Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

First Thursday of 2019

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,721
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Chilling, bimble on bike and very dark outside enjoy.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Morning, I signed in yesterday to see if anyone had a Garmin for sale in the ad section and saw I had a PM from November. I have been slacking, I'll try to change that as my new years resolution...

Went for a ride yesterday, it was minus 7.5 minimum and my beard froze. Sitting in the officenow, first day back.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    Morning
    Park+Run to work this just for a change. Quite mild (well, +1°C), probably because I'd dressed to go to the north pole.
    Computer's stuck in an endless update loop this so can't see it being a very productive day.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Same as yesterday. Kid wrangling while Mrs H3 is at work.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , cold and frosty here, but it looks like we might see some sunshine, or at least blue skies, I could really do to spend some time in the garden , the conservatory roof needs cleaning but I might just go for a ride :)
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Morning, cold (car beeped to inform me if was only 3.5c) Drove in as car needs new tyres. Very quiet again here I think most took this week off which in hindsight would of been a smart idea.

Todays plan
    Read news
    coffee
    More reading
    Tyres
    Shop for packable emergency jacket thing
    nap
    go home
    eat
    pub

Considering I'm yawning already I may insert more naps.

Hayden I have an Edge 800 lurking around if its any interest
    Step83 wrote:
    Hayden I have an Edge 800 lurking around if its any interest

Sounds tempting, I'll PM you in a bit once I've done some research. I'm planning some long multi day stuff again this year, I think I can charge my Forerunner watch during an activity but I really need something with a proper mapping function. I also need new cheap wheels for the Genesis as the gravel tyres are tubeless and too much faff to switch, don't fancy 600km on the Argon yet
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,737
    HaydenM wrote:
    ...my beard...

A proper lumberjack!

Mild and a bit foggy this morning. I don't know what the weather is doing.
    Might go collecting wood. Might not. I did not sleep well. Perhaps 10 coffees can lift me out of this slumber.

Laters (if I can be bothered)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Pinno wrote:
    A proper lumberjack!
    ...and he's OK?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • working, finally escaped christmas.
    Started growing my beard about the same time I must have stopped coming on the forum actually...
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,737
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    A proper lumberjack!
    ...and he's OK?

He has buttered scones for tea.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    A proper lumberjack!
    ...and he's OK?

But did he go shopping yesterday?

(Fyi make the most of this before the PC brigade have the song banned).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,665 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Managed to wobble in to work today, very slowly I might add. Stopped for a coffee then bumped into a colleague that was walking in so had a bit of a chat and put the world to rights. Now fighting computers and trying to order stuff.
    HM woke up, thought he'd gone into hibernation. At -7.5 it seems like a good idea to me. Hope all is well. Are you just like your dear papa?
    Might go and have some lunch shortly.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,056
    Jesus is it still only lunch - censored time is going a lot slower than it did last week
  • Hello internet! 2nd day back at work, day one consisted of a mad dash to site meeting as a client changed stuffs.

How is everyone, fatter? To be expected but now I have less than 100 days to train up for 26.2 miles of runnering. The upside of that is that 13 of those days will be spent hurtling down mountains with planks on my feet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Hello internet! 2nd day back at work, day one consisted of a mad dash to site meeting as a client changed stuffs.

How is everyone, fatter? To be expected but now I have less than 100 days to train up for 26.2 miles of runnering. The upside of that is that 13 of those days will be spent hurtling down mountains with planks on my feet.
    too tight for pedals?
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,970
    Thursday is mainly skipping, jumping and pressing wild flowers, or rather pressing loads of ground ivy into large bags to haul away for burning. Might cut down a tree later, unless the feminine clothing gets in the way. Dry weather, dry ground, crack on with clearing a further patch of the inherited overgrown jungle.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    A proper lumberjack!
    ...and he's OK?

I reckon he's been to the lavatory a few times.
    Hello internet! 2nd day back at work, day one consisted of a mad dash to site meeting as a client changed stuffs.

How hard can it be?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,721
    Homer, you'll manage. I've got double the time and half the distance all be it twice. And packing extra like most other BBers after Christmas.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • I'm hoping so, entered with a mate and we're both about as rubbish as each other so should be some fun along the way.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    A proper lumberjack!
    ...and he's OK?

(Fyi make the most of this before the PC brigade have the song banned).

Au contraire. We now embrace gender fluidity and celebrate our (well not mine obviously) feminine sides.
    I'm hoping so, entered with a mate and we're both about as rubbish as each other so should be some fun along the way.
    So as long as you beat him..... remember the quicker you are the easier it is
    I'm hoping so, entered with a mate and we're both about as rubbish as each other so should be some fun along the way.
    Skiing must count as training, as.long as you don't get legless every night.
    I've just come back from the panto at Wimbledon theatre. Paul merton was excellent as widow twankey.
    hopkinb wrote:
    I've just come back from the panto at Wimbledon theatre. Paul merton was excellent as widow twankey.
    Somehow you're not making us jealous hoppy :)

Just been to a new minions joining drinks where naturally I had to get the first round in. Tired now but WFH tomorrow.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Just been to a new minions joining drinks where naturally I had to get the first round in. Tired now but WFH tomorrow.

I thought I'd hate every second, but there was eye candy, plus Merton doing the music hall style schtick that every panto needs.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I thought I'd hate every second, but there was eye candy, plus Merton doing the music hall style schtick that every panto needs.
    Fair enough, I once volunteered to go to a panto on the basis that Linda Lusardi was in it.