wednesday in an embiggening universe

'ning

merry crimbo, no rain, hurrah

early ride on the quiet-ish roads taking in a couple of non-shut cafes, perhaps mrs s will be awake for return, start scoffing and swigging
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine here as well, early ride planned for me no cafe stops though, will be opening the presents a bit later, eat drink and be merry, but probably not in that order
    Happy Christmas
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Presents opened like whirlwind that only kids can achieve. Run with the hound soon and then off to the local for a few hours :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Very untraditional slow start being enjoyed as the kids aren’t up yet. Suspect they’ll be up soon, then presents and very swift one at the local before heading to the old dear’s.
    Have a good one.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Merry Christmas everyone. I am the only one up yet. Kids have grown up and have no grand kids so a quiet day beckons. Copious food and drink to be consumed, but the missus would say I do that every day anyway.
    I suspect the traditional abuse of the people responsible for the TV lineup will kick in later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    nippy ride, but dry and sunshine more than compensated, surprisingly busy roads though

slight buzz from amount of coffee swigged at cafe, tempted to have the full english but resisted
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Been extra quiet here. Beautiful sunny day, walked dog early on the beach and we were the only sign of life at all. Coffee and biscotti in the sunshine after, then ham and eggs on toast for lunch.

Snooze in the sun, and a bike ride late in the day.

Not bad, really.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Relaxing here for now as the hounds are snoozing. Traditional outing to the park later while the Turkey cooks - for one of them only as the other one had his op 2 days ago and is still recovering/wearing the cone of shame.

Better start on the snacks as we usually eat quite late. Tempted to have a blast in the car while the roads are quiet but not sure that will go down to well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    A lovely but cool bike ride, showered , and have a glass of Johnnie Walker blue label in my hand, what could be better
  • Merry Xmas! Worked last night (yep me and Santa), had surf first light then a couple hours kip and now up for the festivities. IE eating and drinking.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Ride ridden. Sunshine. Quiet roads. Timed to get home and off said roads before the pubs close; lots of village pubs with lots of cars parked outside.

Even some seasonal goodwill in evidence. Singletrack road, horsey woman coming towards me, riding one leading another. I pull in and stop, shield the front strobe. Nice conversation with her, unusual as the majority of the time those horse people just blank me.

Now for a hot soak, fire up the stove and open the first of many.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Merry Christmas and all that jazz.
    If the TV is no good Bally, try my tricky quiz over in CS.

Sunny here. Went for pre-xmas dinner walk with the toots in the sunshine.
    Cat wants at the roast chicken. He'll have to wait like the rest of us.
    Onwards to food, Vodka, Xmas pudding and perhaps repeat f the same. Have a good one.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    what was it Eddie Mercx once said, it never gets easier it just goes faster...

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Yeabut... what is the 'it' he is referring to?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    pinno said:

Yeabut... what is the 'it' he is referring to?

well ok true he wasnt referring to Christmas, maybe I should have paraphrased it instead, it just felt a very neat way to describe how my Christmas had felt, I could have quite happily stayed in bed all day yesterday I was that drained by the experience of it.