Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Soggy Sunday

Morning, tad soggy out so car it is. Work and a whole load of pain with noddy squad. Enjoy your day all.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,936
    Morning, pis I mean raining heavily here as well, not to sure what’s happening today , jane wants to go the garden centre at Woodthorpe, that might be a good plan if it keeps raining
    Have a good day
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,221
    'ning

not yet raining, but won't be long, summer again absent

mostly lazing, perhaps ride later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Looks nice here so tempted to use the summer bike 😳
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    Blue skies here. Not exactly scorchio but forecast is sunny and warm. Will do for me.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    In the blue skies camp here.
    Roads still look a bit damp but sod it the bike needs a clean anyway.
  • Charlie_CrokerCharlie_Croker Posts: 1,125
    Plants watered. A cool 13°C right now with wall to wall blue skies I expect that to rise soon so a good ride may well be on
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    edited July 2020
    Of course, as soon as I went out it clouded over but managed to dodge the showers down the vale by going up.

Shoes were still soggy from yesterday's zwift ride so it was a bit soggy from the start anyway.

Blue skies seem to be returning now.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    It was lashing.
    Cross fingers i can get enough of a gap in the bad weather to go up 'em and down 'em without being soaked.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    Now its stopped drizzling well be taking the Muttley and Gnasher out to their usual countryside venue for a leg stretch. Bit of a contrast from yesterday where the hounds were appreciating a paddling pool.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Just popped out to the shops to grab a couple of things for the holiday. Hopefully it will still happen, looks good with a week to go.
    I tried to stop the rain by putting the cushions for garden furniture under cover last night. Off to a BBQ at an old school mate's later. Bizarrely his daughter is a good friend of female child, this also means female child can drive us 😁
    edited July 2020
    Ben Loy delivered.
    Rain, wind, some sun (repeat).

Knackered.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Sounds good, at least it didn't snow

• orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,568
    ^ That's some serious gravelling.

V slow start, must have been something to do with the bottle count from last night, but good afternoon ride done. Only couple of hours, but had to gel up after 40km, Chilterns ridge taking its toll again. I'm not built to be a mountain domestique.