Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,598
    sooooooo ill. want to die. never again.

:lol: I said that when i was around 21, nearly 40 years on and I never have.

Last day of freedom for me, back in tomorrow for a round of 'same bull-poo, different year'. Not a bad place to work or job apart from that, (like a lot of jobs I realise). Out for a walk this morning, and cooking dinner for visiting family.

The older I get, the better I was.

• oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,705
    Oh Dear MF did it get messy in the mess then. Come on we want the dirty details, pics if suitable as well.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,587
    Been for an early morning ride. 2nd best time on a TT course...out of 2 attempts.
    Roads are damp and greasy and horrible for some reason, I think it's the leftovers from the gritting.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Bit tired, taxi duty for Stropteen made for a late finish last night. Poured myself a nice glass of port when I got back to try to compensate.

Today is various including checking ski kit is all in order for next week. Mrs. 666 has just announced she want to get the study (converted box bedroom) refurbed. Have to say I agree and she even wants to project manage it. May have to make sure she stays withing the bounds of taste though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,707
    'Project manage' a box room? FFS. You live in Bromley, not bloody Surrey.

Bit dull here. Coughing up unique organisms, though it could be part of one big organism. Bit of wiring to do.
    Sauna for me, soft play area for the girls.

Just for you MF:

giphy.gif
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    Pinno wrote:
    Glad of it too.

It's a small project but it'll keep her occupied.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,418
    WTF is a "box room"?

I rode two bikes today, not very far for either but nice to give them a run for a change. One of them was so shocked at being used it needed a nice lie down...

32754318158_6e1f130a39_k.jpg
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,774
    had a ride, made the mistake of going north of the marylebone road, which seemed to be a land of roadworks, temporary traffic lights and idiots stepping out in front of me

couple of cafe stops, ended with a substantial portion of salmon and avocado on sourdough toast, nom
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    Pinno wrote:

Bit dull here. Coughing up unique organisms, though it could be part of one big organism. Bit of wiring to do.

Just for you MF:

giphy.gif
    i think contemplating pineapple might help him
    562c739430311828ea162368ea624e8a.gif
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,137
    My first ride in six months

I wouldn’t even class my fitness as feeble, it’s far worse that that

Some serious hours are required
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
    WTF is a "box room"?
    A small one, in UK speak.
    From memory it's a room big enough for a single bed but you can't swing a cat in it. Basically most modern houses have them and it's called a small bedroom apparently.
    oxoman wrote:
    From memory it's a room big enough for a single bed but you can't swing a cat in it. Basically most modern houses have them and it's called a small bedroom apparently.
    I can touch both walls with my arms stretched - it's 2.6m x 1.8m, give or take. The estate agent was taking the wee wee a bit describing it as a bedroom, especially when it was already fitted with desk and shelves when we bought it.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Just for you MF:

giphy.gif
    i think contemplating pineapple might help him
    562c739430311828ea162368ea624e8a.gif

You bastards. :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    oxoman wrote:
    Oh Dear MF did it get messy in the mess then. Come on we want the dirty details, pics if suitable as well.

Finished at 4. Some bloke left his 6 o'clock alarm on.

Think I'm dying. The front part of my brain is trying to escape by drilling through my forehead.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    MF I feel your pain. NOT. Self inflicted wound. Steve I remember a few years ago they started building the bed platform in, as normal beds wouldn't fit because they built them over the stairs. Latest trend is 3 storeys with living room on the middle floor and the furniture has to go through a dodgy balcony type thing. Glad I live in an old house with decent sized rooms.
    oxoman wrote:
    MF I feel your pain. NOT. Self inflicted wound. Steve I remember a few years ago they started building the bed platform in, as normal beds wouldn't fit because they built them over the stairs. Latest trend is 3 storeys with living room on the middle floor and the furniture has to go through a dodgy balcony type thing. Glad I live in an old house with decent sized rooms.
    The house is OK for room size but rather than put 4 reasonable sized bedrooms and a bathroom in they divvied the upstairs into 5 bedrooms plus a bathroom, so two of the bedrooms are quite small. The smallest one is fine for a study though, so no worries really.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,046
    oxoman wrote:

Think I'm dying. The front part of my brain is trying to escape by drilling through my forehead.
    Man up
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Man up

Or drink up, but that way it never really ends, it's just deferred. Though you could probably get hold of 10 mg diazepam, a wee little bluey, and stave off the horrors that way.

Fcken work tomorrow. Folding shirts. Fck.

Soul II Soul.
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Man up

Or drink up, but that way it never really ends, it's just deferred. Though you could probably get hold of 10 mg diazepam, a wee little bluey, and stave off the horrors that way.

Fcken work tomorrow. Folding shirts. Fck.

Soul II Soul.

think i'm dying. every part of me is broken and I can't see properly. fuggit, i'm canulating myself and getting some fluids in. Gin may work best I think.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Evening, somewhat knackered went for what was supposed to be a gentle 65K using the "flat route" just over 1400m of climbing is not gentle! oh so achy, plenty of pain in the muscle just above my left knee currently googling hydraulic pistons to replace the legs.
    Very little else done today, going to hide on the sofa for the rest of the evening, likely the same plan as MF
    think i'm dying. every part of me is broken and I can't see properly. fuggit, i'm canulating myself and getting some fluids in. Gin may work best I think.
    ffs, gin? you'll get gangrene, or, worse, turn into a beardy hipster

any fule kno only polish pure spirit is suitable for iv, spirytus rektyfikowany, also makes a lovely shot at -20
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,046
    sungod wrote:
    ffs, gin? you'll get gangrene, or, worse, turn into a beardy hipster

any fule kno only polish pure spirit is suitable for iv, spirytus rektyfikowany, also makes a lovely shot at -20
    Or cider
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,707
    hopkinb wrote:
    Soul II Soul.

...back to life, back to reality...

I have the 12" of that and 'Keep on moving'. on vinyl.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!