Five Ten Freerider - size advise

I like to get a pair Five Ten Freerider, but no store in my area, so need to buy online. Looking at size charts from different websites it can be anything from US 12-15 (ok exaggerated), but my experience with buying shoes online isn't very good.

Adidas US (click and then click 'Size Guide') has a good chart, but other websites have other charts.

Anyway, my heel to toe is 30cm or 11.8" that is US 13.5 / UK 13 / EU 48 2/3

I wonder if any other big foot here can let me know their feet size, what Five Ten size they have, and how does it fit.

Would be a great help for me.

Comments

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    I've recently bought freerider dlx well had a couple of months and I went up half a size and bought 11.5 fits great.

I've also got two pairs of Adidas terrex flat pedal shoes (protect boots and trailcross trainers) and had to get half size bigger because I've a wide foot.

11 was a little tight across my foot.

Its strange because my other five tens I do have some vxi impacts as well and those in a 11.5 my foot is a little loose, compared with the freeriders and Adidas terrex which feel more fitted across the foot and toe area.

Hope you can try them in a shop to avoid having to send a pair back if you order online.
  • Thanks for the reply. I had to lookup the Adidas terrex, they are hiking shoes, right? Do they have also a stiff sole? Currently I use some old Asics jogging shoes and the sole got really damaged by the MTB pedals.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Those other shoes I have are the Adidas terrex trail cross protect boots and trailcross sl trainers.

Both use the five ten stealth sole and are cycling specific.

In total I have 4 pairs of flat pedal shoes, bought in sale offers mostly so keep a look out.

I've found Adidas shoes to be narrower fit across the foot and so its recommended to go up half a size. especially for me with a wider foot.

If the soles on the shoes aren't stiff then yes they will rip apart ordinary trainers with the pins.