Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Taxing Tuesday.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,306
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Dark and damp outside and I currently have severe CBA syndrome as going in to work luckily it's my Friday, to a big pile of network and comm,s errors on a system that relays on them to operate. I'm guessing the night guy will have done absolutely sod all about it so I will be busy ducking and diving as well if I can. Enjoy your Tuesday folks as I enjoy my Friday.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,058
    Wish it was my Friday. Long day of meetings is about all today
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,729
    Morning, windy but mild so hopefully I can get in the garden for a few hours, the lawn needs sorting out, not whether to re turf certain areas or re seed, just having a coffee after dog walking,
    Have a good day
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,198
    'ning

more coffee, more cake, more webex, more train, plus de bier, plus de vin, plus de boeuf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,531
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

more coffee, more cake, more webex, more train, plus de bier, plus de vin, plus de boeuf
    That'll be my day minus the webex and train. Currently chilling with an Illy at City airport after scoffing down a good full English. Touch and go as to whether we'll get any skiing in today so we may just have to go straight into happy hour at the bar instead :)

Could do with a bit more sleep mind.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,306
    Quick update, night shift guy ukkin useless. Sorted issue in 20 mins by opening my eyes. Sending him to ukkin specsavers arghh
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,201
    Bah. Me fencing me. I'll try and cut it short as more shiny bits are arriving by post later.

It's bright at least.

Oh, we should start the 101 excuses for Hoppy so that he can get out of going to Florida. It would be of great assistance to him.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,664
    Morning, fun filled meetings today talking about planes trains and automobiles.
    Being roped into some office revamp later someone seems to have worked out I did IT stuff so I've been volunteered/conscripted so god knows what this will entail a fair bit of the kits old now so maybe I can blag some shiny toys?
    Anyway coffee brewing awaits LBS had some new blend from Union in so I'm going to see what that's like.

Rate its going we can use the US Shutdown to bulk out the excuses for Hoppy as well.
  • cyclecliniccycleclinic Posts: 6,863
    Nice ride in this morning. If only the weather was going to stay like this. Now to answer some emails pack some mail order and build some wheels.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,894
    Today will be enforced do nothing. Latest jab in the eye yesterday peaked at #2 in the bad after effects table, is iodine traces lingering in there and escaping the wash out, so imagine if you like how it feels after the anaesthetic wears off. Not a pleasant 10 hours until I finally fell asleep. Upside is the bad eye continues to improve, slowly if not surely.

So confined indoors today, gonna get boring...
  • 19 years ago to this day I married the love of my life, and she's still here putting up with me :D

19 years ago last night I didn't get much sleep as I had butterflies, last night I got very little either because a f***ing massive Owl took up residence in the trees across from our house.

Family dinner out tonight preceded (hopefully) by a run.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • No idea, I'm at work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • 'Noon
    Went for a long run this morning as the forecast is for rain later. Thinking of doing a half marathon to get it out of my system.
    About to go in search of food before a webex thing, followed by some shouting about some trees.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,198
    'noon

train delayed due to ananas dans la catenary or something, check-in switched me to a delayed earlier train, which left 90 minutes late, but 30 mins before my normal train

now i am surrounded by the grumpy late, but shall arrive early, and i had lunch, some wine, and a biccie, huzzah!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    'Noon
    Went for a long run this morning as the forecast is for rain later. Thinking of doing a half marathon to get it out of my system.
    Do it!
    step83 wrote:
    Is the owl still there?
    No, the wife is though ;)
    Webexing reminds me, pet hate is the one person who insists on eating during a webex, usually the one who has a phone handsfree kit plugged in so the mic is at perfect level to hear exactly what is going on.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,201
    19 years ago to this day I married the love of my life, and she's still here putting up with me :D

19 years ago last night I didn't get much sleep as I had butterflies, last night I got very little either because a f***ing massive Owl took up residence in the trees across from our house.

Family dinner out tonight preceded (hopefully) by a run.

Is it a European Eagle Owl? They're moving in.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5PpfCNS46oEhRv1PY6_DNTLGItHGcOpA7roYxHh2N6R9Q4dGZ
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,449
    I like an owl.

Deadlines all hit. I can't even celebrate with beer. Well, I'm having one of the alkoholfrei weissbiers, which is a nice enough drink I suppose.

Did you get any time on the slopes today Stevo? I spent a nice 5 days in Chamonix/Argentiere a good few years ago. I spent half a day with an instructor learning to carve turns properly. I love skiing.
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 3,807
    Apt title considering I received a welcome communication from HMRC today.

Work is meh and I’m looking for an out as life is too short
    And God created the bicycle, so that man could use it as a means for work and to help him negotiate life's complicated journey.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,531
    hopkinb wrote:
    I like an owl.

Deadlines all hit. I can't even celebrate with beer. Well, I'm having one of the alkoholfrei weissbiers, which is a nice enough drink I suppose.

Did you get any time on the slopes today Stevo? I spent a nice 5 days in Chamonix/Argentiere a good few years ago. I spent half a day with an instructor learning to carve turns properly. I love skiing.
    Nope, we hit the bar instead :) Will get a full day in tomorrow as long as I don't sleep through the alarm. Chamonix/Argentiere is awesome: even the views are inspiring.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]