Forum home BikeRadar team Discuss the website with the team

BikeRadar's new website

Hey guys,

I hope you're enjoying the new website.

Our development team are working hard to fix any bugs that are cropping up but would really appreciate your help in identifying these. Any problems that you do come across then please do log them below this post.

The good news is we've got plenty more updates to come and will soon be giving this forum some much-needed love too.

Thanks

Oli

• rollemynotrollemynot Posts: 434
    Sorry Oli...

Quite frankly it is horrific...

Did you do a beta and if you did the testers need the sack. The experience is definitely advert centric as oppose to user.

Robert the Bruce said try, try again... I suggest you take note

T.
  • redveeredvee Posts: 11,932
    Only postitve I can provide is there is no warniong telling you off for trying to view the site with an adblocker running, I thjink in the past you were forced to watch a video if you wanted to continue viewing with an adblocker running.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • FYI,
    This week's 11 speed link isn't working at the moment. Just tried and I am getting stuck in an endless loop of return to the 11 speed topic main page. Archived pages can be accessed OK.

Tried on Android and safari.
  • oli_adminoli_admin Posts: 93
    Thanks for reporting Wily-Quixote, think I've just fixed that.
  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 2,257
    Clicking on the main Bikeradar logo bar at the top of the screen (on a mobile) just takes you to the Forum index page when it used to take you to the main Bikeradar homepage, which I think it should.
  • oli_adminoli_admin Posts: 93
    Agreed, I've added that to the bug list. Thanks MrB.
  • The cookies bar is and stays in the way on every page. It is about 5/6 down the left side of the page. I’m on an iPad.
  • JBAJBA Posts: 2,425
    The Log In button works intermittently. Sometimes I can log in using it, other times I have to use the log in option below the forums.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Bird Zero Mk1 ¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • andy9964andy9964 Posts: 930
    I get logged in automatically on the forum pages, my first stop. The main site however, has the "sign in" option displayed, clicking that directs me back to the forums, where I am signed in. Return to the BR home page and I'm not.
    And so the circle continues...............
  • apreadingapreading Posts: 4,534
    Please dont update the forum - I have only just got over the last big update and every time it seems a downgrade for no reason. The forum might not look modern but its perfectly functional and easy to use. Please dont sacrifice that...!
    The whole site, including the forum is becoming unusable.
    The pages jumps up and down when those stupid banner adverts load making it hard to click on the correct link, the log in button works intermittently and now if you are on the forum you can't get back to the main site.

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Bird Zero Mk1 ¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • PetePete Posts: 9 Designer/Developer
    JBA wrote:
    The Log In button works intermittently. Sometimes I can log in using it, other times I have to use the log in option below the forums.
    mrb123 wrote:
    Clicking on the main Bikeradar logo bar at the top of the screen (on a mobile) just takes you to the Forum index page when it used to take you to the main Bikeradar homepage, which I think it should.

Apologies, both of these were due to the change from bikeradar.com/forums to forum.bikeradar.com. They should both now be fixed.

andy9964 wrote:
    I get logged in automatically on the forum pages, my first stop. The main site however, has the "sign in" option displayed, clicking that directs me back to the forums, where I am signed in. Return to the BR home page and I'm not.
    And so the circle continues...............

The main site currently has no context for whether or not you are logged into the forum. It's a static Sign In and Register link, so they're not meant to indicate that you're not signed in. This is a temporary measure until the forum phase of the site update has been carried out. There is currently nothing on the main site that requires a user to be signed in.
    The log in button is still only working intermittently. I have tried on iPhone and iMac (Safari).

• rollemynotrollemynot Posts: 434
    Page load and site speed are at a snail pace...

I sense there are nasty cookies at work making sure I am bombarded with adverts as oppose to content.

It goes without saying the site exists through advertising revenue, but if the experience drives people away there will be no advertising revenue... chicken or egg you decide.

I am sure you have done some competition checks and road.cc has a better balance IMHO
  • robertpbrobertpb Posts: 1,866
    Selection to get to what you want to view is a lot worse as well as being slow.
    No one seems to be bothered about the lack of posts on the forum these days compared to 10 years ago.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • johnmujohnmu Posts: 4
    It doesn’t look nearly as good on an iPhone as it used to but I’m prepared to run with it but that cookies banner which won’t go is really poor and marrs the whole site. Who ever is responsible for that bit of code needs to be given a kick up the derrière.
This discussion has been closed.