The Vikings are HERE! Be afraid. *possible spoilers* *definite pillaging *

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    i only just heard we are losing a lot to accidents
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Gustav Wang takes the jnr TT
    Carl-Frederik Bevort 4th

If you've paid attention further up the thread then you'll have heard of them 😉

Yes, we really aren't finished producing young testers 😅
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    They aren't coming through at the very top level in the elite category though. Maybe it's still early, but I was expecting more from Bjerg by now.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • m.r.m. said:

They aren't coming through at the very top level in the elite category though. Maybe it's still early, but I was expecting more from Bjerg by now.

He's not been going well since the Tour (7th in stage 20 TT, after working his arse off for 3 weeks). Had a crap result in the Euros TT as well. Got a 4th in Poland, with a decent startlist. Think he might be a touch over raced this season for a 22 Yr old.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540

Gustav Wang takes the jnr TT
    Carl-Frederik Bevort 4th

But can they do it on a wet Sunday morning on the R25/3H?
  • Pross said:

Gustav Wang takes the jnr TT
    Carl-Frederik Bevort 4th

But can they do it on a wet Sunday morning on the R25/3H?
    You really need to ask about how Vikings might go in the rain? 😉

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342

m.r.m. said:

He's not been going well since the Tour (7th in stage 20 TT, after working his censored off for 3 weeks). Had a censored result in the Euros TT as well. Got a 4th in Poland, with a decent startlist. Think he might be a touch over raced this season for a 22 Yr old.
    That's fair.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    That Gustav bloke is only part Viking - surely the rest is far eastern?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    He's also a pretty good junior CX rider; though I imagine he won't be doing a lot more of it. Most promising Danish CX riders move to either road or MTB.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,620
    edited September 2021
    Wrong thread
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
  • andyp said:
    Errr....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I didn't knøw you check the lëngth øf THIS søck tøõ...?!?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    It’s the Danish version of the “pull my finger” gag
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    I think it was sort of expected that I'd update this with Mads P winning in Etoile Besseges the other day, but frankly, though it was a good finish and interesting race, he's a World Champ and it's a S*** Small Race.

This season I'll try and focus on big wins and impressive youngsters 😊
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    edited February 2022
    Double Danish delight for Uno-X (Duo-X now?) yesterday.
    First Jacob Hindsgaul (21) took stage 3 and GC lead of the Tour of Antalya, then Anthon Charmig (23) took stage 3 and GC lead of the Tour of Oman
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Hindsgaul defended his jersey and takes the GC
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Mattias Skjelmose 2nd on the stage today in Tour de Provence, takes 3rd overall, behind Quintana and Alaphilipe
  • Mattias Skjelmose 2nd on the stage today in Tour de Provence, takes 3rd overall, behind Quintana and Alaphilipe

Just 21
    Vingegaard v2.0

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Mattias Skjelmose 2nd on the stage today in Tour de Provence, takes 3rd overall, behind Quintana and Alaphilipe

Just 21
    Vingegaard v2.0

He took the Jebel Jais stage of the UAE tour last year - ahead of Pogacar - and ended up in 6th on GC. So yeah, he looks the real deal
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Vingegaard took the nice little Drome Classic today, the race was loaded with talent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Emma Norsgaard took the women's Le Samyn
    Good start to the season for her, she was 2nd in Omloop van het Hageland and 6th in Omloop het Nieuwsblad

Just a reminder, she's 22.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
  • RichN95.
    That shouldn’t be celebrated. He should have had a proper medical check before continuing.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    RichN95. said:

That shouldn’t be celebrated. He should have had a proper medical check before continuing.

Only if he's bumped his head though. Didn't see the crash so have no idea if he did.
  • RichN95.
    edited March 2022

RichN95. said:

Only if he's bumped his head though. Didn't see the crash so have no idea if he did.

That's why you do the check. To find out.
  • TheBigBean
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

When the discussion came up a while back, you were adamant that there were no issues in cycling with this, so there was no need. Have you changed your mind?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812

RichN95. said:

I saw it and he did go head first over the stone wall and it was a fair drop on the other side.
    His kit confirmed this as he had an abrasion on the top of his shoulder.

Looked scary.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    edited March 2022

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

When the discussion came up a while back, you were adamant that there were no issues in cycling with this, so there was no need. Have you changed your mind?

I've had a look at that thread and you are remembering it wrong. Your proposal was that anyone who had a crash should have a full concussion check. I said this was too much and it should only be used for serious crashes or ones where the was clearly a bang to the head. I would class a fall into a 20 foot ravine as a serious crash. They didn't even spend ten seconds to check if the helmet was scuffed.
  • TheBigBean
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

I've had a look at that thread and you are remembering it wrong. Your proposal was that anyone who had a crash should have a full concussion check. I said this was too much and it should only be used for serious crashes or ones where the was clearly a bang to the head. I would class a fall into a 20 foot ravine as a serious crash. They didn't even spend ten seconds to check if the helmet was scuffed.
    I've had a look back it and would characterise your opinion as "it's all a bit too hard to bother with" others were in the "there are no problems to be solved camp". In any case, I did not advocate it for all crashes, just ones involving heads.