Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Moaning Monday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,332
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning Slackers, just about had some sleep with the wind moaning all night. Work today sadly, then possibly entertain tyre kicker looking to buy eldest,s car if they turns up. Windy on it reasonably mild outdoors at the minute, enjoy your day folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,740
    Morning, we have a strong wind here this morning as well, Tigger needs taking to the vets today his yearly check up and inoculations, just having a nice cuppa whilst listening to the new radio 2 breakfast presenter, must say she is better than Chris Evans ,after the first ten minutes
    Have a good day
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,206
    'ning

quaff coffee and drugs to conquer fuggid virus, webex with middle east where metal will rule in my master scheme, early bail i think
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,586
    Not too much moaning as today is my Friday. Looks like the snow is due to stop today so we may get a bit of powder on the piste.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,740
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not too much moaning as today is my Friday. Looks like the snow is due to stop today so we may get a bit of powder on the piste.

Enjoy Stevo, where abouts are you going ?
  • Clones off to school, Mrs DHL off to the gym, daylight has arrived so quick ride into work before the traffic builds up.
  • Moaning

Woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep until just before my alarm went off.
    Had a good bike ride into the office and because I was running late it was light when I arrived :)
    Back to shorts and ss jerseys for riding too - until the snow comes at the weekend anyway.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,220
    ...she is better than Chris Evans ,after the first ten minutes
    Have a good day

Funny that, it suddenly twigged when listening to R2 on the school run that Chris Evans wasn't on holiday. Couldn't stand CE. There was always a bit of needle/arrogance about him and some of his comments were borderline digs. If only they got rid of Steve Wright and Jeremy Vine.
    I like wots their faces?... Craig Charles/Patrick Kielty when they step in for banal Steve 'Daily Mail' on the radio Wright.
    (One B too many).

Cool here. Wind has obviously moved south. Must get on chasing loose ends and re-felting a shed roof.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Enjoy Stevo, where abouts are you going ?
    Chamonix. Will pop over to Argentiere as well as that's where the trickier piste stuff is. Not going off piste as there been a massive amount of snow and the avalanche risk is at 4/5 currently.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,067
    WFH as my car is being serviced - meant a hard 9 mile ride into a headwind, I miss the summer
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,668
    Unseasonably warm today, blaming Mexican's and Chinese imported weather or some nonsense. Not windy really either in this part of the south.

Quiet day of doing not much. Next week start to get some plans in order for the seasons logistics can submit costs, well partially the US shutdown means I cant actually get a decent cost at the moment, for that I'll blame Brexit.

Coffee supplies are low so going to roll round to a shop shortly and pick up some beans.
  • Working from work today, managed a run this morning despite the effects of Gin and Tonic.

Playing mixed doubles badminton tonight, should be a laugh unless people start being serious about it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Afternoon,

Appraisal today, still employed. Hazzarh! Rest day today, no bikes and probably some sleep
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,318 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day here, only had 2 cups of tea so far. Dropped the boy back up to Brum yesterday, saw an AMG that was even more of a Panzer than the one Stevo's getting. Black G wagon, very noisy but so big and heavy it still couldn't go very fast. We just burst out laughing as it went by.
    Well done HM, was the suit purchase worthwhile?
    Going to see the old dear tonight as my sister is over and we are trying to get things sorted. Out tomorrow and Wednesday, woohoo!
    Onwards and upwards...
    Suit purchase was extremely worthwhile, but that was for a fund AGM last week which I am being promoted into. Sat next to a guy from a private bank in a rolex which I didn't particularly like though so it sort of took my mind off the proceedings...
  • pinno wrote:
    ...she is better than Chris Evans ,after the first ten minutes
    Have a good day

Funny that, it suddenly twigged when listening to R2 on the school run that Chris Evans wasn't on holiday. Couldn't stand CE. There was always a bit of needle/arrogance about him and some of his comments were borderline digs. If only they got rid of Steve Wright and Jeremy Vine.
    I like wots their faces?... Craig Charles/Patrick Kielty when they step in for banal Steve 'Daily Mail' on the radio Wright.
    (One B too many).

Cool here. Wind has obviously moved south. Must get on chasing loose ends and re-felting a shed roof.

Laters.
    Felt on mine has gone but the wood is rotten. I'm leaving it in the hope the dry weather persists until April when it will be warm enough for me to replace the roof. I can't be arsed to fix it if i'm replacing but might have to bodge something if it decides to rain.
    veronese68 wrote:
    Dropped the boy back up to Brum yesterday, saw an AMG that was even more of a Panzer than the one Stevo's getting. Black G wagon, very noisy but so big and heavy it still couldn't go very fast. We just burst out laughing as it went by.
    All a G-Wagon is missing is a gun barrel.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• Woo, just check the weather for my holls and it's forecast snow for the full week before we arrive!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
    Looking snowy in La Rossiere for 2 weeks time too
    I'd be surprised if anywhere in the Alps was short of snow for the next few weeks. Quite relieve that the road up to our resort isn't blocked.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Was booking races so the wife took control of the remote - Jesus isn’t cold feet boring and predictable
    tlw1 wrote:
    Was booking races so the wife took control of the remote - Jesus isn’t cold feet boring and predictable
    So what's new?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    So what's new?
    :D
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,455
    Enjoy skiing Stevo. I've just had a tax bill for ~ 6.5k, as unbeknownst to me, Mrs H3 has been claiming child allowance, despite me telling her to stop more than 5 years ago when they pulled it if you earn too much. I foresee death disease visiting Mrs H3.

To compound the misery, I'm just back from work. Going to be some training required for minion.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Enjoy skiing Stevo. I've just had a tax bill for ~ 6.5k, as unbeknownst to me, Mrs H3 has been claiming child allowance, despite me telling her to stop more than 5 years ago when they pulled it if you earn too much. I foresee death disease visiting Mrs H3.

To compound the misery, I'm just back from work. Going to be some training required for minion.
    Thanks H.

It takes a bit of time to get minions fully compliant - when I started the job I didn't take a days holiday until I'd been there for 7 months. Whoops on the tax return but that's not your fault. Send her the bill...

Now sipping plonk in a hotel as I CBA to get up at stupid o'clock to catch a flight.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

I've only had the Christmas office closure off. What took me on my own 2 days, has taken her 3, and me a day to sort it out, and I've only asked her to look at UK. Bringing in emea, and especially our troublesome Swedish operations will make her explode, but it'll have to be done. I can't be arsed with reporting, I'll review it, but I'm not doing it.
    Grumble grumble, can't drink, can't go skiiing. I'm so tempted to pull Florida, but she's headed that off by borrowing off her mum to pay her tax bill. Grumble. I might go and spoff a monkey at some east end strip later this week. Though, seeing as I'll be sober, I'll probably not...
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,220
    2014/2016 £20.70 x 52 £1,076.40
    2015/2016 £20.70 x 52 £1,076.40
    2014/2015 £20.50 x 52 £1,066.00
    2013/2014 £20.30 x 52 £1,055.60
    2012/2013 £20.30 x 52 £1,055.60

Total:......................£5,330.00

Something like that?

Say you can no longer afford Florida 'cos you have to pay the MIL back.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    Time to forget about tax for a few days - but it's still way too early, especially as some utter twats woke me up at 2.30am making loads of noise. Think I'll have a kip on the plane.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter