Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Sodden Saturday again

Morning. Work, CBA to swim to work so in car again. Eldest crawled in from night out as I left for work. Surprised me he was still sober. Last shift so taking it easy, enjoy the rain again folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,046
    Long run along the Shropshire way to do the park run with the family.

Then see some friends and pub time
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I think saturated Saturday would be better, throwing it down here I have just seen 23 flood warnings for Lincolnshire
    With wet roads full of fallen leaves ,and farmers making sure they are muddy it will be the rollers today
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,587
    'Ning
    Forecast is looking better for tomorrow....
    Nothing planned for today and will be giving parkswim a miss.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Looks pretty gloomy in the sub-tropical South East London 'burbs. Busy doing a bit of online stalking to get some info on the uni academic types who'll be interviewing Stropteen in a couple of weeks time so the weather doesn't really matter just now.

May go for a little drive later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pissing down here so turbo on cards this morning then watch Sarries v Ospreys on telly as it's free to view for a change.

Shite weather, still only another 4 months of this to go...
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,652 Lives Here
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Coffee next before heading into Kingston town with the EPO. Going to see the old dear later, she’s made tiramisu which is always a good thing.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Morning, "joyful" chat this morning with the conspiracy loving mother while being deafened by a TV she cant hear.
    Anyway battery changing to do while its not raining just yet. Off to the LBS later to offer the car to help donkey supplies for tomorrow.
    Forgot snagged a nice waterproof case in the week from a potential supplier visit (bought at a discount). Get to have some fun sorting my tools from my old case into it an making them tidy.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,953
    Thought I would for a quick jaunt between early morning rain and next belt due well, now, which came earlier of course... On my usual single track cut through the woods when, what's all this, it's The Hunt. Definitely not chasing foxes, no no. Dogs everywhere, loads of horses walking towards me filling the road, must have been 50+ of them, riders with team colours, or non-colours, of sombre tweed jackets.

Then The Followers. Amazing how big f off 4x4s are unable to risk getting themselves a little bit muddy.

If only I had been packing. Could have cleaned up the gene pool a bit. 🧐
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,652 Lives Here
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074

Ordered a sofa, ouch.

Is it uncomfortable? Or just ruinously expensive?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,705
    Probably both. Get a bean bag comfortable in both ways.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

Ordered a sofa, ouch.

I bet that wasn't your decision...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    No man needs a sofa, Pub’s have chairs
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,705
    Stevo_666 said:

Busy doing a bit of online stalking to get some info on the uni academic types who'll be interviewing Stropteen....

Need some help? :)
    step83 said:

...to help donkey supplies for tomorrow.

Is that a metaphor?

Rain...some chores...bit dull...some flapjacks...some cauliflower cheese with 'Am...some muppetry from the muppets.

Not a lot else really.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    Yeah got a place in escape from Meriden!
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Busy doing a bit of online stalking to get some info on the uni academic types who'll be interviewing Stropteen....

Easy one this, unlike Mr. Scammer. Although I did get shot of Mr. Bullshitter88 recently.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,705
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Easy one this, unlike Mr. Scammer. Although I did get shot of Mr. Bullshitter88 recently.
    Was that down to you?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Was that down to you?
    Quite possibly. I did out him as a grade A Walter Mitty a couple of times: by the end, even the liberal left Whingerati had turned against him despite him making out he fitted into the Cake Stop right on political mould.
  • Who was Mr Scammer then?

Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS

Who was Mr Scammer then?

Vtech. Also a massive Walter Mitty.
  • Oh yeah him. Quel Tosseur he was.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS