Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Minging Monday

Morning, work, wet and up to the neck in the proverbial. Soaked on the bimble in.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• Nice enough da y here. Dog walked, finished prep of downstairs for tomorrow when new floor coverings go in, finally! Finished clean up around gum tree in paddock, so some firewood collected for next winter. Now contemplating whether I should have a night off the wine... odds are low.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • Morning. Wet here again after a nice day yesterday.
    Dentist followed by a surf is on the cards.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,680 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Blue sky but misty as I wobbled in, a few deer were looming out of the mist so had to keep the speed down. That's my excuse but knee is still being rubbish so I couldn't press on anyway. Speed on the roads was limited by all the traffic I had to pass.
    The big boss is over from the states this week so have to try and behave myself. Best not put my joke about wanking on the board then. A busy day ahead I suspect, coffee may help.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,605
    Morning
    Overslept, lots of traffic grr. But seem to have missed the rain and it's a lovely morning...for now anyway.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Morning, nice day here, hopefully going to get out on the bike later on in the dark. Need to get the trail bike sorted for Italy and find a suitable bike bag. Nothing exciting going on here.
  • Should have been on the turbo at 6.30am, stayed in bed.

Maybe I'll make amends later
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Nice enough, but there's that rainwater/diesel/leafmulch mix on the roads. Hate that stuff.
    Spent last evening choosing sofas online. Tricky business. I see one I like, and oh, let's buy that - it's nice. Nope, we have to look at every sofa on the internet. I have a low boredom threshhold at the best of times. :|
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    I'd need to see them in the shop to be honest, we are half looking at sofas as we have two huge old ones which make the room feel tiny.

Spent most of yesterday laying new flooring and we are on a bit of a de-clutter
    haydenm said:

I'd need to see them in the shop to be honest,

Did that too yesterday. A lot of places are online only these days.

• hopkinb said:

haydenm said:

I'd need to see them in the shop to be honest,

Did that too yesterday. A lot of places are online only these days.

Sofa is one thing I’d only ever buy after trying in a shop.... we’ve a few here which look faaaaaaaabulous but fark me they are uncomfortable after 10 minutes watching telly.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    morning, another dreadful start to the day , fog, drizzle etc
    just had another ride on the trainer, I could get used to it, no wind, rain , traffic , no censored that I prefer the outdoors
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,789
    Find some old whisky crates and chuck a cushion on top. It's that shabby and chic thing innit.
    Strap a bottle of fairy liquid upside down on the underside of saddle to counteract the diesel?

Meh, lots of sorting today and hopefully Porker #1 parts will arrive by snail mail.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Morning from the wonders of work (woo) pedalled in on silly orange bike because I can.
    While I've been away the managers have been at play, now seems we have four managers to "control" nine staff. so should make for some messy management diagrams.

More faff today stereo on the car decided to become a mono, likely a duff cable somewhere so that'll be fun to fix ill do it the lazy way with a multi meter Ohm load vs infinite ohms. Still faff.
    Is it Friday yet?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,831
    Actually it was quite nice out this morning - roads were wet but skies had cleared and it was nice 'n' fresh for the ride in. Not a bad day so far and I survived my half year board presentation last week so onwards to the second half...

@Hoppy - just let her choose. It's easier.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,605
    Quite nice here. Went for a run in the sunshine just to mess up my knee and foot a bit more, and still hasn't cleared my snotty head/sinuses.
    I think I'm now stuck in a webex for the rest of the day. It was supposed to start at 10 but nobody turned up because the trains weren't running or something.

Should have been on the turbo at 6.30am, stayed in bed

6:30pm sounds like a better idea. I might do the same, or maybe get the rollolololers out.

• Absolutely pumping surf this afternoon, completely knackered now so will recover with beer and food. Nice.
    Right, who's messed round with the forum again. Looked bad before.
  • awaveyawavey Posts: 2,368
    first ride in about 3 weeks, it was painful riding it though I didnt think I was pushing too hard albeit still shaking off some of the office lurgy, but it feels even more painful now, not so much DOMS as IOMS.
    awavey said:

...DOMS...IOMS.

?

(You're more hip than me)

step83 said:

More faff today stereo on the car decided to become a mono, likely a duff cable somewhere so that'll be fun to fix ill do it the lazy way with a multi meter Ohm load vs infinite ohms. Still faff.
    Is it Friday yet?

Jump the speaker spades and check for continuity from the connector block?

Instant onset muscle soreness? Nice level of unfitness!

Youths that don't have the power of the middle aged gut to propel them through the dirty soup of London's November air should not try and outsprint me. I really should let them go, but I can't, with their shiny bikes, clean kit and full heads of hair. They need a lesson in leg speed. I wish I had a rear camera to record them trying to latch on.
    hopkinb said:

Youths that don't have the power of the middle aged gut to propel them through the dirty soup of London's November air should not try and outsprint me. I really should let them go, but I can't, with their shiny bikes, clean kit and full heads of hair. They need a lesson in leg speed. I wish I had a rear camera to record them trying to latch on.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You carry on contracting Emphysema and hydrocarbon poisoning and see how fast you are then.
    (and come up here and do some proper hills).

edited November 2019
    Oh, some time ago, they studied air quality before, during and after a well frequented TT (50+ riders) somewhere in deepest, darkest Cambridgeshire along some soul less section of Dual Carriageway.
    They found that the air quality improved during the TT. The conclusion was that the cyclists were acting like biological filters.
    Eeeeeek.
    Seen as there's 742,000 of you (lot of nutters) in London, the air quality must be the finest :D
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Is it Friday yet?

Probably easier that, not done it forgot how dark it gets an just how quick, probably corrosion got in. will have to redo an get some covers.
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You carry on contracting Emphysema and hydrocarbon poisoning and see how fast you are then.
    (and come up here and do some proper hills).

I'm deceptively not that slow up hills though I struggle above 15% unless a super low gear is available. Obviously I would be very slow up a mountain, what with the tonnage and all.
    Race you to the lights Pinno?
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Race you to the lights Pinno?

Okay. I would say 'race you to the pub' but I would definitely lose.

edited November 2019
    step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Is it Friday yet?

Probably easier that, not done it forgot how dark it gets an just how quick, probably corrosion got in. will have to redo an get some covers.
    Haven't you got an amp in the boot IIRC?

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,082
    Work meh covers today perfectly
    tlw1 said:

Work meh covers today perfectly

All downhill since Kili?!