Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Sunday's sunny shift.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,723
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning, work then home and beer and sleep in that order. Nice sunrise around me.so hopefully a nice day.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,067
    Got to drop youngest rugrat off at a party - so he misses the last night camping, but other than that today’s plans revolve around beer gardens
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,810
    Breakfast, pack, lounge in sun then head for the airport. Late-ish flight back so should be home around 2am - thank heavens for bank holidays.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,779
    'ning

cafe based laziness, maybe a bimble to check bike
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    off to host pre-term meet up for bambino's class: tea, coffee, bacon butties, etc. Should be finished by 12 then lets see what happens.

#tbc
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,779
    lovely out, almost like still being on hols, except for the state of uk roads

cafe lazed in, bike built, bimble next, though this may turn into a few hill repeats and some laps, more cafes
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Afternoon. Just back from ride, lovely it was too, warm, sunny, zero wind. Only slight blot was censored coming other way, I was on one of my regular routes a back road but it is 2 cars width. Anyway, coming towards me a group of about 20 cyclists so as I pass them we exchange pleasantries as you do but about midway one of them is right over my side of the road. I had to swerve right onto edge of road to avoid him. He was looking at me but no reaction, no effort to move etc. Needless to say it was "explained" to him it might be better to get onto correct side of road! No wonder some cyclists get a bad name from other road users.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,670 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    A glorious day here, I'm pottering about whilst everyone gets sorted before going to a pub on Wombledon common with the old dear and my nephew. Beating up her neighbours later, they are demolishing their house to build a carbunkle and are telling her she needs to do some work as their house is the boundary wall. Considering they are the ones doing the work I think it is up to them to make good what they are taking down. They've also tried to tell her a tree in her garden needs to come down, they've been told to poke it. H³, Ive sent you a text about a party wall surveyors.
    Had to go and rescue female child from Reading yesterday, not entirely unepxpected but dissapointing nonetheless. We hoped she'd manage but she's still not fully recovered and overdid it. Glad she tried at least, but combination of CFS, not sleeping and the heat proved too much.
    Anyway, onwards and upwards...
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,433
    V68 wrote:
    Had to go and rescue female child from Reading yesterday...

^^ Hope all ok!

Supposed to be a day to get on with fixing friend's bikes. Instead, saw some workshop machinery advertised locally for a bargain price so nipped out to collect that instead. Now have a nifty jointer, mobile workbench, router table and dust collection unit ready to go in the shed. Result! I have a huge pile of oak boards to recycle into some drawers and cabinetry, so this will give me a *much* faster and easier way to get it done. Really just need a panel saw now to finish the setup... not sure that'll get past the Budget Committee.

Part-assembled new bike: is it wrong to leave cranks branded "Bianchi" on a Cervelo? I can sand off the Bianchi script and re-lacquer the (carbon) arms I suppose, but it's a faff. The cranks were mucho cheap, and are just fine otherwise.

Now waiting for other bits to arrive in post to complete the thing. Pix soon.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,749
    ... not sure that'll get past the Budget Committee.

I guess he's the sensible one.

Me sorting shed me. Big sort. Big clean out. I seem to recall that the accumulation of junk started when my daughter first came in to the world.

It's 'ot. Lovely.

Off swimming with toots.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,433
    Pinno wrote:
    ... not sure that'll get past the Budget Committee.

I guess he's the sensible one.
    Not entirely...

Machinery is a good investment anyway, will save many times its cost in just the walk-in wardrobe joinery alone. When I run out of things to build round here, I can always sell it again and probably not lose much money. How sensible is that!?
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,978
    ... No wonder some cyclists get a bad name from other road users.
    Witnessed similar this morning. On a std country road through woods so shaded and tunnel effect, come round a bend to see what looks like a peloton of cyclists all over the road coming towards me with a big van plus other vehicles behind them. Is this an organised event with support vehicles? Nope, just a group of 12-15 randoms. At least they said hi. Bet the drivers behind didn't say hi to them though.

Pleasant if hot side ride out, marred only by a minor but nontheless annoying off; last village before home has a steep drop down with an S-bend at bottom often as it was today with loose gravel, then a sharp kicker up into the village. Taking it easy downhill, see the gravel, sort out my line, no worries, still doing c 40kph. Into the S, a flying thing strikes side of helmet, then I feel it on the side of my face, then it's inside my glasses. censored . Is it a wasp? Do not want to be stung in the eye. Distracted to the max, get glasses off and brush bug away but have missed my gear change, lose momentum, realise I'm going down... A zero speed off. If one has to have an off, zero speed is ok. Nothing damaged but pride. At least there were no witnesses.
    V68 wrote:

^^ Hope all ok!

Supposed to be a day to get on with fixing friend's bikes. Instead, saw some workshop machinery advertised locally for a bargain price so nipped out to collect that instead. Now have a nifty jointer, mobile workbench, router table and dust collection unit ready to go in the shed. Result! I have a huge pile of oak boards to recycle into some drawers and cabinetry, so this will give me a *much* faster and easier way to get it done. Really just need a panel saw now to finish the setup... not sure that'll get past the Budget Committee.

Part-assembled new bike: is it wrong to leave cranks branded "Bianchi" on a Cervelo? I can sand off the Bianchi script and re-lacquer the (carbon) arms I suppose, but it's a faff. The cranks were mucho cheap, and are just fine otherwise.

Now waiting for other bits to arrive in post to complete the thing. Pix soon.

prave the Bianchi on - it'll wind up clubbies and newbies who get angry easily.

#thecricket
    #newbikepics

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wouldn't get too cocky Walter, England playing Italy next week and we know how that will end up :lol:
  • Cricket? Cricket you say? WELL ENGLAND JUST WON!!!!

WHAT A GAME, UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,670 Lives Here
    V68 wrote:

^^ Hope all ok!
    Yes thanks, just not fully recovered from the mystery illness and resulting CFS so she’s more prone to getting run down and then takes longer to recover. We hoped the music and everything else would result in a bit of mind over matter and she’d get through it, but the call was far from unexpected. She slept well into the day and is a little more human today, probably be a couple more days to recover to her normal self.
    Stick with the Bianchi cranks, frankenbikes are cool.
    Also, you can’t have too many tools.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,978
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Also, you can’t have too many tools.
    Ahem. I believe you can. For instance, the current dUK "government" in name only. :roll:
    orraloon wrote:
    ... No wonder some cyclists get a bad name from other road users.
    Witnessed similar this morning. On a std country road through woods so shaded and tunnel effect, come round a bend to see what looks like a peloton of cyclists all over the road coming towards me with a big van plus other vehicles behind them. Is this an organised event with support vehicles? Nope, just a group of 12-15 randoms. At least they said hi. Bet the drivers behind didn't say hi to them though.

Pleasant if hot side ride out, marred only by a minor but nontheless annoying off; last village before home has a steep drop down with an S-bend at bottom often as it was today with loose gravel, then a sharp kicker up into the village. Taking it easy downhill, see the gravel, sort out my line, no worries, still doing c 40kph. Into the S, a flying thing strikes side of helmet, then I feel it on the side of my face, then it's inside my glasses. censored . Is it a wasp? Do not want to be stung in the eye. Distracted to the max, get glasses off and brush bug away but have missed my gear change, lose momentum, realise I'm going down... A zero speed off. If one has to have an off, zero speed is ok. Nothing damaged but pride. At least there were no witnesses.

crash damaged. you need a new bike. Ritte Bosberg, Super Record, Lightweights.

#theonlyanswer

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Cricket? Cricket you say? WELL ENGLAND JUST WON!!!!

WHAT A GAME, UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Thought MF had gone a bit quiet :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,596
    'ning
    Swift 25 this morning in the sun followed by tea and lots of cakes. Didn't manage to break the hour though.
    Tried to go to the local air show but people were driving into each other and all routes blocked so turned back and ended up at the local airfield watching the Lancaster bomber and friends take off. The air show was cut short anyway due to fog, while we basked in the sun :)
    anyone else watching Barca vs Betis? its mega

#cervejas
    #chorizo

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

#cervejas
    #chorizo
    Nah, watching the cricket highlights is better :D
    Stevo 666 wrote:

#cervejas
    #chorizo
    Nah, watching the cricket highlights is better :D

:D 8) :lol:

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    orraloon wrote:
    Nothing damaged but pride. At least there were no witnesses.

I was going to ask if you thought the off was worse than a sting but I guess the last thing you need is a wasp sting near the eye.
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

I was going to ask if you thought the off was worse than a sting but I guess the last thing you need is a wasp sting near the eye.

he wouldn't have seen that one coming ......

#boomtish

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

he wouldn't have seen that one coming ......

#boomtish

I'll get your coat for you.