Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

CBA Tuesday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,717
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning slackers. Work then play time till Sunday. Meet new boss today, another numpty to break in I suppose.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,588
    Morning
    Struggling to get out of bed after a 4 day weekend. It's another one of those 4 day weeks though which is always welcome.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,777
    'ning

leisurely bimble, shopping, perhaps a pancake, bask

bought a mint nikon f2as on ebay from the land of the rising sun, it can keep the m6 company, can't resist proper cameras, plus if anyone tries it on you can beat them to death with one and it'll still work perfectly

her majesty's meteorological office forecasts extreme uv, great days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,662 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    I seem to have caught manflu, this is not good. Didn't go out at all yesterday, just hid. Unfortunately had to come into work today. Only a 3 day week for me so really need to shake this bug.
    Proper film camera SG? Do you want some darkroom equipment?
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,049
    Jesus work isn’t nearly as much fun as weekends
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Morning, weirdly whole weekend was shoot weather wise, today lovely. Typical that is.

Anyway appear to be down a few people today others nursing hangovers so I need to annoy them, may grab a goose an release it into the office.

SG, do like a proper film camera, reminds me I do need a MFF adaptor or M42 cant remember which for a Helios lens I picked up.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Proper film camera SG? Do you want some darkroom equipment?
    had a darkroom long long ago, mostly used to do e4 and b&w printing, plus experiments with ir, lith, and old processes like cyanotype, there was a chemists shop just along pont street that actually sold chemicals over the counter, used to get a few questions :)

but these days it's easier to get it processed and scan, still have a nikon scanner with autofeed
    Step83 wrote:
    SG, do like a proper film camera, reminds me I do need a MFF adaptor or M42 cant remember which for a Helios lens I picked up.
    if it's for an slr probably m42, but they had some that were leica/contax/other fit too
    sungod wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    if it's for an slr probably m42, but they had some that were leica/contax/other fit too

I think its the M42 its from my mum's old Zenit-E which needs some TLC, lens is nice enough could kill someone at 20 paces with that alone probably. M42 to EOSM adaptor hunt later then!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,721
    Makes me want to drag out my Minotaur SRT101b. Minotaur?! F*cking yankee spell checker, Minolta.
    I have a super zoom lens for it too.

Bloody chilly today. 5.5 deg according to the Merc. There was snow in the Highlands yesterday.
    Just as the swallows have arrived. Might spark up the wood burner. First, croissant.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    All that rattling around on gravel seems to have weakened a bolt in my saddle clamp, which gave up the ghost with an almighty bang this morning. Popped my saddle in my bag and rode 5 or 6 km standing on the pedals to the nearest open bike shop, who kindly sold me a cheap seatpost.

What's that I hear from Scotland? "You fat [email protected]"? Well possibly. :lol:
    Seems to be a trend hoppy, mine decided to slowly creep down without me noticing initially, looks like the clamp wasnt quite tight enough to hold my 86kg up (I like cake) its slid down an grinded into side of the post an rendered it unsafe to use.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,797
    hopkinb wrote:
    What's that I hear from Scotland? "You fat [email protected]"? Well possibly. :lol:
    Roy 'Chubby' Brown on tour again?

First day back of a 3 day week and I'm easing myself in with doing my presentation for the upcoming finance conference later this month. I've decided to bore them to death which shouldn't be difficult given the subject matter but I'm going all out with EU mandatory disclosure reg and digital service tax. Fasten your seatbelts folks.

In other news riding in made me very hungry so am now stuffing my face with some superficially healthy food (but probably isn't really) and have just watched a cool Youtube vid of someone drifting my* car round a bend and taking out a strategically placed apple with the outside rear wheel while creating a fair bit of tyre smoke to please the tree huggers.

(*anti-pedant mode on: identical to mine bar body colour)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,933
    A full on bank holiday weekend and I think collectively we've lined wine makers pockets sufficiently!

Hopefully get a ride in this evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Step83 wrote:
    Seems to be a trend hoppy, mine decided to slowly creep down without me noticing initially, looks like the clamp wasnt quite tight enough to hold my 86kg up (I like cake) its slid down an grinded into side of the post an rendered it unsafe to use.

Yes! I'm lighter than someone! by 1 kg

This wasn't the clamp holding the post into the seat tube, but the clamp attaching the saddle rails to the seat post. It gave the person riding behind me quite a fright as it went bang.
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,933
    And lighter than me, by a bit more than 1kg :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Yes! I'm lighter than someone! by 1 kg

This wasn't the clamp holding the post into the seat tube, but the clamp attaching the saddle rails to the seat post. It gave the person riding behind me quite a fright as it went bang.

OK that sounds somewhat more worrying! could have been somewhat unpleasant to say the least.

An don't worry HD, I'll likely start putting on weight again later in the year as odds on ill be having surgery on my wrist.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    evening all!

excellent day mtb'ing now scoffing a sausage roll and coffee. will then return home to chores, Radox bath and snoring.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,588
    excellent day mtb'ing now scoffing a sausage roll and coffee. will then return home to chores, Radox bath and snoring.
    Sounds like a good day out.
    In the UK or abroad?
    evening all!

You didn't tell us you were a mountain biker MF. Some people on here need to realise how much fun it is :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,717
    Wahay you've made my day I'm not the only fatty. Still lighter than you lot though.
    Make the most of it lads, you're only fat once.
  • mrfpbmrfpb Posts: 4,542
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Make the most of it lads, you're only fat once.

But for a long time.
    hopkinb wrote:

I said nuffin.

Eons ago, rattling along a road where an impatient driver was following me, I shot right into the road home and hit the opposite edge of a sunken manhole cover. I was travelling and it was impossible to bunny hop given I was cornering and my gorgeous, fluted Campag Chorus set pin broke. How I stayed on, I don't know.

One of these:

s-l1600.jpg
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,717
    Ouch, could have been painful or enjoyable depending on your outlook on life.
    I was lucky, I even felt it 'go' and held on to the saddle and broken bit of seat pin.

I remember saving my hard earned pennies to buy a replacement and it was £22 ! £22 in 1990.