• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    patum peperium is also lovely
    It is, on buttered toast.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,495
    Yep, anchovy butter is good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,495
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo you sadist, anchovy butter urghh. I wouldn't even give it the dog. Marmite rules.
    Oxo, I like MarmIte as well if that helps? Just love anchovies, especially on pizza. Yum yum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep, anchovy butter is good.
    Devils spunk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Anchovy's are delicious.

Sprats in https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/jans ... else_24036

Fantastic. Food of the God's (and Swedish women).
    That's one for Hoppy. He can cook it and see.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    My eyes are bleeding again Mr Pinno the grocer.

Anchovies are delicious. Jansson's temptation is excellent, but use the swedish tinned fish from IKEA. The little brown ones are too aggressively fishy.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Greetings from Marseille, spent the evening "sampling" various reds from the menu. Tomorrow I shall be sporting a Mr V hangover an likely sweating it out. Even more gutted I didn't bring the bike as well.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Step83 wrote:
    Greetings from Marseille, spent the evening "sampling" various reds from the menu. Tomorrow I shall be sporting a Mr V hangover an likely sweating it out. Even more gutted I didn't bring the bike as well.

Paul Ricard circuit. I see. Bring back Magny Cours. :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Paul Ricard circuit. I see. Bring back Magny Cours. :D

Its on my "list" going to try an get some local tipples on the way back, eurostaring it so should be easier.