Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Sad Saturday Working

Morning. Damp dark and dismal, the 3 D,s. Work all wkend, only highlight is lads football Christmas party. Sadly can't get rat-arsed as at work Sunday. If weather continues to improve I may even bimble in on bike Sunday. Enjoy your wkend all.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,914
    Morning, mild and dry here, club ride at 9 o’clock , out for a few drinks later
    Have a good weekend
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,210
    'ning

ride up and down, cafe, perhaps seek out a new mince pie to try
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Feeling below par, last weeks bug has resurfaced which is pants. Not going to let it beat me, so going cycling soon with the kids and then off to Chester for the wife’s Christmas party ball, free bar will make me feel better
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    mild and dry here too so might actually go out on the bike in a bit

only one full week at work left this year! get in!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been enjoyed, should put the coffee on now. A slow day of pottering to be had after a busy day yesterday. So busy I didn’t manage to post, I had a rather extended pub lunch followed by a nap. Someone has to make up for TLW being such a lightweight.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • Slow start, short walk with the dog in chilly wind. Sold off a pile of old timber moulding boards we don't need. Installed some more track lighting. Short ride just to see if I'd fixed the squeak in the frame pivots.

Nope.

Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,539
    Much fettling of summer bike, stripping down, cleaning, ordering new cassette and the like. Plus organising rebuild / new rim for my dented (causation as yet unidentified but I have my suspicions as to who dropped a heavy weight on it) rear wheel. Been putting this off for weeks, so big tick, justify another wine or 2 tonight.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Christmas tree purchased, turns out 8ft doesn’t fit in the car :)
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,619

mild and dry here too so might actually go out on the bike in a bit

only one full week at work left this year! get in!

Ditto, but with 2 half days in the mix :)

Not much done today, bought some expensive shoes, marshalled a bike race, lots of driving around on busy roads.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    edited December 2019
    Not long back from Cambridge and juniors uni interview - three of them to be exact. First one was a real toughie so we needed a bit of lunchtime team talk and luckily she reckons turned it around for interviews 2 & 3.

Time for a well deserved take away for Stropteen. Ill wash mine down with plonk.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,069
    Well done to stroppers. She can't do worse than my interview at Oxford, where I tried to blag that I'd read a certain book, unfortunately one of the panel had written the book, and proceeded to tear me a new @rsehole... I managed to turn a good entrance exam result into an outright rejection. Still, I've never bullshitted in an interview since. :#
    hopkinb said:

Well done to stroppers. She can't do worse than my interview at Oxford, where I tried to blag that I'd read a certain book, unfortunately one of the panel had written the book, and proceeded to tear me a new @rsehole... I managed to turn a good entrance exam result into an outright rejection. Still, I've never bullshitted in an interview since. :#

Oopsie :)

Hopefully she was being too hard on herself about the first one, but having a tearful teenager with an hour to get her into the right mindset for the next 2 rounds was a bit tricky. Thankfully she came out smiling from those two and she should be in with a shout.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,069
    Good resilience. Enjoy the well earned takeaway, and fingers crossed for an offer.
    hopkinb said:

Good resilience. Enjoy the well earned takeaway, and fingers crossed for an offer.

Thanks H3. Just loosened the belt a notch and am about to open a new gin bottle :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    hopkinb said:

Similar: Went for a RAF interview to be an engineer near Aberystwyth after passing the initial aptitude, intelligence and practical tests.
    Panel was made up of 3; 1 sympathetic, 1 on the fence and 1 downright hostile.
    I got in a complete tizzy when asked about a 2 stroke engine I had put back together*.

*With the help of my dad. That bit I left out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!