Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Just Saturday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Work, well I'm attending if that counts. Dark and warmish outside.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• Iya

Not that warm here yet.
    Off to parkrun, but to point and shout at people. Excuse for a bike ride to get there.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    Got a cross country race on at lunchtime, so this morning is chilling and resting my legs.

Later will be fluid recovery :)
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,180
    'ning

off for a chilly ride, followed by many calories
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,701
    Morning, colder definitely colder , club ride at 9 o’clock best get ready
    Have a good weekend
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 524
    Morning, off into Britain's Oldest Recorded for some bits 'n bobs and a haircut. Will turn a pedal later I think.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
    Wimps. Yesterday was cold at minus 3 today it's positively balmy at plus 3.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,646
    -3, boilers failed again, logs to be lugged an burnt. Plus side I currently don't actually need a fridge
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    'Just' ! No pineapple or napalm... coffee...? 15-20 word precis. I fully endorse shirking but this is getting ridiculous.

I don't know what's becoming of this place.

I'm off on a run a today. Yep you heard it here. I'm off for a run into the sticks to collect wood in the van.
    Taking Tricky with me. She's gorgeous, gorgeous but gorgeous comes at a hell of a price. I will always wonder if I would have preferred a less complicated daughter but butt ugly.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,878
    Pedal free day, unless the turbo gets dragged back out.

Consultant who I saw yesterday about my dodgy shoulder endorsed chiropractor's suggestion for extended exercise regime involving weights and swimming. Latter this afternoon; nearest town has a brand new pool, will choose a lane swimming session to avoid hordes of noisy weans weeing in the water. Though with a more elderly set of swimmers... choices, choices.

In meantime, to the jungle for more clearance work.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    Morning workers, runners and shirkers (I think that covers everyone),

Decent lie in. Got a few jobs to do and the plumber coming round to fix the shower. This afternoon I have to pop round to the local ski emporium now they've sorted the blunt edges and corduroy pattern bases on my skis - countdown is progressing :)

Luckily Stropteen is too busy to drag me out looking at cars.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,637
    Long lunch at home today with visiting friends. Had a nap in the late afternoon sun after they left, and then started back on more wine.

No complaints. :)
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Slightly foggy head this morning after the quiet drink at the neighbours. Not up to TLW’s standards of course. Bit of pottering done, fixed a couple of things on the Mini and in the house. Chilling with a cup of tea before starting on other odd jobs.
    Not as good as Spinner’s day, might still have a nap though.
    orraloon wrote:
    ...to avoid hordes of noisy weans weeing in the water. Though with a more elderly set of swimmers... choices, choices.

Elderly seepage or toots seepage?

At least that's what I think you are trying to say.
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    at a mess function. hate mess dress. has anyone got a pair of board shorts and a t shirt I can borrow?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    Does your mess have stupid traditions?
    ballysmate wrote:

It's in Wales.
    W - Wiggle Honda

pinno wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:

It's in Wales.
    Less of a tradition than a soggy principality with a sheep fetish.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    'Principality'? ROFL. Nah - Mordor.
    W - Wiggle Honda

pinno wrote:
    Reminds me of this old chestnut (aopologies to Wheelspinner):
    The Australian Prime Minister flies to England for a meeting with the Queen. Over a cup of tea, the PM brings up his grand new plan for his country. ‘Your Majesty, mate,’ he begins. ‘Can we turn Australia into a kingdom, in order to increase our role in the global economy?’ The Queen shakes her head and replies, ‘One needs a king for a kingdom, and unfortunately you are most certainly not a king.’ Not to be dissuaded, the politician asks, ‘Would it be possible to transform Australia into an empire, then?’ ‘No,’ replies the Queen. ‘For an empire you need an emperor, and you are most certainly not an emperor.’ The PM thinks for a moment and then asks if it’s possible to turn Australia into a principality. The Queen replies, ‘For a principality, you need a prince – and you are not a prince.’ Pausing for a sip of her tea, Her Majesty then adds: ‘I don’t mean to appear rude, but having met both you and several other Australians, I think Australia is perfectly suited as a country.’
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

[Insert thumbs up icon]
    W - Wiggle Honda

• WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,637
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    The Australian Prime Minister flies to England for a meeting with the Queen. Over a cup of tea, the PM brings up his grand new plan for his country. ‘Your Majesty, mate,’ he begins. ‘Can we turn Australia into a kingdom, in order to increase our role in the global economy?’ The Queen shakes her head and replies, ‘One needs a king for a kingdom, and unfortunately you are most certainly not a king.’ Not to be dissuaded, the politician asks, ‘Would it be possible to transform Australia into an empire, then?’ ‘No,’ replies the Queen. ‘For an empire you need an emperor, and you are most certainly not an emperor.’ The PM thinks for a moment and then asks if it’s possible to turn Australia into a principality. The Queen replies, ‘For a principality, you need a prince – and you are not a prince.’ Pausing for a sip of her tea, Her Majesty then adds: ‘I don’t mean to appear rude, but having met both you and several other Australians, I think Australia is perfectly suited as a country.’
    Wasn't it [telling] a variation of that joke that got Kenny Everett banned from the BBC?

"Once, England was an empire, ruled by an Emperor. Then it was a Kingdom, ruled by a King. Now it's a country, ruled by... Maggie Thatcher."
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Wasn't it [telling] a variation of that joke that got Kenny Everett banned from the BBC?

"Once, England was an empire, ruled by an Emperor. Then it was a Kingdom, ruled by a King. Now it's a country, ruled by... Maggie Thatcher."
    Well remembered WS - I never knew that!
    https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110804114904AAeUzy0&guccounter=1
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

...but didn't Kenny Everett put on some oversized polystyrene hands at a Tory conference?

Hang on...

'Let's bomb Russia'

kenny-everett.jpg
    W - Wiggle Honda

One hell of a funny guy went way to early. Suspect he might of been gagged permanently at the BBC had he been still around. Can't we clone him like dolly the sheep.
    oxoman wrote:
    One hell of a funny guy went way to early. Suspect he might of been gagged permanently at the BBC had he been still around. Can't we clone him like dolly the sheep.

I thought he was a [email protected]
    W - Wiggle Honda

He was. But just a funny one in a time of shite