How to re-activate your existing BikeRadar forum account

oli_adminoli_admin Posts: 60
We are pleased to announce that the BikeRadar forum has migrated to a new platform. We’re really excited about this, and can’t wait to hear what you think about all the new and improved features.

As part of the migration, existing users are required to set a new password for their forum account. Please follow the steps below:

- Go to https://www.bikeradar.com/signin
- Click on 'Forgotten your password?'
- Enter your registered email address

You should receive an email containing a link to follow in order to set your new password.
For any additional assistance, contact: forumhelp(at)bikeradar.com

• jimmythecuckoojimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,376
    It's taken a while but I am in.
  • blazing_saddlesblazing_saddles Posts: 13,558
    Me too. Bit of a faff.
    I was rather fond of that old password too.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 2,116
    I re-set my password this morning and have just had an email telling me to re-set my password. Does this mean I need to do it again?!
  • George_ScottGeorge_Scott Posts: 19 Editor
    mrb123 said:

I re-set my password this morning and have just had an email telling me to re-set my password. Does this mean I need to do it again?!

No, you do not need to reset your password again.
  • Webboo2Webboo2 Posts: 1
    Spent hours trying to log or trying to reset password then suddenly it lets me in.
  • The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,564
    You could have told us about this earlier, I've been unable to use the forums for the last week! Could log in but not post.
  • Jack_LukeJack_Luke Posts: 8 Assistant Editor
    netbook said:

So my old account was registered with a long since defunct email address. How do I therefore recover my old account?
    I'd quite like to know what threads and posts I've read and what I haven't.

If you send an email to [email protected] I will be able to update your old account with your new email.
    Assistant Editor for BikeRadar.com. Keep up to date with my latest work here.
  • sampangolinsampangolin Posts: 2
    edited 1 November
    Hello. My old account name was pangolin and I had several thousand posts. My "new" one is sampangolin and I have 10 posts. Any ideas?

edit: when I posted a moment ago on another thread it said I had 9 posts, so I thought this would be number 10. Now it says I have 2 posts. What gives?
    sam
  • pangolinpangolin Posts: 1,623
    edited 1 November
    OK ignore above - my real account is under a different email it seems. It would be really useful if you could
    • continue to login
    • reset your password
    using your username like we always have in the past, instead of trying to guess what email it related to when you set it up years ago.

Also - editing a list of bullet points is now just straight up html - hahahaha! (and the preview looks different to what ends up being posted)
    Genesis Croix de Fer
    Cube Attain
  • rwooferrwoofer Posts: 61
    Yep I had the same problem that I only recorded my username and then spent an age figuring out what email was attached to it. So far find the new forum far more cumbersome to navigate. You used to be able to go directly to the sub-forum you were interested in. Now you have to go to Road or MTB first, before getting to the sub-forum. Why is it so few upgrades are upgrades????

What was broken with the old forum?
  • mike1-2mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Not too keen on my new username, especially with the lack of capitalisation and numbers at the end. For reference my old username was ‘Mike’ who’s stolen it?
  • Changed everything. Seemed easier..
  • DeVlaeminckDeVlaeminck Posts: 5,256
    Testing
    Holbrook Sports FC Women - sign for us
  • marykamaryka Posts: 722
    edited 5 November
    How to reactivate all forum notifications? I appear to have none and can't see how to re-create them.

Edit: to be clear, I mean how to set up email notifications for new posts to various sub-forums.
    How to reactivate all forum notifications? I appear to have none and can't see how to re-create them.
  • david7mdavid7m Posts: 555
    maryka said:

Edit: to be clear, I mean how to set up email notifications for new posts to various sub-forums.

maryka said:

Three bars top right, press your username, edit profile on the right (drop down under bust), notifications, then tick the ones you need.
    Doubt it will reignite previous notifications, but definitely works with new.
    david7m said:

maryka said:

maryka said:

Three bars top right, press your username, edit profile on the right (drop down under bust), notifications, then tick the ones you need.
    Thanks, I assume you mean on a phone, not a desktop? Will take a look. Can't see how to do it from Firefox/Windows desktop though.
    maryka said:

david7m said:

maryka said:

maryka said:

Thanks, I assume you mean on a phone, not a desktop? Will take a look. Can't see how to do it from Firefox/Windows desktop though.
    Yes, I'm on a Samsung A8.
    I would imagine it's the same on desktop, you must need to find edit profile and notifications.
    Oh I see what you mean on the desktop and yes I can do that for specific types of notifications. But I meant setting up a preference to be notified of new topics on specific forums. "Follow this forum" or the like. Seems to be gone.
    maryka said:

Oh I see what you mean on the desktop and yes I can do that for specific types of notifications. But I meant setting up a preference to be notified of new topics on specific forums. "Follow this forum" or the like. Seems to be gone.

Ah! I've always viewed by recent posts and ignored the sub forum. Not sure how or if it can be done.
  • longylongy Posts: 22
    Hi. Why has my username changed? Can it be amended back to Longshot please? I'm pretty sure the email address I'm using was linked to that forum identity.
  • oli_adminoli_admin Posts: 60
    longy said:

Hi. Why has my username changed? Can it be amended back to Longshot please? I'm pretty sure the email address I'm using was linked to that forum identity.

I've made that request, it will be changed for you ASAP
  • longylongy Posts: 22
    oli_admin said:

longy said:

I've made that request, it will be changed for you ASAP
    Thank you
  • I had to.create a new account in the end. Previous posts lost thats jo problem I suppose.
  • carl_pcarl_p Posts: 975
    So I've somehow managed to get a new username of carl_p-2. How can I change it back to just Carl_P?
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • new here.........
  • imposter2.0imposter2.0 Posts: 10,666

new here.........

That doesn't look suspect at all.