Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Fun Thursday

Morning All. Work, then play later at local trail centre and then a few beers.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold in that east wind dog walked , Taking my mum shopping later that should be interesting , probably a bike ride this afternoon if we get her shopping done
    Have a good day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,046
    Oxo you win so far.

WFH, looks like a day on the phone :(

Later might be the fun bike if I can be bothered to charge the lights
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Oxo continues to win, car still needs a new battery, its in the car, just I dont think behind the drivers seat will help much. Meh if it dies least I don't have to go far for a new one!

Grey misty and damp here. no excel shenanigans today I'm off to look at new flight cases for some of our kit, plus snag one for myself for a tool case. perks etc.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Yep, Oxo still in the lead.

Out for dinner with Stevo later - well we are attending the same event.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,774
    'ning

a grey and nippy day, cheered myself up with much coffee, a mince pie and the subjugation to my will of various foreign tentacles of gmc

now considering more coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,046
    hopkinb said:

Hopkinb is in last place :)
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 935
    I can't beat Oxo either. Early start in order to go to the gym before work which never happened. A day of incessant faffage looks likely but out with some consultants/contractors for a few beers after work so hopefully it will improve later.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Days livened up, got some heavily doctored mince pies, as in someones put a load of whiskey in them, the tin they are in smells very strongly of alcohol. This can only be a good thing.
    sungod said:

... a mince pie...

Need to get myself to the shops and buy some. I see M&S version came out top in a spurious "taste test" in the paper this morning. I'm imagining that Mrs S slaves over a hot oven, and you have some home made delight? Or Fortnums at the very least? ;)

• Late start this morning because I was wide awake at 4am staring at the ceiling.
    Might go to the gym later depending on what other people decide is happening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

Hopkinb is in last place :)
    Hoppy won the top prize in the Xmas raffle. Second prize is 2 dinners out with me...

Free food and drink at a decent restaurant can never be a bad thing. So not a bad Thursday for that reason. Currently looking at the tax bits of the Labour party manifesto and considering what to tell the board - apart from GTFO...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 935
    This evenings drinks are looking shaky as people drop out. That's not the turn I wanted the day to take.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,774
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

... a mince pie...

Need to get myself to the shops and buy some. I see M&S version came out top in a spurious "taste test" in the paper this morning. I'm imagining that Mrs S slaves over a hot oven, and you have some home made delight? Or Fortnums at the very least? ;)

mrs s, hot oven, pftt!

cafe mince pies fresh baked, mmm, i've had an m&s one they're wider than the typical mince pie, it was pretty good, i suspect baked on-site
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    Bl00dy babysitter cancelled, so I'm at home with the kids instead of being wined and dined for free....
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,706
    Evening slackers. Local CX ride completed, tad damp and muddy. Late start this morning for a change, May do an early one tomorrow.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    hopkinb said:

Bl00dy babysitter cancelled, so I'm at home with the kids instead of being wined and dined for free....

Wondered where you'd got to. Wine and food was quite good actually :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,709
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Wondered where you'd got to. Wine and food was quite good actually :)
    You can't blame him for backing out of a date with you!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!