Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

It's Friday slackers and sleepy heads.

Morning sleepy heads. Work !! Arghh. Damp start and not pedalling today as dads taxi duties await later. Enjoy your lie in folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, already soaked walking Tigger, at least it’s a bit milder
    If the rain stops might just fit a ride in if not I will go to the local for a couple of pints
    Enjoy Friday
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    'ning

back to soggy, not even winter yet and i've already had more than enough of this weather, currently the view from gmc towers shows a bit of blue sky, but dark clouds surround it,

cafe, bit of gmc-ing, wfh/bail
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    Morning
    Wet here, the rain has stopped for a bit though. Off to a pow wow in a bit, hopefully it will be useful.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,056
    Fun bike was fun last night, pub visit after was also fun :)

Today is work meh with no significant pub yeah as the eldest is starting his elongated birthday celebrations with a sleep over
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Went to some fancy work related drinks on Wednesday night, turned up to meet my boss yesterday morning an hour late and still pissed. He had to pull over so I could vomit in a layby at one point. Luckily he took the p1ss out of me nonstop rather than firing me... I received an email from a guy to meet up for food at some point, not sure if I'm still being groomed or it's genuinely work stuff. I'm not cut out for this.

Today will be full of frantically pushing things off my desk before another week off
  • If anyone finds a kick up the censored please can they send it my way? I could really do with one.

Standard early Friday finish at 2 today than home to help MrsHD with some of her work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    haydenm said:

He had to pull over so I could vomit in a layby at one point. Luckily he took the p1ss out of me nonstop rather than firing me...

:#:#:#

• haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    hopkinb said:

haydenm said:

He had to pull over so I could vomit in a layby at one point. Luckily he took the p1ss out of me nonstop rather than firing me...

:#:#:#

It's fine, I'd say there was almost 0% risk of being fired by him in reality. We'd been having a laugh about hung over I was going to be the day before, and he's seen me like that before. In a normal company it probably wouldn't look great...
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,968
    WFH. Turbo at lunch. Got a headache.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • Cracker of a day, but didn't really take advantage. Had to go to chiropractor in town this morning. Tiler is in finishing up downstairs, again tomorrow. Spent the rest of the afternoon fettling bikes, not that they'll get much use I expect.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    haydenm said:

Went to some fancy work related drinks on Wednesday night, turned up to meet my boss yesterday morning an hour late and still pissed. He had to pull over so I could vomit in a layby at one point. Luckily he took the p1ss out of me nonstop rather than firing me... I received an email from a guy to meet up for food at some point, not sure if I'm still being groomed or it's genuinely work stuff. I'm not cut out for this.

Today will be full of frantically pushing things off my desk before another week off

Depends on the style of grooming surely.

Morning, odd weather again was sunny then about half way to work it rained while being sunny then stopped an turned cloudy. Off next week so just tidying up really helping at the LBS Sunday as its the christmas market so lots of coffee making expected. I cant bake to save my life.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Slow morning at the office on account of being tired after last night's free drink.

Now waiting for my annual company medical so that's most of the afternoon written off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Gym class was rubbish, and too hot.
    Tesla's attempt at a truckla had brightenened up the day though :)
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,721
    You mean back to future trukula, plug ugly to boot as well.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    edited November 2019
    Maybe he should've used the delorean shape and just left the back open to make a pickup? Would've looked better.
    The truckla truckla looks better, even though it's daft.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,737

That ^ looks censored .

Cafe, coffee, sticks. In no particular order.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Uglier than a hatful of @r$eh0le$ as they say...
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
    On way back from a few beers with old friends. Nice. Probably a hellish weekend of trying to clean a messy house.
    But back to improved domesticity no?
    Nah, we a mess for a while. Decorator. Snagging. Finalising electrics. We are good but bad.
  • hopkinb said:

Nah, we a mess for a while. Decorator. Snagging. Finalising electrics. We are good but bad.

WTF is “snagging”?
    'Snagging' - fixing little gripes and problems called 'snags'.
    Suffice to say, I only had about half a dozen snags after PPP. Which I am quite proud of.

I watched a documentary about new builds. I think it was either a Wimpy or a Barratt home but a customer had 172 'snags' which she (the new owner) had reported and was struggling to get them all fixed.
    Sums up build quality in the UK.

hopkinb said:

WTF is “snagging”?
    A great opportunity for typos, especially when writing a snagging list.
    What if you are like me and the 'snagging list' is anything with a pulse?
    I wouldn't have enough paper.