Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Wet Wednesday.

Morning. Work, more work at work eat sleep repeat till the wkend. May attempt a run later or session on the rollers if I CBA.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,725
    Morning, throwing it down here the dog did not want to go out on the lawn earlier, I couldn’t blame him either,at least it won’t affect my turbo session
    Have a good day
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,194
    'ning

damp roads still, ride before the rain returns, coffee, nyt, wfh, numbers, billions of 'em
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,056
    When will this weather ever end? The last few weeks have confirmed - I hate the shite weather

Work stuff then a quick run and probably drive over to the MIL’s and set up her new tv whilst ensuring she socially distances - that way I avoid her lack of joy conversation. Ideally it would wait until the weekend when I could make a bike ride out of it but current wife is too concerned I’m cycling too far from home🙄
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,238
    It is wet.
    It's not raining though.
    It looks like it might even brighten up later.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,194
    a gloomygrey ride, just going sunny though i do not think that's going to last

seemed to be even more traffic about than ever

considering a second coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,300
    The quiet sunny roads will soon be a distant memory as normality and the bad English weather returns. :(
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,442
    DIY haircut last night... It's acceptable and an improvement on the curly mess that had been cultivating over the last few weeks.

wfh today, probably a turbo session later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,507
    edited 29 April
    Another on the home based corporate hamster wheel. At least there's some interesting stuff to be going with.

Strifey has given the hounds to the dogwalkers for the day (fitted their leads and lobbed the end of the lead at them) so she can crack on with her job as domestic engineer. I think Stropteen has has emerged from her pit recently so that's everyone accounted for. Onwards to coffee...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,197
    Bare clippers, it's the only way.
    Talking of which, my two girls hair is wild. In fact, they have gone a bit free range.

Yep wet here me too.
    Yesterday was non stop catching up on chores from creating mount for a hose reel to some painting to undoing council ditch digging activities which blocked the drain and septic tank overflow outlet. B*stards.

S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,442
    Basturds, surely?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • The rains stopped, ground is damp if not wet. So might be a good time to attempt an off-road ride after a few cuppa's and before the rain returns later in the day
    pinno said:

Talking of which, my two girls hair is wild. In fact, they have gone a bit free range.

Yep wet here me too.
    Yesterday was non stop catching up on chores from creating mount for a hose reel to some painting to undoing council ditch digging activities which blocked the drain and septic tank overflow outlet. B*stards.

Not got mains sewage up there yet?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,661
    Afternoon, also joined the home based corporate heck. Spent the morning trying to work out why my VPN connection was censored , turns out its because Virgin don't like the port I'm using, so that was fun! Fixed, port number opened an I can now catch up on exactly sod all. Well ish theres lots of planning stuff an kit stuff on standby to fly where ever but not much if anything I can do.

Anyway its back to normal here, as in its raining and grey, did we just have summer?

Also, I too need to chop the mop its getting a bit long now, clippers later.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,642
    Surprised to get a sunny and warm day. Raining tonight however, but that's fine.

Aimless ride around the area this morning for an hour. Basked a while. Chainsaw activity for an hour or so removing old dead thing from garden. Even chucked in a short turbo and a rower session to make up for the breakfast cereal, fruit toast, lunch, ANZAC biccie, drinks and bar snacks, soup and roll, and quiche and cous cous salad.

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Yep wet here me too.

I live in the sticks you plonker. Septic tank. A lot of homes have septic tanks and some have 3 phase electricity.
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Yep wet here me too.

I live in the sticks you plonker. Septic tank. A lot of homes have septic tanks and some have 3 phase electricity.
    No septic tank here as thankfully the previous owners paid £10k to connect to the main sewer 💩
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Yep wet here me too.

No septic tank here as thankfully the previous owners paid £10k to connect to the main sewer 💩
    So basically it's just the peasants who have septic tanks?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

I doubt 10k would cover the 4 miles of pipeline to the main sewerage system.
    I suppose if I got out my shovel and negotiated with 3 farmers...
    W - Wiggle Honda

pinno said:

Isn't there a stream closer by?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

pinno said:

£10k was a few years ago and was from the house to the road - not far at all

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Where do you think the overflow goes? :)
    W - Wiggle Honda

edited 30 April
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Where do you think the overflow goes? :)
    There's your answer then and no need for 4 miles of pipe - doubt anyone would notice the difference if it's all farms near you :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• step83step83 Posts: 3,661
    pinno said:

"Negotiate"

Aka wave your spade at them while they look at you all confused.
    step83 said:

pinno said:

"Negotiate"

Aka wave your spade at them while they look at you all confused.
    No doubt Pinno will come across Scotland's version of Farmer Palmer ('Get off moi laaaand')
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

They are of a certain breed up in this bit. This, the highest milk yielding herds in Europe. It's all that bloody rain innit!

They sell farm assured milk which means a guaranteed price per litre and it's a good price. So, they are amongst the wealthiest of framers in Jockland and most of them drive Bee ems and Jaguars yet i've never met a breed of people that moan so much.
    The one's who don't qualify for the farm assured prices, are totally broke.

W - Wiggle Honda