Sram Rival Shifters / Apex Mech Compatibility Question

My mechanically incompetent & maintenance-averse mate has seen fit to snap his mech hanger & mangle the mech in unclear circumstances. Like the mug I plainly am, I've volunteered to sort it for him.

So - does anyone know if a current Sram Apex mech will work with his 10-speed Rival shifters? I know the current 11sp Rival mech's compatible but looking to keep cost of parts low.

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited November 2019
    Should work fine, I have Rival shifters and Apex mix on one of my bikes and it rarely needs any tinkering.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    SRAM components are cross compatible. It makes no difference whether the derailleurs are badged as 10 or 11 speed, they work to whatever the shifter is. An Apex 10 speed rear will work as 11 speed with Red 11 speed shifters etc etc.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Thanks for the responses - thought the mix of parts would probably be OK, so it's good to get that confirmed.

Should be able to sort it for the cost of a mech, hanger & cable. Although considering the state of the brakes, I'm amazed he's not dead. Should probably have a look at those too...