Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Saturday before anyone else is up

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning All. Off to work shortly for last shift till back end of next week. Dark and relatively warm outside for a change. Looks like I'm definitely car hunting whilst off as the repair has muted the dreaded BER beyond eco repair, bit surprised as mostly plastic that was damaged. Oh well. Big pig based breakfast to look forward to later and a bon jovi tribute concert to attend to keep OH happy. Enjoy the wkend All.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• sungodsungod Posts: 12,180
    'ning

another day in the big pineapple, ride, cafes, laze

mrs s dropping hints that a holiday, now, would be nice, that's now
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning

Parkrun (officiating) this morning, time trial this afternoon. Got a stinking cold so that will be fun.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,701
    Morning, dog walked, breakfast been and gone, shopping done, just having a drink before the 8:30 club run, what a lovely morning
    Have a good weekend
  • sungod wrote:
    'ning

another day in the big pineapple, ride, cafes, laze

mrs s dropping hints that a holiday, now, would be nice, that's now
    Didn’t realise you were in Queensland SG?

https://www.bigpineapple.com.au/
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    Off out shortly with the newly MOT'd oil burner to see what someone will pay me for it. I know the answer is not a lot but its a question of how little. Better now than when they're as good as banned from London.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,180

i like the 'big things', the big lobster is great, and you have plenty of room for them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    Lovely day if a little breezy.

Trying to off load (somewhat over energetic rugrats) so I can do other things.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    Trail run followed by parkrun with the wife, now off to a Presidents’ Day at the rugby club, going to messy
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 524
    Dog walked. And what a pleasurable opening statement. Now he's discovering the outside world I find myself getting out and talking to complete strangers in parks. Not in any sense I can't discuss with the wife....
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Sorting stuff out for trip to Amsterdam is the main thing to do today, various other bits of pottering as usual. Wife and I have got all our stuff into one bag, daughter has managed to fill the second bag on her own. :roll: Good news is that limits the amount of shopping that can be done. I'm not buying another suitcase.
    Big Harv wrote:
    ... talking to complete strangers in parks. Not in any sense I can't discuss with the wife....
    Give it time Harv and I'm sure that will come.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Sorting stuff out for trip to Amsterdam is the main thing to do today, various other bits of pottering as usual. Wife and I have got all our stuff into one bag, daughter has managed to fill the second bag on her own. :roll: Good news is that limits the amount of shopping that can be done. I'm not buying another suitcase.
    If you're going with wife and kid that'll limit the amount of window shopping you can do :P
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 524
    Ryanair is it? You're better off putting daughter in the bag. Or driving.. :?

Re parks, haven't ventured out after dark yet. Surely at this time of year it will be ok though??
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Ciao

Slightly pis4ed and getting sentimental with TDV. Old times, eh ..........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Big Harv wrote:
    Re parks, haven't ventured out after dark yet. Surely at this time of year it will be ok though??

Depends what you are looking for.
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • sungod wrote:

i like the 'big things', the big lobster is great, and you have plenty of room for them
    The road trip from Sydney to Noosa covers a few of them. The Big Oyster, The Big Banana, The Big Prawn, The Big Pineapple, and even for a while there was a Little Ayers Rock although it burnt down a while ago.

Plenty of space to be sure. A bit short on taste, perhaps.
    ...there was a Little Ayers Rock although it burnt down a while ago.

Papier mache is a sure way to replicate a rock steeped in history and local myth.
    W - Wiggle Honda

• MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    pinno wrote:

Papier mache is a sure way to replicate a rock steeped in history and local myth.

at least it unlikely to have a horde of w4nker back packers climbing all over it...
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    pinno wrote:

at least it unlikely to have a horde of w4nker back packers climbing all over it...
    ...unless it is a horde of midget w4nker back packers.
    W - Wiggle Honda

• crumbschiefcrumbschief Posts: 3,412
    pinno wrote:
    pinno wrote:

...unless it is a horde of midget w4nker back packers.

How about some Halfling w4nkin walkers.
    Yay it's CC. Wassup bloke?
    W - Wiggle Honda