Forum home BikeRadar team Discuss the website with the team

What bikes/products would you like to see reviewed?

oli_adminoli_admin Posts: 99
Want to buy a new bike, component or accessory but can't find a review of it anywhere?

We want to know which products you would like to see reviewed by the BikeRadar test team.

We clearly can't act on every request, but the suggestions mentioned in this thread will then be polled and we'll endeavour to get the most popular bikes and kit reviewed by our test team.

Thank you

• schlepcyclingschlepcycling Posts: 1,563
    edited 17 January
    Reviews of the new Exposure STVZO lights please.
    https://exposurelights.com/products/bike/stvzo-lights
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • I'd personally like to see a few more low end bikes reviewed. Looking at the sales statistics they make up a huge amount of sales but there isn't a huge number of commercial reviews and sometimes none at all. Carrera and Calibre bikes for example. I'd also like to see more comparison reviews because they are the most useful to buyers.
  • alanyualanyu Posts: 73
    I'd say bikeradar's review of front and rear lights is so pale and weak. All are the text without the photo of the real beam.

Here is an example way better than yours: https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/212914-best-20192020-front-lights-cycling-40-light-beam-comparison-plus-how
  • A roundup review of affordable, but decent hybrid commuters... Along the lines of Voodoo Marasa, Calibre Stitch, Boardman HYB 8.6 etc. I find it staggering that so many people are buying BSOs that don't cost much less than the Marasa, that have far inferior components such as cable actuated disc brakes.
    ================
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • jeffbwoodjeffbwood Posts: 54
    Standert kreissage frame please in comparison to likes of Bowman Palace R and CAAD or similar
  • A comparison of best bang for your buck road race bikes.

I would suggest Giant TCR, Canyon Ultimate and Rose X-Lite.
  • synchronicitysynchronicity Posts: 1,415

I'd personally like to see a few more low end bikes reviewed. Looking at the sales statistics they make up a huge amount of sales but there isn't a huge number of commercial reviews and sometimes none at all. Carrera and Calibre bikes for example. I'd also like to see more comparison reviews because they are the most useful to buyers.

I agree. It's because most reviewers are bike snobs.
  • harry.harry. Posts: 11
    I'd like to see the low end bikes reviewed and scored on 1 to 10 for different things. So then we quickly know which are its good points and bad points. You could have the general opinions of your panel, but also with quotes from individual members of your test team.
  • High end bikes are much of a muchness nowadays. They're all great but there's not much differentiating many of them aside from the name on the downtube.

Reviews of budget bikes are always far more interesting, there's a lot more variety as different brands make compromises in different areas.
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 935
    I'd like to see comparisons of high end v medium range v low end bikes from the same manufacturer. Preferably tested by riders of different skill levels and see what they think the main differences are.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • poptart242poptart242 Posts: 465
    edited 6 February
    Budget shootout: a given budget, with which you have to buy and build a bike for X purpose. Sort of like the old Top Gear challenges.

Example - Crit racer: Bowman/CAAD12-13/Kinesis/Specialized Allez Sprint etc for the frames, then spread the rest of your budget carefully between a combo of groupset, wheels and finishing kit.
  • kingrollokingrollo Posts: 3,147
    this website/forum
  • slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,478
    kingrollo said:

this website/forum

even I'm getting a little fed up with it being quite so narrow ... at it's max, its' about the right width for an iPad in landscape - ie 1024px wide ... can't it go any wider??
  • rwooferrwoofer Posts: 106
    I would like to see group tests, as no bike is bad these days. Group tests give a much better sense of how bikes differ in their characteristics. Single bike tests just seem to regurgitate marketing material. See Grand Fondo magazine as an example.
  • 2020 Trek Emonda ALR 5 Disc :)
    I just got mine two weeks ago as an upgrade from my second hand 2015 Trek Madone 2.1 that I bought a year ago. Absolute pleasure to ride, fast!
  • thegreatdividethegreatdivide Posts: 5,023
    edited 13 April

2020 Trek Emonda ALR 5 Disc :)
    I just got mine two weeks ago as an upgrade from my second hand 2015 Trek Madone 2.1 that I bought a year ago. Absolute pleasure to ride, fast!

Bikeradar has had a long term review of the ALR for a few years. They've even done videos on it:

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/treks-new-emonda-alr-disc-is-lighter-than-its-sl-carbon-counterpart/

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/trek-emonda-alr-long-term-review/

The only difference between the previous couple of years models and the 2020 is that the latter has now got heavier bits hanging off the frame and and a new paint job - which has no doubt added a bit more weight on what was the lightest alu frame on the market.

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/reviews/7968/trek-emonda-alr-5-disc-road-bike-review

It's still a great frame though. I managed to get my 2017 edition to under 7kg.
  • Thanks for the info mate, I indeed did watch the review from one of the bike radar guys on this before buying the bike. So smooth and fast!
  • How about reviewing British made bike lights?
  • tystartystar Posts: 2
    Would love to see this reviewed against the Cannondale Topstone 105
    https://www.norco.com/bikes/2020/road/gravel/search-xr-aluminum/search-xr-a1/

Thank You
  • Jazzco05Jazzco05 Posts: 1
    All the different E Bikes plus different motors / Batteries etc with differences and advice . Whether all aftermarket aftermarket tuning products etc will burn out the motor or not
  • I want to see all kinds of bizarre styles of bicycles, rare paint colors
  • thestrandthestrand Posts: 112
    I'd love to see comparisons of groupsets from all 'big 3' manufacturers. Not just the top end but Rival/105/Centaur as well.
    Felt F95 2012

Hello to Jason Isaacs
  • Charlie_CrokerCharlie_Croker Posts: 461
    Database
    You already have the information I need (mostly). However it’s always easy to locate this. What I’d like to see is a simple listing without pictures or comments (perhaps a link for more info) with columns only. For example Category, Product, Price, year tested, overall star rating, consumer rating, impact result, weight, size, colour plus anything else that’s relevant (wind noise levels (db) for helmets for example). Back in the day a magazine called What HiFi if I'm allowed to mention them, used to have one of these and very useful it was for a quick easy way to look up what was available.

Layout example:

Just thought it'd be handy
  • hopsterhopster Posts: 35
    Cycling is getting increasingly expensive. I'd love to see some reviews of things like short nosed saddles, carbon seatposts and other budget products found on eBay.
  • gabrys.ahoygabrys.ahoy Posts: 1
    Could you please review the new 2020 cube analog ?:)
  • thecycleclinicthecycleclinic Posts: 306
    Reviews that get technical. For example with wheels explaining what the upsides and downsides of lacing patterns chosen are, freehub mechanisms are, bracing angles..... Reviews need to educate. Too many allow misunderstanding to persist.