Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Finally Thursday and forum still alive.

Morning All, forum still alive complete with some dodgy images. Last day on shift with the noddy,s. Will see what damage last night's biblical storms did on way in shortly. Enjoy your day all.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,847
    Morning, Hope everyone’s ok, damp start here, no cycling today thunderstorms forecast, I managed to get caught up in one on Tuesday I don't think I have ever been so cold in June, and wet of course
    Have a good day
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,292
    'ning

it is most soggy

nyt, dentist for checkup, coffee to follow
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,136
    On a taper week at the same time I’ve caught man flu so no exercise or drink at all - Christ I’m bored
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,479
    Slight niggle in the groin flared up again from running last night, It's still aching from November when I was in Vegas and got thrown off a bull.

I think I'll be on the turbo tonight, debating an FTP test followed by a builder for a few weeks but wondering weather to build a bit of extra fitness first or just start tonight?

Opinions?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,998
    What were you doing to the bull? 😳

Wet, wet, wet... indoors day. Lots of Stuff I need to get sorted but motivation for such approx. nil. Mess about on t'internet instead, sounds like a plan.
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,479
    Riding it... Badly.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,292
    uneventful at the dentist

thought it might brighten/dry up, instead it went remarkably dark, but the rain radar shows a gap approaching, may nip out while it's clear
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 40,040
    Woken a couple of times by bucketing rain in the night. At least the fish pond doesn't need to be topped up now. Compensating with coffee currently.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,726
    Morning, I clearly choose the perfect day for new windows and doors its peeing down outside, and partially inside where I'm sans window. updating 30 year old wood frame windows to more modern composites, brilliant fun!

Anyway faffing with IT stuff as usual, got to go into work later to pick up the car I left there so the fitters could park on something semi level, might have stopped raining then?

Slight niggle in the groin flared up again from running last night, It's still aching from November when I was in Vegas and got thrown off a bull.

I think I'll be on the turbo tonight, debating an FTP test followed by a builder for a few weeks but wondering weather to build a bit of extra fitness first or just start tonight?

Opinions?

Go with the plan now, otherwise it will slip
    tlw1 said:

On a taper week at the same time I’ve caught man flu so no exercise or drink at all - Christ I’m bored

Thought you would be too busy to be part fourloughed.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Thought you would be too busy to be part fourloughed.
    Taper as in long run on Saturday - work is ferkin nuts
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,378 Lives Here
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day of WFH but a hefty dose of cba limited my activities. Much answering of stupid questions from people that should know better. I failed to be polite when answering, but then I didn't really try.
    I saw something about riding the bull the other day. Apparently whilst taking your Mrs from behind you whisper another girl's name in her ear then hold on tight.
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,342
    tlw1 said:

work is ferkin nuts

Need a temporary minion?

• thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,342
    'ning

Tried to go out before the rain first thing but it didn't happen.

Did some more hacking if my turbo, but got the magic smoke after wiring something up wrong so gave up and did some zwift. Had a bit of tyre slip on the turbo which covered half the kitchen in blue rubber crumbs :hushed:

Rain's stopped now, hopefully it'll be drier tomorrow.

tlw1 said:

work is ferkin nuts

Need a temporary minion?

You're volunteering to be tlw's gimp?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

work is ferkin nuts

Need a temporary minion?

You're volunteering to be tlw's gimp?
    😂