New bike advice

arcothfc
arcothfc Posts: 11
edited February 2019 in Commuting general
Well my old carrera subway has finally given up the ghost after 5 years of faithful service :(:cry: . Now the big question is what do i get to replace it? have a budget of up to £800 and would like something lighter (knees aint what they used to be lol) , as hills in Edinburgh seem to be steeper now I'm in my mid 50s , able to handle road, and occasional muddy tracks,(some of the roads here fit that description :lol: )will mostly be used for commuting and weekend trips to the borders and surrounding country.Really drawn to the Cannondale Quick Disc 4 but not been able to find any reviews on it ? Would welcome any input and/or suggestions .

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have a look at the PX London road, they are a really nice frame, comfy yet really direct pedal feel.
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNFL ... -road-bike
    Lowest gear is a little taller than your current lowest so you need to be sure it will suite, a smaller chainring isn't expensive.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.