Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Friday blowing wkend trumpets.

Morning All, grey and dry out for a change. Will summer return again, hopefully. Celebrating being another year older today and will be stuck at work. Cost me a small fortune in cake for today. Enjoy your wkend folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,914
    Morning, grey here but very warm, dog walked little does he know ,he is having a bath today he really hates baths ,so that should be fun well for me anyway, out on the bike soon.

Happy Birthday oxoman hope you have a nice day
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,209
    'ning

forecast brighter and warmer, let's see how that goes

ridey ride, coffee, webex, set controls to bask if warm and sunny
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,618
    Morning, clear blue skies here for a change.
    Going to ride to the orifice to check something, then some more WFH.
    bit of sun, already 20 by 6-ish, to celebrate had a choc macaron with the first double espresso

cafe stroll time
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    HB oxo

Nice walk and then run this morning, now working ready for the car crash of MIL over the weekend.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,787
    Happy Birthday Oxo.
    I always thought the buying of cakes on your birthday was a purely a 'woman thing'.
    Ah well, you live and learn.

Btw, blue sky all around.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,850
    Cheers folks, No I discovered that it's a big burly bloke thing as well. Because production lads include us maint crew we're expected to reciprocate. Just loaded up mess tables with enough muffins and donuts for 40 but only 20 in today.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    Happy Birthday Oxo, get that Zimmer cracking.

Lots more work today, hey ho.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,787
    With so many of you, there are surely days when birthdays overlap? In a room of 23 people there is a 50-50 chance of sharing a birthday. Is it double cakes all round?
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Morning folks
    Happy Friday everyone and happy birthday Oxo. We do the cake thing as well, but for about 70 people usually. At least this year was a little cheaper with so many wfh or furloughed. The ones that annoy me are the ones that turn up to eat cake but never buy it themselves, I don't mind with the youngsters in the warehouse as they don't get paid much. But when the managers do it...
    Off to the fracture clinic soon. The question is will I get a cast or not? I suspect not as it's been so long but who knows.

Morning folks
    Happy Friday everyone and happy birthday Oxo. We do the cake thing as well, but for about 70 people usually. At least this year was a little cheaper with so many wfh or furloughed. The ones that annoy me are the ones that turn up to eat cake but never buy it themselves, I don't mind with the youngsters in the warehouse as they don't get paid much. But when the managers do it...
    Off to the fracture clinic soon. The question is will I get a cast or not? I suspect not as it's been so long but who knows.

Cast will make drug smuggling easier
    Happy Birthday Oxo, missed that early this morning...

I tried to start pork pies for birthdays instead of cakes but it didn't really seem to take off.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    tlw1 said:

... now working ready for the car crash of MIL over the weekend.

You've been looking forward to this all week.

Have a good one Oxo. Doubled up on muffins, poor thing.

Today is wet. Today we head Norf, deep into Jockland to... more wet.

Super.

But we will be travelling through Glen Coe, so I might get some nice, moody shots.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    tlw1 said:

Morning folks

Cast will make drug smuggling easier
    Good point, I'll ask them to leave it a bit baggy so it's easier to dremel out the inside without making a mess of my arm. I'll go and see an Italian cycling doctor as I'll need some of the good gear for when I finally get back on a bike.
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,701
    Happy Friday everyone!

Countdown to a horse meat BBQ steak is on, 42 days and counting...
    This weekend will mostly consist of flags, grit sand, cement and ear defenders.
    Advocate of disc brakes.

Good point, I'll ask them to leave it a bit baggy so it's easier to dremel out the inside without making a mess of my arm. I'll go and see an Italian cycling doctor as I'll need some of the good gear for when I finally get back on a bike.

Go see our mate Michele. 9 TdF wins is a pretty good CV.

Get a groove cut in the cast for sampling.
    oxoman said:

Morning All, grey and dry out for a change. Will summer return again, hopefully. Celebrating being another year older today and will be stuck at work. Cost me a small fortune in cake for today. Enjoy your wkend folks.

happy birthday too

if i'd noticed earlier could've billed you for the macaron :smiley:

pleasant sunny laze amid the cafe shrubbery, webex out of the way, time for another stroll i think, contemplating making pho later
  • Charlie_CrokerCharlie_Croker Posts: 1,114

I tried to start pork pies for birthdays instead of cakes but it didn't really seem to take off.

ooooh yes! ...with Colmans mustard - count me in

Happy Birthday Oxo
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,015
    Morning, happy birthday Oxo, we do the same here I usually borrow someone an go to Costco get a few paving slabs of cake to keep them at bay, high sugar cake and energy drinks are not good bed fellows.

Cheers, not quite Zimmer frame time but cab legally raid pension fund or take early retirement. Not touched the muffins yet myself.
    So it may not be broken after all. It's either broken or it's been broken in the past and healed badly. Prett y sure I'd know if I'd broken it before. I now need to have an MRI to find out, also damaged other ligaments and tendons meaning other small bones are all splayed out. So I have a strap on for the time being, fnarr, fnarr. MRI wil probably be after our holiday. I suspect it will have healed by then as that will be about 3 months so what's the point?
    Send a muffin this way Oxo, I fancy a bit of comfort eating.
    Sorry V going down fast. Hope your wrist sorts itself out. Dont forget to nail the person responsible. When you get paid out you can eat all the muffins you want.
    Still busy.

Today would have been juniors last day in secondary education if they hadn't closed the school back in March. So shes celebrating with some of her mates in the Wetherspoons in town. Guess who will have to go and get her later.

Mind you, because she's paying with a card linked to Strifeys account we can see what she's ordering. Shall ask her how her 'p0rn star martini' was when she gets in the car :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Aaahhhh going to be a long weekend
    Stevo_666 said:

Still busy.

Today would have been juniors last day in secondary education if they hadn't closed the school back in March. So shes celebrating with some of her mates in the Wetherspoons in town. Guess who will have to go and get her later.

Mind you, because she's paying with a card linked to Strifeys account we can see what she's ordering. Shall ask her how her 'p0rn star martini' was when she gets in the car :)

Maybe keep an eye on what's she's having otherwise you might get to see it again later in the car :dizzy:
    Keep the window open just in case. :s
    edited July 2020
    No problem in the end, though leather seats are easy to wipe clean if the worst happened :)

She even had the decency to ask for a lift home at 9.30 which meant I could have a drink when we got home. Result.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

9.30?! She was dumped.
    Much easier for me, daughter doesn't drink so she drives herself. Lad is big enough and bad enough to fend for himself.
    pinno said:

9.30?! She was dumped.

She was out with 5 other girls. Started early afternoon so they'd had enough by 9.30 I reckon.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter