Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Monday's monotony.

Morning All. Currently very breezy and dry out. Definitely in car again as crosswinds are not something I want to battle before work. Work and many idiots as usual. Signed up to this yrs stupid event number 1 for me, doing half marathon again. May even do a full one before I do the half. Enjoy work folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,729
    Morning, strong winds but fine when will it end, the weathers looking terrible all of his week
    Have a good week
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,198
    'ning

coffee, webex, do more expenses, feed the annoying to the pineapples, must arrange next four flights
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,528
    Glad I decided to ride tomorrow instead of today; still a bit of Dennis hanging around.

Busy week ahead as were getting into annual appraisal season on top of all the usual gumph.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,664
    Morning, declined riding in this morning much strewn debris, bodies etc. Weathers weirdly calm for a change though weekend outlook again is not good, wait an see on that mid week.
    Busy day managing things most of the work will be in the afternoon when we get some figures to look at. Now to hunt coffee.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Morning all, apologies for my absence as noted by WS on the 14th. I've unfortunately been working 7:30am to 7:30pm ish every day so I've rudely had to cut you guys off to even attempt to get stuff done. I think they are trying to push us in an effort to make it more efficient but I don't have the power to actually change how things are done because of admin/ISO nazis.

Also, it's my stag this weekend. I'm nervous.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,201
    Is that the most original title that a maintenance engineer can muster?

Strangely calm this morning.
    Toots are on their February break. I mean wtf is that all about? It wasn't long ago they came off their Christmas break.
    3 weeks at Easter is far better than 1 week now given the likely weather in Feb.

Ho hum...
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,443
    Met some friend in the pub yesterday at 3 o'clock for a few drinks. The trail I managed to pick up was a phone call to my son at 12.05am asking if he could let us in...

Suffice to say that today may not be as productive as it could be.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,058
    haydenm said:

Morning all, apologies for my absence as noted by WS on the 14th. I've unfortunately been working 7:30am to 7:30pm ish every day so I've rudely had to cut you guys off to even attempt to get stuff done. I think they are trying to push us in an effort to make it more efficient but I don't have the power to actually change how things are done because of admin/ISO nazis.

What time are we meeting?
    Kids had sleep over so shouted lots at 2am and turned the internet off.

Got up at 5:15, kettle broke, puppy shat everywhere at some point in the night, poo bag broke and forgot to fill windscreen washer yesterday and ran out on the way to work. Today can only get better
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

2pm in Manchester. I'm not meant to know but the guy from my office who is coming is a moron and blurted it out...
    haydenm said:

I suggest shaving off your eyebrows etc and putting one limb in a plaster cast beforehand to limit the scope for practical jokes on the night.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    tlw1 said:

Kids had sleep over so shouted lots at 2am and turned the internet off.

Got up at 5:15, kettle broke, puppy shat everywhere at some point in the night, poo bag broke and forgot to fill windscreen washer yesterday and ran out on the way to work. Today can only get better

That Kevin Bloody Wilson song 'Absolute c*** of a day' sounds strangely appropriate.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

haydenm said:

tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

2pm in Manchester. I'm not meant to know but the guy from my office who is coming is a moron and blurted it out...
    Shave his eyebrows?
    tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

Shave his eyebrows?
    Just his eyebrows?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• oxoman said:

Morning All. Currently very breezy and dry out. Definitely in car again as crosswinds are not something I want to battle before work. Work and many idiots as usual. Signed up to this yrs stupid event number 1 for me, doing half marathon again. May even do a full one before I do the half. Enjoy work folks.

Go the whole hog and book yourself on a trail ultra :wink:

oxoman said:

Go the whole hog and book yourself on a trail ultra :wink:
    Yeah - do it. Or at the very least do the trail marathon at CYB
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,664
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

Shave his eyebrows?
    Just his eyebrows?
    Just one eyebrow, they have to decide if they shave both then or constantly have a look of confusion going on.
  • phil485phil485 Posts: 318
    drove in, not that windy, grumpy I didn't cycle.

must ride tomorrow.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,894
    This 'winter' weather is weird. The grass is growing and there are even dandelions showing in flower. Just had a mega strimmer session in the jungle, and thinking I should really get out the mower. In mid February.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,305
    Cheers guys, you never know I might try something more stupid like an ultra, watch this space. ;)
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    orraloon said:

This 'winter' weather is weird. The grass is growing and there are even dandelions showing in flower. Just had a mega strimmer session in the jungle, and thinking I should really get out the mower. In mid February.

Yep.
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    oxoman said:

Cheers guys, you never know I might try something more stupid like an ultra, watch this space. ;)

Actually prefer an ultra to a marathon, normally meet some great people, run through fantastic countryside and eat your own body weight
    tlw1 said:

.... and eat your own body weight

Aaah, now I see the appeal.

W - Wiggle Honda