The Vikings are HERE! Be afraid. *possible spoilers* *definite pillaging *

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    m.r.m. said:

Dammit, I completely forgot the labels were all in Danish, sorry.

Tyskland is indeed Germany. It's full of Tyskere that speak Tysk.

tsk tsk tsk... :wink:

Donald Tsk is Polish
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,310
    Yep.
    DeadCalm said:

A surprisingly interesting ITT in the Binck Bank Tour was won by Soren Kragh Anderson. A great ride from Pedersen to retain the lead.

Maybe this belongs in the Vikings are coming thread?

I've not actually been watching the Bincky-Banky-Bonky, but The Vikings are most definitely here. Søren Kragh is 2nd on GC as well, by 7".

Final stage today is a Flandersesque affair, Kapelmuur four times etc. Could well be a Viking that takes the overall.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099

Yep.

DeadCalm said:

A surprisingly interesting ITT in the Binck Bank Tour was won by Soren Kragh Anderson. A great ride from Pedersen to retain the lead.

I've not actually been watching the Bincky-Banky-Bonky, but The Vikings are most definitely here. Søren Kragh is 2nd on GC as well, by 7".

Final stage today is a Flandersesque affair, Kapelmuur four times etc. Could well be a Viking that takes the overall.
    Well, as I picked Soren Kragh Andersen for the overall on PTP, I hope it is him.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    DeadCalm said:

Yep.

DeadCalm said:

Well, as I picked Soren Kragh Andersen for the overall on PTP, I hope it is him.
    Not quite, but 2nd is worth some points for you i reckon
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Excellent 3rd place in the Giro stage one TT for 21 Yr old Mikkel Berg.
  • DeadCalm

A future World Champion. Probably.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    DeadCalm said:

A future World Champion. Probably.
    Well the u23 titles would certainly suggest he might do the senior version at some point :)
  • Excellent 3rd place in the Giro stage one TT for 21 Yr old Mikkel Berg.

Also, 5th place for 23-year old OAP* Tobias Foss, winner of last year's Tour de l'Avenir.

[* At least by the standards of Pogačar, Hirschi and that Remco Whatshisname who apparently won some Spanish classic as a teenager]
  • DeadCalm

Also, 5th place for 23-year old OAP* Tobias Foss, winner of last year's Tour de l'Avenir.

[* At least by the standards of Pogačar, Hirschi and that Remco Whatshisname who apparently won some Spanish classic as a teenager]
    Shhh! I've already picked him for PTP tomorrow. I'm hoping he can fly under the radar a little longer.
    Team My Man 2022:

• RichN95.
    I saw the results from the Danish nationals. The U23s caught my eye as really hope that someone called Gustav Wang becomes a somebody.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    RichN95. said:

I saw the results from the Danish nationals. The U23s caught my eye as really hope that someone called Gustav Wang becomes a somebody.

You may have missed that Frederik Muff was 3rd in the DK Nation TT champs. You have to hope they do a Madison together at some point.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

RichN95. said:

You may have missed that Frederik censored was 3rd in the DK Nation TT champs. You have to hope they do a Madison together at some point.
    His last name can't get through the profanity filter.
    It's a place in Co. Donegal that's famous for its diving or a furry covering for the ears.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    It was the Jnr TT Wang won, btw, no u23. He was reigning champion.
  • RichN95.

Either way, the teenage Wang will want to get getting as close to M*ff as a soon as possible,
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    RichN95. said:

Either way, the teenage Wang will want to get getting as close to M*ff as a soon as possible,
    Wang from M*ff in the slutspurt*

*that's Danish for finishing sprint. I kid you not.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Rain today in LBL just saying
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    So we re aloud Wang, but not M*ff or Pidc*ck..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Rain today in LBL just saying

Mads P the most likely Dane to do something, not really strongly represented with Fuglsang in Italy. And probably just a bit too steep & hilly for Mads.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    ddraver said:

So we re aloud Wang, but not M*ff or Pidc*ck..?

Pidcock usually goes through the filter doesn't it?

You'd think the filter would be smart enough to look at the other letters...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Peter Sagan not looking that happy to have a Viking ahead of him in the sprint
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Definitely an update sort of day today.
    Casper Pedersen wins a wet Paris - Tours
    Mads Pedersen wins a damp Gent Wevelgem
    In the Giro, Mikkel Bjerg closes a 4 minute gap to the break alone, then animates it and takes 3rd. In the rain. Not bad for a young TTer
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Translation: I was Mikkel Bjerg Pedersen until 2005. With hindsight it would have been good to keep it.

:D
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Tobias Lund Andresen signs for Sunweb development. Think they'll suit him well https://teamsunweb.com/welcome-tobias-gianmarco/
  • m.r.m. said:

Andreas Leknessund who won the U23 European ITT title would have been 4th in the Men's elite category.

And on a very belated note, he was also the 13th fastest elite in the Worlds (1:30 behind Ganna) and finished 4 places / 17 seconds ahead of Mikkel Bjerg (who is a year older).
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Sorry @rick_chasey , they're ours now. As the thread title says: *definite pillaging *
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    It's getting harder to keep this updated, but I did warn you in the thread title...

Mads P takes KBK, Jonas Vingegaard got a great stage in UAE, and 20 Yr old Mattias Skjelmose took 6th in the GC there.

Emma Norsgsaard (21 and two time DK champ ) won the sprint for 2nd in the Omloop.

It's happening.
  • RichN95.
    On this topic, who are Uno X? What's their story? They were pretty visible today
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,466
    Have they raced the tour de Yorkshire before?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Norwegian based. Been around since 2010 apparently but moved up from Pro Continental to Pro Team last season. Hadn't heard of them either but look suited to the Classics.