Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Bank Holiday Monday madness.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,719
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
Moaning All. Another hot day at work. Bimbled in on bike. Hopefully easy day as no Muppets from above in to fuxx things up. Enjoy the holiday traffic folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, clear skies as the sun rises , early ride before it gets to hot, travel to work later
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    'ning

ride in the surprise bank hols heat, cafes, laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,588
    Off for a potter around llandegla later. Didn't fancy going further afield due to bh traffic - driving into other people seems to be a new sport this weekend.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,050
    Misty here in bishops castle, which is a pain as the tent will be damp

Cycle back and then do a few jobs, then the local
    TLW1 wrote:

It's meant to be clear and sunny later so you could put the tent up outside the pub to dry it out plus you'll have your own beer tent.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    bit overcast but due to clear up.

just about to do a weights sesh then take all MFs and la famiglia to meet up with some friends and thats it. Then domesticity.

rock 'n'roll

#blissfulunawareness
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,050
    TLW1 wrote:

It's meant to be clear and sunny later so you could put the tent up outside the pub to dry it out plus you'll have your own beer tent.
    Sounds like a plan!
    TLW1 wrote:

It's meant to be clear and sunny later so you could put the tent up outside the pub to dry it out plus you'll have your own beer tent, toilet, drug den and brothel

ftfy - hope thats ok

#fixing

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,724
    edited August 2019
    He's got a point TLW.

Me doing stuff me. Cannot keep up with the grass this year - sun and rain and sun and rain...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,799
    Only just got up - flight delays meant we didn't get home until gone 3am so needed a spot of extra sleep. Today will be unpack, collect hounds and catch up with stuff before the work routine stsrts again tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • gethincerigethinceri Posts: 1,189
    Rhigos a few times this morning, then trying to avoid household chores for the afternoon.
  • bendertherobotbendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    40 done. Stopped for a coffee in the bike cafe. Sat listening to 3 chaps dressed head to to in Castelli saying how censored Rapha were and how much Team Sky hated wearing it because it was really poor quality.

I was wearing Rapha.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,663 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start wasn’t that traditional as it’s a Monday. But I enjoyed it.
    I don’t own any Rapha, but some people really need to get a life. Hopper’s usually head to toe in Castelli, but he’s not a complete censored .
    Now combining odd jobs with lounging.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Afternoon, hot 50 mile ride yesterday, clubbies all seem burnt while I'm fine, go figure.

Saw the Zutons last night wasn't bad much beer consumed so nursing a hangover. Bike cleaning done making a weird clicking noise either the BB or the freehub but can't be bothered today.

censored , you should go out in both next time an annoy them.
  • Afternoon. Just got up as worked last night and will again tonight. Utterly glorious here, hot sun so perfect to sit on a mower and cruise around garden cutting grass.
    Country gone ever so slightly cricket mad it seems.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Only just got up - flight delays meant we didn't get home until gone 3am so needed a spot of extra sleep. Today will be unpack, collect hounds and catch up with stuff before the work routine stsrts again tomorrow.

Did you fly BA?

Good to see some new faces in here - GC, BTR etc except I must put in a complaint in directed to all and sundry; there's a distinct whiff of square pants and not nearly enough sillyness/banter.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,799
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did you fly BA?

Good to see some new faces in here - GC, BTR etc except I must put in a complaint in directed to all and sundry; there's a distinct whiff of square pants and not nearly enough sillyness/banter.
    Nope, got a TUI cattle truck as they had the least anti-social flight times, delays aside.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...the least anti-social flight times...

How more anti-social could they be?!
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,424
    Spent half the day dismantling a metallic mauve mixte Bianchi. No, it's not mine.

Under all the crud it's surprisingly decent quality. Off to get a new BB for it tomorrow so the cranks actually spin instead of crunch their way round, and new tyres and brake blocks manufactured this century may make a difference.

Waiting for a bunch of deliveries this week to finish the current workshop WIP.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
    Llandegla got cancelled. Went for ~50km on the MTB. Picking the steepest routes up the hills wasn't the best idea in what turned out to be quite a warm morning.
    Spent half the day dismantling a metallic mauve mixte Bianchi. No, it's not mine.

Under all the crud it's surprisingly decent quality. Off to get a new BB for it tomorrow so the cranks actually spin instead of crunch their way round, and new tyres and brake blocks manufactured this century may make a difference.
    When you say crud, do you mean the paint? :mrgreen:
    Step83 wrote:
    Bike cleaning done making a weird clicking noise either the BB or the freehub but can't be bothered today.

you better not have stuffed my bicycle up .....

#potentialacutesadness

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Step83 wrote:
    Bike cleaning done making a weird clicking noise either the BB or the freehub but can't be bothered today.

#potentialacutesadness

I think its the freehub, rode fine the other week, swapped for the deep rims an its clunky
    Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

#potentialacutesadness

I think its the freehub, rode fine the other week, swapped for the deep rims an its clunky

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

i'm on my way over.

#wheelspinoutofthedriveway

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Calm down Doris, probably the freehubs ruined, worst case I'll re lace it with a new hub. I'll bung the censored weather wheels back on to check.
    Too late. I'm nearly with you. Should be 30 mins.

The rest of us are following in the horse box.

Can you grab a coldie from the fridge for us please.

#seeyouinabit
    #roadtrip

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Oh god, I'd say ill release the hound but she would just roll over. Milks in the fridge thats about all the cold I have currently
    Step83 wrote:
    Oh god, I'd say ill release the hound but she would just roll over. Milks in the fridge thats about all the cold I have currently

no dramas - i'll call Edwyn and he'll send over Sandra with a Watneys Party 7 for each of us

#partytime

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Step83 wrote:
    Bike cleaning done making a weird clicking noise either the BB or the freehub but can't be bothered today..
    Mine was doing that intermittently yesterday, was worried something was going to fall off as it had just been reassembled.
    Funnily enough it only happened when there were grassy verges at the side of the road. Turned out to be crickets chirping :oops:
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,424
    Llandegla got cancelled. Went for ~50km on the MTB. Picking the steepest routes up the hills wasn't the best idea in what turned out to be quite a warm morning.

When you say crud, do you mean the paint? :mrgreen:
    Under the front mech band the original paint colour still shows up as a rather eye watering purple. The rest of it has faded to mauve with age, rather like old ladies hair colour I guess. :D
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS