Wiggles Prime Primavera Carbon Handlebar

Comments

• And what do people think bar tape wise? How far along do people go for? I’m unsure
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MF....

Is that an Ultegra groupset?

it is, yes. 8000 series.

Came off the S3 as standard, replaced by Red, now its on the Soloist as the Soloist is the winter bike.

Its as I've said - Ultegra is perfect as a winter or training groupset, its just not good enough to be a "best bike" groupset. I just can't understand why people get a stiffie about it.

Its when you jump off tbe Red onto the Ultegra that you go "oh. thisisshit".
    its also the only reason i comment as i do on ultegra as i have to suffer it when i ride the Soloist.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

And what do people think bar tape wise? How far along do people go for? I’m unsure

exactly as mine is on the picture - cover shifter clamps, thats that.

its an aero bar.
  • Hmm personally do like a bit of tape on the top of the bars for comfort but just unsure how far into the stem to go. Probably just to the logos
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    MattFalle said:

And what do people think bar tape wise? How far along do people go for? I’m unsure

its an aero bar.
    It's entirely up to you. I do it like this as I like a bit of tape behind the shifters on that little wrist-resting dimple, and it keeps the cables covered between exiting the shifters and entering the bars. No right or wrong way though.

• neeb said:

MattFalle said:

its an aero bar.
    It's entirely up to you. I do it like this as I like a bit of tape behind the shifters on that little wrist-resting dimple, and it keeps the cables covered between exiting the shifters and entering the bars. No right or wrong way though.

Yeah it’s all preference really. Personally think that looks much sleeker and probably more comfortable also so will give that a bash. Cheers for the pic
  • MattFalle
    but thats extra weight.....
  • MattFalle
    nice floor by the way - groovy.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    MattFalle said:

nice floor by the way - groovy.

Tiler charged me extra for laying them diagonally.. More cutting.
  • MattFalle
    looks good though and thats what counts.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Nice shed @MattFalle

Handlebars look the business, I really like those & decent VFM too.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I almost pulled the trigger on a set of those but went with the new look zipp alu aero bars which are about 100g heavier but match my stem and seatpost which cost a small fortune already and I must have matchy matchy on the best bike
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    ibr17xvii said:

Nice shed @MattFalle

That's actually his sauna
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

ibr17xvii said:

Nice shed @MattFalle

doesn't everyone have a sauna?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

ibr17xvii said:

Nice shed @MattFalle

doesn't everyone have a sauna?
    Not me, i cut out the middle man and go straight to hitting myself with birch branches.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Do the poor man's aluminium version have the cable holes too?
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    edited February 2021
    I'm normally a "function over form" with a good sprinkling of "bang for the buck" purchaser, but even though the aero drag reduction hasn't been quantified, those carbon Primavera bars look so bike-sexy compared to the now £130 https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HBSELDR/selcof-delta-wing-carbon-road-handlebar which would match the 27.2mm https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SPSEDEHM/selcof-delta-hm-carbon-seat-post I've had on the Cube Attain GTC Disc for several years.

My 58cm Cube came with bars that are 40cm c-c on the hoods and 42cm c-c on the end of the drops, would I be mad to buy the 38cm Primavera (38cm c-c hoods, 40cm c-c drops)? It seems just like last time I was aware of 38cm stock issues, buying the bar/tape bundle is in stock (bit annoying, but at least I could get a tenner off through BC discount at CRC)...

With thanks to my on-hand assistant, apparently I'm "44 to 45"cm across the my shoulders (outside edge of arms).
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • MattFalle

Do the poor man's aluminium version have the cable holes too?

yup - nice big ones so really nice to set up - I'll grab a piccie when i'm home in a bit for you.
  • MattFalle
    overall though, both sets are a lot, lot nicer than Superzero ones - lighter, nicer shape, holes for cables....
  • MattFalle

carbon version
  • MattFalle

ali version
  • MattFalle
    but tbh, and I was going to do this - you could drill the holes into a set of superzero 'bars no problem at all - they are thick and hefty enough to do it and where you are drilling isn't weight bearing.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    MattFalle said:

but tbh, and I was going to do this - you could drill the holes into a set of superzero 'bars no problem at all - they are thick and hefty enough to do it and where you are drilling isn't weight bearing.

You're going to cause someone a serious accident with advice like that! Of course the whole handlebar is weight bearing. You should never customize handlebars, stems, seatposts etc by drilling holes in them on a whim. These are lightweight engineered components- not to be tampered with!
  • MattFalle
    Bollox. utter bollix.

They weigh a ton, you're not drilling anywhere near stem compression, ali won't snap and you could beat an elephant dead with them.

don't be a square.
  • MattFalle
    its about as lightweight as a not very lightweight ali bar.

which, to be exact, is not very lightweight.
  • MattFalle said:

Bollox. utter bollix.

They weigh a ton, you're not drilling anywhere near stem compression, ali won't snap and you could beat an elephant dead with them.

don't be a square.

Don't end up in a rectangle.
  • MattFalle
    if its carbon, i agree, don't go drilling holes in it.

just be sensible.
  • masjer
    MattFalle said:

Bollox. utter bollix.

don't be a square.

By all means endanger yourself and wreck your own bike parts drilling holes, just don't recommend it to others. Someone might actually follow your advice.
    Handlebars are put under a lot of stresses- especially sprinting- weakening them by drilling holes is reckless.
    Check with the manufacturer if you like, but I'd bet their reply would read something like "you have invalidated the guarantee and safety of your handlebars".
  • MattFalle
    Of course they will. Why wouldn't they?

I like the way you used "reckless" and "endanger" though.

As an aside, what are your thoughts on drillium?
  • masjer
    Drillium- I had to Google it.https://instructables.com/Make-Your-Own-Drillium-Drilled-bike-components/

Did you read the safety disclaimer?

"Drilling holes in critical bike components can lead to FAILURE OF THE COMPONENTS. I do not suggest doing this to your brake calipers (at first), stem, or handlebars or any other part of your bike for that matter. SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH CAN RESULT FROM COMPONENTS FAILING"