What bikes/products would you like to see reviewed?

oli_adminoli_admin Posts: 87
Want to buy a new bike, component or accessory but can't find a review of it anywhere?

We want to know which products you would like to see reviewed by the BikeRadar test team.

We clearly can't act on every request, but the suggestions mentioned in this thread will then be polled and we'll endeavour to get the most popular bikes and kit reviewed by our test team.

Thank you

• schlepcyclingschlepcycling Posts: 1,538
    edited 17 January
    Reviews of the new Exposure STVZO lights please.
    https://exposurelights.com/products/bike/stvzo-lights
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • I'd personally like to see a few more low end bikes reviewed. Looking at the sales statistics they make up a huge amount of sales but there isn't a huge number of commercial reviews and sometimes none at all. Carrera and Calibre bikes for example. I'd also like to see more comparison reviews because they are the most useful to buyers.
  • alanyualanyu Posts: 72
    I'd say bikeradar's review of front and rear lights is so pale and weak. All are the text without the photo of the real beam.

Here is an example way better than yours: https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/212914-best-20192020-front-lights-cycling-40-light-beam-comparison-plus-how
  • A roundup review of affordable, but decent hybrid commuters... Along the lines of Voodoo Marasa, Calibre Stitch, Boardman HYB 8.6 etc. I find it staggering that so many people are buying BSOs that don't cost much less than the Marasa, that have far inferior components such as cable actuated disc brakes.
    ================
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo

Formerly known as NitrousOxideUK (used new forum settings to sync name with my STW account alias)
  • jeffbwoodjeffbwood Posts: 34
    Standert kreissage frame please in comparison to likes of Bowman Palace R and CAAD or similar
  • A comparison of best bang for your buck road race bikes.

I would suggest Giant TCR, Canyon Ultimate and Rose X-Lite.
  • synchronicitysynchronicity Posts: 1,415

I'd personally like to see a few more low end bikes reviewed. Looking at the sales statistics they make up a huge amount of sales but there isn't a huge number of commercial reviews and sometimes none at all. Carrera and Calibre bikes for example. I'd also like to see more comparison reviews because they are the most useful to buyers.

I agree. It's because most reviewers are bike snobs.
  • harry.harry. Posts: 11
    I'd like to see the low end bikes reviewed and scored on 1 to 10 for different things. So then we quickly know which are its good points and bad points. You could have the general opinions of your panel, but also with quotes from individual members of your test team.
  • High end bikes are much of a muchness nowadays. They're all great but there's not much differentiating many of them aside from the name on the downtube.

Reviews of budget bikes are always far more interesting, there's a lot more variety as different brands make compromises in different areas.
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 667
    I'd like to see comparisons of high end v medium range v low end bikes from the same manufacturer. Preferably tested by riders of different skill levels and see what they think the main differences are.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • poptart242poptart242 Posts: 443
    edited 6 February
    Budget shootout: a given budget, with which you have to buy and build a bike for X purpose. Sort of like the old Top Gear challenges.

Example - Crit racer: Bowman/CAAD12-13/Kinesis/Specialized Allez Sprint etc for the frames, then spread the rest of your budget carefully between a combo of groupset, wheels and finishing kit.
  • kingrollokingrollo Posts: 3,144
    this website/forum