Merlin Inferno

Made this my main bike after owning it for 6 months and using as a commuter and bad weather bike. Had a basic build with parts cobbled from what I had spare.

I realised how well the frameset rode with just odds and sods on it so I decided to re-build with aero parts to compliment the frame set.

All done on not a large budget. Had a real bargain hunt for parts.

Groupset came over from the old build which is Ultegra 6800 derailleurs with ST-R685 shifters and Ultergra 8000 callipers and discs. Cassette is an 8000.

Rotor 3D chainset and Look Keo Carbon blade pedals.

Annoyingly the CBear bottom bracket had to be replaced and I picked up an eBay bargain Rotor ceramic replacement.

Wheels are Prime 60mm black edition bought at nearly 50% off. Sourced some tan wall 25mm Schwalbe Pro Ones and latex tubes.

Deda Superzero bars and stem for the cockpit. Got a cracking deal on these from Merlin cycles.

Got a nondescript ceramic oversize pulley from eBay and Rotor Qarbon chainring for a touch of bling. Again eBay bargains.

To say I’m pleased with it is an understatement. Not just how it looks but how good it rides. I had a Canyon with a quite high end build. Inferno is so good I moved the Canyon on. I do miss the Di2 of the Canyon so next project is SRAM etap.

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Very nice!
  • Nice! Aren’t these essentially Ridleys?, I’ve had a couple of Helium SLs and they’re great bikes
  • bradsbeard
    bradsbeard Posts: 210

Nice! Aren’t these essentially Ridleys?, I’ve had a couple of Helium SLs and they’re great bikes

I believe they are made by the same manufacturer as produces Ridley.