Forum home BikeRadar team Discuss the website with the team

The BikeRadar forum is migrating to a new platform

oli_admin*oli_admin* Posts: 102
We are pleased to announce that the BikeRadar forum will soon be migrating to a new platform.

We’re really excited about this, and can’t wait to hear what you think about all the new and improved features. Some of the highlights of the upgraded forum are:

*Improved experience for mobile users
*You will now be able to switch between a rich or a simple text editing view
*Reduced scrolling and blank space
*You will be able to upload images quickly and easily
*An improved search function
*Posts can be saved as drafts

We are aiming to make this migration as seamless as possible, but there will be some downtime associated with the migration.

Please be aware the forum will be in read-only mode from the afternoon of Monday 28 October. Forum threads and posts will remain accessible but new posts or threads will be temporarily restricted.

Existing forum users will soon be prompted to reset their passwords, so please watch out for an email explaining how to do this.

We are planning to go live with the new forum on Thursday 31 October.

Thank you,

Forum Admin

• MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    can ypu please post how to reset passwords here please for those of us who have been here for years and have switched email addresses?

thank you.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • can ypu please post how to reset passwords here please for those of us who have been here for years and have switched email addresses?

thank you.

Same problem MF as mine was set up on a works email where I no longer work.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    can ypu please post how to reset passwords here please for those of us who have been here for years and have switched email addresses?

thank you.

alternatively, before the shutdown, can admin post up how to change email address in User profile - am in there now but can't see where that is.

thank you.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • can ypu please post how to reset passwords here please for those of us who have been here for years and have switched email addresses?

thank you.

alternatively, before the shutdown, can admin post up how to change email address in User profile - am in there now but can't see where that is.

thank you.

"Edit Account Settings"
  • jdee84jdee84 Posts: 233

thank you.

thank you.

User control panel at the top beside private messages button.

Profile tab - second one over on user control panel

Edit account settings second one down on that menu
  • jrabjrab Posts: 99
    edited November 2019
    jdee84 said:

Matthewfalle wrote:

Wayne Plunger wrote:

Matthewfalle wrote:

thank you.

thank you.

User control panel at the top beside private messages button.

Profile tab - second one over on user control panel

Edit account settings second one down on that menu

Does that apply to the new forum also? I'm in the "Edit Profile" section and can't see any way to change an email address - it doesn't seem to follow the description you mention, can't see an "Account Settings" option within the profile?

Cheers
    Richard.
This discussion has been closed.