Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Wednesday and I CBA to ride in.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,851
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning, just about to attend work for last day of shift set and CBA to ride in as yesterday ended up a grueler and legs still hurt from pedal home. Suspect today will be physically demanding again, however I can leave the the BS to someone else for a change. May run tonight instead if my weakened body can take it.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,914
    Morning, a mild start to the day, back on site for the last day this job has been a nice earner
    Have a nice day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Meant to be doing a hybrid commute with a run back but seem to have caught the family cold, headache, sore throat and heart rate 10 bpm higher than normal (still low enough to kill a non athlete) - this isn’t good as I’ve entered a race on Sunday on the back of A massive 285 miles this year so far
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,210
    'ning

office, coffee etc., acquire an extra eubod, maybe do some cloudy stuff, probable early bail to hunt pineapple
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Morning, not sure what's occurring work wise today, some bright spark decided meeting every other day for the state of the fault queue was a good idea so have to endure that.
    Pedalling in shortly on No2. Fitted some new rubber last night which was a total pig but managed it in the end but they appear to still have air all round which is a plus. May take a lunch wander round the lake as its the first day of spring apparently, an there's a pub...
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Started early and arrived to a slew of stupidity emailed from the other side of the pond. Why would anyone use the font called Broadway, even if they were making a sensible point it would look stupid written like that. Unless they were in Bugsy Malone perhaps.
    I also drove in as giving the Trouble a lift home, don't mind too much as still making the point about secure bike parking. Today being Wednesday I will of course be visiting a pub later.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

cold, hungry, severe case of cba. just sitting here doing nothing.

may print out some bits of paper then go foraging for pineapple.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    I'll read posts later. What tf, where tf, who tf?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,701
    Booked some flight over to Italy for ten days, unfortunately there will be no two wheeled based days on this trip.

Still building wardrobes and will continue to do so into the weekend with the exception of Sunday morning when I've booked a half marathon. Joy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
    Booked some flight over to Italy for ten days, unfortunately there will be no two wheeled based days on this trip.

Still building wardrobes and will continue to do so into the weekend with the exception of Sunday morning when I've booked a half marathon. Joy.

where you going, see?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,851
    Survived work, clocked 15k steps up by dinner. I only pulled a few cables out on plant that are no longer used and jointed some others. Turns out I removed about a mile of cable. No wonder I'm on 25k steps now. Second doombar about to slide down nicely to be followed by a few more I suspect.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    Well I did ride in and back - probably.for the best in the name of letting.off some steam.

Day started a bit censored and went downhill quickly when I got a call from the docs saying my old dears time on this Earth looks pretty limited. That trip up North has just come forward by a week.

I think I'll have a drink.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Ah sh!t,
    Sorry to hear that Stevo. Hope all goes as well as can be and whatever happens she doesn’t suffer.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,539
    Ah not good, S666. Been down, or indeed up seeing as how Scotland involved, that road, twice indeed. All the best.
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
    Sorry to hear this. My mum died last August and even though my Dad had long gone, and she was ill etc etc ITS A FARKIN censored . Just make her happy while you can.
    Thanks Lads, at least this isn't a surprise like my old man a couple of years ago so I've had some time to prepare for the inevitable.

I'm having another word with the medical professionals tomorrow then deciding when to travel up. Sadly dementia took the person I knew a few years back and now it looks like her body has probably decided to play catch up :(
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,003
    Feckit, sad news Stevo.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Shoot news Stevo
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,619
    Morning....

Went and located another pump track near work. A bit on the small side though so might need to invest in a bmx. Went for a spin around llandegla after work which was nice. Shame about the bit in between the riding.

Sorry to hear the news stevo, sad end to the day.
    In some ways it will be a release - dementia is a life sentence and ****ing censored disease that kills a person and leaves a body behind.

At least a very large glass of 40 yo tawny port that I won in the work Christmas raffle has made me feel a bit better. SG wpuld be proud of me.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Stevo 666 wrote:
    At least a very large glass of 40 yo tawny port that I won in the work Christmas raffle has made me feel a bit better. SG wpuld be proud of me.

They make Tawny Port out of Pineapple?!
    Allegedly it's the only thing he consumes apart from pineapples and Belgian orange chocolates.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

really sorry to hear that Stevo - if you need to offload pm me - more happy to be a sounding board.

M

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    ...if you need to offload pm me...

Don't do that Stevo - you'll never recover :D
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,210
    sad news stevo, have had a relative in a similar situation, in the end it's a release, remember them as they were
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    Thanks again everyone - good advice and offers noted. Will be talking to the medics again today and deciding when to travel.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

pinno wrote:
    ...if you need to offload pm me...

Don't do that Stevo - you'll never recover :D

depends which one of the MFs he gets. At the moment they are all knackered and clogging up the floor/cupboards.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    How many MF's are there? So far, I have isolated 8

1. Demolition/Arson MF
    2. Shiny bits procurement officer
    3. Stick in spokes of Clubby/PC bunch protest bloke
    4. Stalker MF
    5. Housewife MF
    6. Elastoplast MF
    7. DIY shrink MF
    8. Arnold Schwarzeneeger MF
    pinno wrote:

1. Demolition/Arson MF
    4. Stalker MF
    5. Housewife MF
    6. Elastoplast MF
    7. DIY shrink MF
    9. Car park loitering MF (or is that stalker MF?)
    veronese68 wrote:
    pinno wrote:

1. Demolition/Arson MF
    4. Stalker MF
    5. Housewife MF
    6. Elastoplast MF
    7. DIY shrink MF
    9. Car park loitering MF (or is that stalker MF?)

I think that is definitely a category of it's own as it's hardly inconspicuous, so it's passed Pinno's categorisation panel board.
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,701

where you going, see?

la mia casa sul lago di Como
    Advocate of disc brakes.