Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Sunday Finally.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,719
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning All. Sadly work, luckily last one today. Was intending to bike in today but lack of sleep forcing use of car. Hopefully the rain and wind of late will have disappeared and it will be dry up a bit. Enjoy your lie in,s folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    'ning

long long climby climby ride, many choc energy bars

curry tonight
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    snoozing at the mo', silly hot already.

mafia water park here we come.

#justwhyisthishere?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, working today probably a good job the way the weather has been these last few. Days
  • Ning.
    Lounging about before breakfast then take the DHL family to Wuppertal zoo. The wuppertal suspension railway is amazing but wuppertal is a bit poundland with a giant Primark surrounded by discounters and kebab shops. Hotel management in holiday inn express utterly incompetent, worst I have ever come across. Threated to call the police after father in law helped self to what is advertised as "complimentary coffee in the lobby" .
  • Morning. Storms have passed although bit damp this morning so surf on the cards methinks. Work tonight and tomorrow night so maybe quick spin tomorrow if feeling up for it.
  • gethincerigethinceri Posts: 1,189
    Virtual Stelvio when I can be 4rsed later while watching the men's euro road race.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,730
    Windy and dull here. God knows what will blow in.

Trying to find garage doors that look good and have practicality. Must go speak to sparky and architect.

#speshmancave/toystoremission
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,801
    Had to have a bit of a lie in after yesterday's travels so feeling a bit more awake now. Onwards to random jobs etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    just given the local mafia some money to get in their acquapark. now sunnin'. will jump in pool and annoy bambini in a bit.

#embarrassingfather

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,663 Lives Here
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. Time for coffee.
    More pottering and over to the old dear’s later. Sister is over and has been going through stuff in my absence, odd as she didn’t want me to do it without her. Hopefully can get rid of some junk now.
    Tell the bambini it’s a father’s job to humiliate his children so the MFs are dutybound to do so.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    strong headwind made for a brutal ride, at the top of the road back from haria coasted on a flat bit, wind noise silent at 49kph

trying to summon up energy to get on sunbed
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    its getting hotter as the day goes on. cold Peroni and embarass the bambini again

#topSundayarvo

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. Time for coffee.
    More pottering and over to the old dear’s later. Sister is over and has been going through stuff in my absence, odd as she didn’t want me to do it without her. Hopefully can get rid of some junk now.
    Tell the bambini it’s a father’s job to humiliate his children so the MFs are dutybound to do so.

i passed on your message. they said "thanks random bloke off the internet. all we need"

#missionaccomplished

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Small lunch time surf in the sun which was OK and an Eng win in the rugby which was good.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Evening.

Nice 55k with an old riding buddy, lots of turns rotating front battling the wind.

Maths done in garage worked out various things which should give me a nice working area an I should be able to chuck at least one bike up on the wall which is nice.

Now stretching followed by dog walk and then some alcoholic beverage.
    just about to go and drink local made white wine on the terrace while bambina has an ice lolly.

#wineandicelolly

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Took the DHL family to wuppertal zoo on the schwebebahn, had Italian and and few weizen before blind man's bluff in the hotel room. Relaxing with more wiezen in my underpants while the kids fill in their journals.
    Yes, we make them write up what they did.
    Micro dhl, 6, drew a digger.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Took the DHL family to wuppertal zoo on the schwebebahn...
    Micro saw a digger at the zoo??
    6 carfuls today. 3 to tip, 3 to storage unit. Ground floor now more or less empty.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    sungod wrote:
    strong headwind made for a brutal ride, at the top of the road back from haria coasted on a flat bit, wind noise silent at 49kph

trying to summon up energy to get on sunbed

Haria is up by jameos del agua isn't it? Either way, significant kilometres from PB.

Excellent work.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Took the DHL family to wuppertal zoo on the schwebebahn...
    Micro saw a digger at the zoo??
    6 carfuls today. 3 to tip, 3 to storage unit. Ground floor now more or less empty.
    In the children's play area, for kids. Left lever raises and lowers, middle tops the bucket, right lever extends the arm. He loves anything to do with engineering, more the lions or tigers.
    Took the DHL family to wuppertal zoo on the schwebebahn, had Italian and and few weizen before blind man's bluff in the hotel room. Relaxing with more wiezen in my underpants while the kids fill in their journals.
    Yes, we make them write up what they did.

where? whatty? whoey?

i once asked TDV if she wanted to play Blind Man's Bluff in the bedroom. She kicked me in the gonads.

#pain

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,730
    TDV - bless.

That was one helluva dull EC race and although pretty, an equally dull course.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!