Furkit Thursday

Morning All. Wet and minging. CBA to do a lot, last day at work. May need water wings on way home later. Enjoy
Moda Bolero wet bike.
Giant Anthem SX
Giant TCX CX bike
Defy Adv Pro 2 shiny nice bike.
Boardman comp hardtail. Not so little oxo,s

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 6,984
    Morning, minging is not the word I used, even the dog did want to go out earlier
  • darkhairedlorddarkhairedlord Posts: 4,556
    Morning brethren. On the bus as we have a graduation ceremony this afternoon.
    More importantly, I think the new forum has omitted the naughty word filter. I will raise you a censored .
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 17,634
    Meh, all day meeting with more politics than parliament. Circuit training later and organising Llandegla for early Saturday morning :)
  • pinnopinno Posts: 37,172
    Where is everybody?

Murky here. Still waiting on post.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda
    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • darkhairedlorddarkhairedlord Posts: 4,556
    my "censored " got editted to 20p for the swearbox...... "censored " is a bird, as in blue censored . tits everywhere in the summer down here on the beach...
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,369
    pinno said:

Where is everybody?

Murky here. Still waiting on post.

Laters.

Juts lurking, been busy most of the morning anyway.

Noticed some weird emails telling me my account had been hacked an to login using some link, got bored after seeing about 40 of them.
    Anyway doing important non important things while making them look important.
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 389

my "20p for the swearbox" got editted to 20p for the swearbox...... "20p for the swearbox" is a bird, as in blue 20p for the swearbox. tits everywhere in the summer down here on the beach...

Interesting that tits didn't get amended to "more than one 20p for the swearbox"
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
    longshot said:

my "20p for the swearbox" got editted to 20p for the swearbox...... "20p for the swearbox" is a bird, as in blue 20p for the swearbox. tits everywhere in the summer down here on the beach...

Interesting that tits didn't get amended to "more than one 20p for the swearbox"
    Should/Would pluralisation incur a greater fine?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,217
    Afternoon peeps.

I've joined a mentoring programme to help boost womens' careers and met my new mentee this morning. Quite good actually, persuaded her to apply for an internal vacancy that she hadn't felt confident enough to apply for - and got a free coffee and croissant on expenses out of it. Onwards to more menting.

Apart from that, good ride in despite a spot of general moistness.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 21,986 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fixing other peoples' mistakes. Trip to the NEC tomorrow to see a few people I want to see and a few more people I really don't want to see but should.
    I think a word in Stevo's post is missing the letters 'al'.
    Running the bar at the scouts fireworks do tonight, might let some others buy some of the beer as well.
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 389
    step83 said:

longshot said:

Should/Would pluralisation incur a greater fine?
    Good question. It's a bit like getting caught speeding by consequential cameras on the same stretch of road. One offence or two? (I know it was tested in court but can't remember the outcome).
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon peeps.

I've joined a mentoring programme to help boost womens' careers....

You just want in to their knickers.

W - Wiggle Honda
    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon peeps.

I think aspersions as to his choice of attire are best left unmentioned.
    step83 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon peeps.

I think aspersions as to his choice of attire are best left unmentioned.
    What's the plural of fetish?
    W - Wiggle Honda
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon peeps.

Win-win situation? :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    And good news - junior got an interview at Scouserpool Uni. One down, 3 to go...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Stevo_666 said:

And good news - junior got an interview at Scouserpool Uni. One down, 3 to go...

Not scouse land Uni surely?
    W - Wiggle Honda
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not scouse land Uni surely?
    The very one. There are only 8 unis in the UK that do the course. Liverpool is a good 'un apparently.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

But but but... she might pick up the local 'twang'.
    W - Wiggle Honda
    pinno said:

But but but... she might pick up the local 'twang'.

Funnily enough, she didn't apply to Edinburgh and Glasgae because she wasn't keen on the accents.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• oxomanoxoman Posts: 6,560
    She better not take a car up there then, you know what them scousers are like.
    Moda Bolero wet bike.
    Giant Anthem SX
    Giant TCX CX bike
    Defy Adv Pro 2 shiny nice bike.
    Boardman comp hardtail. Not so little oxo,s
    oxoman said:

She better not take a car up there then, you know what them scousers are like.

I've heard they employ Scousers as F1 pit crew as they can have the wheels off a car in 2 seconds flat.

She won't be taking her car to uni until she gets to the clinical years which are almost all out of town on the course she's applying for (vet).
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

What's wrong with the Edinburgh accent?!
    W - Wiggle Honda
    pinno said:

What's wrong with the Edinburgh accent?!

I'm not bothered, but she finds sweaty accents annoying.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,159
    Edinburgh's posh isn't it? Scotlandwise I've only ever been to st Andrew's, kirkcaldy, kippford and dalbeattie. One of those places was nice.
    hopkinb said:

Edinburgh's posh isn't it? Scotlandwise I've only ever been to st Andrew's, kirkcaldy, kippford and dalbeattie. One of those places was nice.

Relatively. But it's a bit late now as the UCAS application deadline has passed and she hasn't applied for either of the sweaty vet schools.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

edited 9 November
    [insert rolling eyes icon]

That's like "Englandwise, i've only ever been to Luton, Leicester, Dagenham* and Windsor".

Go north mate. Get on the Dunoon ferry and head up. Take in the Western Highlands, The Western Isles, take the Malaig Ferry, go to the Kyle of Lochalsh. Oban, (go past Loch Maree), Ullapool, Inverness, back through the Cairngorms, take a coffee in Kingussie, go down the A9, take a detour through Braemar and the Spittal of Glenshee, Pitlochry, take a cycle ride over Schiehallion via the The Queens View over Loch Tummel, drive back through Aberfeldy, 'Rest and be thankful', the Trossachs (especially in Winter)... Scotland is stunning. Don't bother with the Central Belt - Galloway is 'Bonnie'. Galloway Forest Park is huge and a bio-sphere, the Borders are lovely around Thornhill, Moffat, the lead hills, St Mary's Loch, Kielder Forest, etc.

If you haven't been to the highlands of Scotland, then you are missing out on a jewel in this nation. When you wander over the top of Rannoch Moor and take in the scenery, the wilderness, it's hard to believe places like... Bromley exist on the same Island.

Pinno's pop up tourist board, contact us for travel advice, sheep selection, Wellington boots and where to get a good pint of heavy (80 shilling).
    W - Wiggle Honda
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,159
    Don't get me wrong, i would love to go to the highlands, I've just never been. One day, with my hiking boots.
    pinno said:

[insert rolling eyes icon]

That's like "Englandwise, i've only ever been to Luton, Leicester, Dagenham* and Windsor".

Go north mate. Get on the Dunoon ferry and head up. Take in the Western Highlands, The Western Isles, take the Malaig Ferry, go to the Kyle of Lochalsh. Oban, (go past Loch Maree), Ullapool, Inverness, back through the Cairngorms, take a coffee in Kingussie, go down the A9, take a detour through Braemar and the Spittal of Glenshee, Pitlochry, take a cycle ride over Schiehallion via the The Queens View over Loch Tummel, drive back through Aberfeldy, 'Rest and be thankful', the Trossachs (especially in Winter)... Scotland is stunning. Don't bother with the Central Belt - Galloway is 'Bonnie'. Galloway Forest Park is huge and a bio-sphere, the Borders are lovely around Thornhill, Moffat, the lead hills, St Mary's Loch, Kielder Forest, etc.

If you haven't been to the highlands of Scotland, then you are missing out on a jewel in this nation. When you wander over the top of Rannoch Moor and take in the scenery, the wilderness, it's hard to believe places like... Bromley exist on the same Island.

Pinno's pop up tourist board, contact us for travel advice, sheep selection, Wellington boots and where to get a good pint of heavy (80 shilling).

I've been a few times - admittedly a while back. Favourite was the Isle of Skye.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• veronese68veronese68 Posts: 21,986 Lives Here
    I’ve not seen much of Sweatland either, should rectify that before I need a passport to go.
    Good luck with the UCAS malarkey, ours has finished her bit but is waiting on the school to write her bit as her tutor is off indefinitely. Bit irritating. Accents shouldn’t be a problem, at least I hope not with the lad being in Brum :D