TDF 2019: Stage 2, Bruxelles Palais Royal > Brussel Atomium 07/07/2019 - 27.6kms TTT *Spoilers*

1235»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    RichN95 wrote:
    Jumbo have got this easily
    Unless they stack.it
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    edited July 2019
    inseine wrote:
    Why is one of the Wanty guys on a road bike?
    Just going to ask the same question. Did he crash yesterday ( can’t get into position)?

maybe they cant afford 8 tt bikes, as its now not a world championship event there are some teams who maybe arent concerned with GC positions or winning the stage are just about getting through it.

equally his setup could have been called foul by the UCI dimensions check , so had to revert to a standard bike
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Really, really useful graphic there telling us which one is Mike Teunissen
  • ShutupJens
    awavey wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Just going to ask the same question. Did he crash yesterday ( can’t get into position)?

maybe they cant afford 8 tt bikes, as its now not a world championship event there are some teams who maybe arent concerned with GC positions or winning the stage are just about getting through it.

equally his setup could have been called foul by the UCI dimensions check , so had to revert to a standard bike

They have TT bikes on the car..
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ShutupJens wrote:

Yes I had to laugh at that.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Jumbo winning margin.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Lol
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Baff !
  • above_the_cows
    eSGUuUz.gif
  • mididoctors
    Bammm... Booom
  • above_the_cows
    van Aert takes the witte trui.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    First two stages of the Tour.

Now the Dutch need win the World Cup and it’s a clean sweep this weekend.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Dutch absolutely dominating on Belgian soil.
  • blazing_saddles
    My dark horse just got a bit darker.......or should it be horsier? :P
  • awavey
    ShutupJens wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    inseine wrote:

but no good if it doesnt fit you, they could be spares the other riders had, I dont know, just offering a view :) when it happens like it also did at the Giro Rosa TTT on Friday, its normally budgetary
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327

Trying to get a reaction from a Belgian mate. He's not biting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Well you’ll be pleased to know my daughter has been in an orange “hup Holland” t shirt all day.
  • blazing_saddles
    eSGUuUz.gif

LOL.

The gap between 1st and 2nd is about the same as the gap between 2nd and 10th
  • rick_chasey
    eSGUuUz.gif

LOL.

The gap between 1st and 2nd is about the same as the gap between 2nd and 10th

Were doing special TTT training last week on an airfield.
  • awavey

+ 2nd stage of the Giro Rosa yesterday...is the clean sweep still on though, youll have to watch the Giro Rosa stage 3 highlights later on https://racing.trekbikes.com/girorosa to find out ;)
  • rick_chasey
    To think they were one of the worst TT teams around 5 years ago - a proper laughing stock.
  • mididoctors
    Dowsett gives good interview
  • ShutupJens
    To think they were one of the worst TT teams around 5 years ago - a proper laughing stock.

Doesn't take much for fortunes to change, Garmin used to crush them, as did Trek.. How the turntables
  • rick_chasey
    Dowsett gives good interview

He’s a good lad.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    ShutupJens wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    inseine wrote:

The mystery has been solved.
    Batteries flat in his electronic shifters.
    Reserve TT bike not UCI compliant by about 2mm, with 2mins to start time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format