Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB general

Bossnut and Calibre owners watch out.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,345
It's being reported that Go-Outdoors owners are potentially bringing in receivers to look at restructuring as they struggle because of covid. Might be worth trying to get some spare mech hangers.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• dabberdabber Posts: 1,628
    edited 21 June
    If only you could get the current Bossnut mech hanger....none available.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Calibre Bossnut
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,345
    I'm pretty sure someone will come along and make a pattern part given the number of bikes out there.
    oxoman said:

I'm pretty sure someone will come along and make a pattern part given the number of bikes out there.

I hope so. I don't actually need one at the moment but decided about 6 weeks ago to get myself a spare but none were available and still aren't.

As to Go Outdoors I guess we'll know more about what will happen to them in a while. Close, restructure, whatever???

• oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,345
    Hopefully they will be ok, prefer them to blacks. Hopefully Mr Ashley will not get his hands on it.
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,356
    edited 21 June
    BETD make a lot of hangers. There's one labelled up as being for a Bossnut (the QR version) here: https://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/product/derailleur-hanger-433/

They make hundreds though, and Calibre probably use a similar shape one to something else, so you can either search through them or send a picture if it's not obvious what you need.
    Thanks. I had a search but couldn't find the one I need. I might get in contact with them though and send them a photo. I'm hoping Go/Calibre will get something sorted but I don't want to be stuck without the bike for ages if I break it.
    There are several Bossnut ones available but not for the current Bossnut/TripleB

• steve_sordysteve_sordy Posts: 2,016
    I never understood why we have to have so many different mech hangers. Surely there are enough now that manufacturers can find one already made and use that. Or better still design the frames a fraction differently and use the exact same half a dozen or so!
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,356

I never understood why we have to have so many different mech hangers. Surely there are enough now that manufacturers can find one already made and use that. Or better still design the frames a fraction differently and use the exact same half a dozen or so!

Sram have recently tried to introduce a universal mech hanger: https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/ac-drhg-mtb-a1

It remains to be seen how many manufacturers actually start using it...
  • webboowebboo Posts: 2,874
    It would appear that Go Outdoors has been saved as JD Sports have bought it back.
  • steve_sordysteve_sordy Posts: 2,016

Sram have recently tried to introduce a universal mech hanger: https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/ac-drhg-mtb-a1

It remains to be seen how many manufacturers actually start using it...
    Well, if Specialized used it that would be a start! :)