BB Right Cervelo R3

mickyj
mickyj Posts: 26
edited September 2019 in Workshop
After four years and probably 8,000 mainly dry miles my Cervelo R3 (the black and blue colour scheme) has started to creak from the bottom bracket. The bike has the Rotor cranks that were fitted OEM. Do any forum dwellers have suggestions based on first hand experience for a replacement BBRight bottom bracket? I think the current BB is Rotor. Many thanks.

Comments

• I had the same model R3 for about three years, replaced the BB with a C-Bear one about a year in, never had any problems with it creaking, even did the RAB on it in 2017 (the wet year), sold the bike to a friend last year, as far as I know it’s still going strong . . .
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • I had the same model R3 for about three years, replaced the BB with a C-Bear one about a year in, never had any problems with it creaking, even did the RAB on it in 2017 (the wet year), sold the bike to a friend last year, as far as I know it’s still going strong . . .
    Many thanks.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Have a look at this guy's site. Aerospace engineer specializing in press fit BBs
    https://www.hambini.com/
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Another vote for Hambini.
    His YouTube content is also brilliant (he has a video on Cervelo BBright too)
  • Dannbodge wrote:
    Another vote for Hambini.
    His YouTube content is also brilliant (he has a video on Cervelo BBright too)
    Very interesting watch. He is scathing about Cervelo’s manufacturing tolerances.
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I've a Hambini BB on my Roubaix and very pleased with it. He's extremely helpful and will answer any questions you may have before/after buying/fitting the BB.