Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Sunday is my Friday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning you sleeping beauties. Off to work for my last day still next Sunday. Hopefully will be quieter than yesterday. CBA to ride in as sore from yesterday's exploits at work and riding home. Hope you all have a nice quiet day chilling.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• Morning

Sunday is effectively my Monday. Off to the airport later to go to far flung places for a few days, and haven't packed yet.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,180
    'ning

long ride i think, this may involve more than one brekkie
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,701
    Morning, no mist/ fog this morning out on the bike shortly, out for lunch later
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    Nice long walk with the hound now waiting for the family to wake up so we can have a pig based breakfast

Then pack up the holiday home and head home to spend money in the local
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    ciao

just having coffee before heading out on the newly finished 1x. then chilling before watching us get destroyed by City.

ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    Strifey walked the hound so I had a lie in :) Hopefully not too much doing today as this week will be busy - have to fit a week's work into 4 days.

It s a bit odd as I got shot of the oil burner and got paid for it yesterday, but it's still parked just round the corner as they don't collect until this week coming.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Been a bit manic the last few days. Went to pick up a freshly painted door and boot lid for the Mini yesterday and the slight blow in the exhaust of the family motor suddenly got worse and was accompanied by other noises. Poxy rear silencer fell off. If only I knew someone in the motor trade that supplies exhausts.
    Enjoyed the rugby in a pub with the lad and our token Taff, one of them was very happy at the end.
    Fitting the door to the Mini is the main job for today, hopefully watch Italy play later.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Strifey walked the hound so I had a lie in :) Hopefully not too much doing today as this week will be busy - have to fit a week's work into 4 days.

Why not try doing a full week working first?!

Me sipping coffee anti emetic. Although, there is only so much coffee I can drink.
    Bit foggy, calm and mild here. Probably a perfect day for a winter ride... pity.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Me sipping coffee anti emetic. Although, there is only so much coffee I can drink.
    Bit foggy, calm and mild here. Probably a perfect day for a winter ride... pity.

Laters.
    That'd be easier but on Friday I have a prior engagement that I'd rather not reaarange, followed by flying lessons :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Laters.
    That'd be easier but on Friday I have a prior engagement that I'd rather not reaarange, followed by flying lessons :wink:

That wasn't what I meant :D
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    I'm mortally offended that you might be questioning my work ethic. Although somebody once told me that ethics was a county next to Hertfordshire.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

...near Angliru.
    W - Wiggle Honda

• Spectacofabulistic day. Not a hint of a cloud to be seen anywhere all day, light breeze, mid 20s.

Took visitors to airport and waved goodbye, not a moment too soon. Lovely to see them, even better to see the back of them! Afternoon of alternative DIY - "Deconstruct It Yourself" in this case. We've got work to be done on the spare rooms, and have to strip *everything* out, including wardrobes and carpets.
    Fish and visitors have one thing in common: After 3 days, they stink.
    W - Wiggle Honda

• pinno wrote:
    Tru dat
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,878
    pinno wrote:
    Tru dat
    D-4 and counting...

What a lovely ride out today, beautiful sunshine, loads of cyclists out and about, everyone friendly and welcoming. Uplifting and cheerful. Even forgot about the B-word.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,646
    Afternoon, cracking weather, found some new evil hills to play with on the edges of the Chilten's. Currently sat in the garden with some Hoegaarden while my legs twitch away.

Is it wrong I'm debating getting the BBQ out?
    step83 wrote:
    Afternoon, cracking weather, found some new evil hills to play with on the edges of the Chilten's. Currently sat in the garden with some Hoegaarden while my legs twitch away.

Only wrong in terms of that it is February and the weather is probably climate change related.
    Perhaps you could offset this activity by leaving some cat food out for the poor hedgehogs who are coming out of hibernation prematurely when there is not a lot of food for them.
    W - Wiggle Honda

That's not a bad idea, I have some I'll put out with some water, just lock the dog away she doesn't do anything just stares at them confused, shes not smart.
    step83 wrote:
    That's not a bad idea, I have some I'll put out with some water, just lock the dog away she doesn't do anything just stares at them confused, shes not smart.

I like the Easty commuter btw. Very aesthetic. The rest is just censored :D
    W - Wiggle Honda

pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:

I like the Easty commuter btw. Very aesthetic. The rest is just censored :D

Haha thanks, I had to replace the white one it sort of, died.

More beer and hog food has been deployed.
    step83 wrote:
    No hedgehogs here, but earlier on this evening I had to rescue a newt that was on the patio before the dog ate it.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:

Only wrong in terms of that it is February and the weather is probably climate change related.
    Perhaps you could offset this activity by leaving some cat food out for the poor hedgehogs who are coming out of hibernation prematurely when there is not a lot of food for them.

Are you by chance a member of a travelling community, linking BBQs and hedgehogs?
    ballysmate wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:

Are you by chance a member of a travelling community, linking BBQs and hedgehogs?

Last I checked the house wasn't mobile, an I don't do block paving for a living. Think I'm safe.
    step83 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:

Last I checked the house wasn't mobile, an I don't do block paving for a living. Think I'm safe.

What?! Don't you want a caravan with matching Periwinkle upholstery?
    W - Wiggle Honda

Overly floral upholstery, something that always causes my Nan's armchairs to spring to mind, along with the TV remote with big labels on the volume up and channel numbers.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Laters.

If only we knew someone who could chip the ecu. A forumite perhaps...
    ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Laters.

If only we knew someone who could chip the ecu. A forumite perhaps...
    There were plenty of chips on shoulders when I mentioned it in Cake Stop.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,878
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ah hah. Doing a spot of private charter for the premier league kickballer but no not commercial just a cost share honest guv little earner are we? Careful.
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ah hah. Doing a spot of private charter for the premier league kickballer but no not commercial just a cost share honest guv little earner are we? Careful.
    Talking of chips on shoulders... :D

Different type of flying, but you wouldn't like it anyway :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter