Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

The Saturday madness before Christmas.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,721
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning All. Last day at work today, leaving the OH and eldest to do the food shopping. :lol: saves me getting stressed out. Just a tad damp outside after last night's deluge. Dog is going in the oven later if I catch it, woke me up several times in the night wanting attention :( . Eldest will also be buried up the garden as its his fault and technically his dog. Otherwise all good. Enjoy the pre Christmas madness.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, we are going to do the shopping in a few minutes, just finishing my cuppa , dog already walked, at least it’s fine at the moment
    All being well I will make the 9am meet for the weekly ride
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,056
    All feeling below par with a Christmas cold so parkrunnis cancelled. Think the wife has sorted everything for Christmas bar the eldest suit - so they can enjoy the hell of town.

Later is out with friends
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    Contemplating parkrun but don't think I can be bothered cleaning my bike again after riding there and back.
    The In laws are coming over to visit today, girlfriend has planned an action packed day for them.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    'ning

ridey, coffee, mincey pie

dry here, sunrise still some way off
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    morning

just having coffee and panettone then - shock! horror! going out for a ride.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    TLW1 wrote:
    All feeling below par with a Christmas cold so parkrunnis cancelled. Think the wife has sorted everything for Christmas bar the eldest suit - so they can enjoy the hell of town.

Later is out with friends
    Turns out we are doing the parkrun - but at the wife’s pace so no first place this week for my age :(
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,737
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...so no first place this week.[/size]

Ha ha. I see what you did there.

It's dry. Skies are clearish.

Coffee, rolleree but no mincey pie for me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    TLW1 wrote:
    Turns out we are doing the parkrun - but at the wife’s pace so no first place this week for my age :(
    You could offer to marshall if you didn't want to embarrass yourself, or take the dog and be the one at the back telling them all to stop chatting and get a move on.
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
    TLW1 wrote:
    You could offer to marshall if you didn't want to embarrass yourself, or take the dog and be the one at the back telling them all to stop chatting and get a move on.

Oh, marshalling is great, done it myself for local bike races. You get to shout all the cliches like "dig deep" and "tap out a rythym" to some poor suffering wretch.

Much strangeness on my BR account 1st thing. Love thy neighbor etc...
    i just vomited on myself during my bike ride for no reason at all - steady pace on the flat. it wasn't the nicest vomit ever but it cleared the pipes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    now i am having a christmas haircut to see what i can come up with for the special day.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning all.
    Having a cider and contemplating yard chores. Maybe mow the lawn later if it dries up enough. By that I mean Mrs BBGeek will mow the lawn whilst I shout encouragement.
    And that’s about it.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
    now i am having a christmas haircut to see what i can come up with for the special day.

well, that looks special.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Strifey has done a list of jobs for me to do, including a present for the dog :roll:

However priority number one is to get my skis down to the local ski emporium to get the edges and bases done - counting down now 8) Cider may feature, but maybe not as early as for BBG.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512

Pictures? Avoiding the face obv due to national security etc.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,721
    Just had an offer I can't refuse. Gin Wisky or Vodka from a very nice company. Rude to refuse I thought. Not cheap rubbish either.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    Big Harv wrote:

I'm imagining something like this:

120620jim-carrey1.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...so no first place this week.[/size]

Ha ha. I see what you did there
    Well even less mucks were given at home for the result!
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

I'm imagining something like this:

120620jim-carrey1.jpg

the sides of mine are slightly less level and of different thicknesses....

it'll be fine. I'll just wear a hat.

i'll see if i can sort a piccie.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • diamonddogdiamonddog Posts: 3,420
    Lovely, warm and sunny here as usual, everything done for Crimblemas, unfortunately no riding for me as the old lungs are acting up but hey there's always tomorrow.
    diamonddog wrote:
    Lovely, warm and sunny here as usual, everything done for Crimblemas, unfortunately no riding for me as the old lungs are acting up but hey there's always tomorrow.

just claim that you allegedly have asthma then take huge and massive amounts of salbutamol then deny that you ever did anything that might break any rules and you'll be fine.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    censored - 4 hrs after meeting friends in town it has gone very wrong, fun though
  • TLW1 wrote:
    censored - 4 hrs after meeting friends in town it has gone very wrong, fun though
    Come home with the “wrong” wife?
    Ecrasez l’infame
    keys in fruit bowl shenanigans again?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Trip to A&E to deal with a freak 'gardening accident'?
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Trip to A&E to deal with a freak 'gardening accident'?
    Not yet, still time though
  • Haircut in the morning, fluids on the car, lunch then got the cases out of the loft for ten days at the outlaws. Disaster, washing machine decided to leak all over the kitchen floor. Spent the afternoon soaking up, fault finding, cleaning clagg and testing. Hopefully is ok as I really don't want to buy the wife a new washing machine until valentine's Day.
    I really don't want to buy the wife a new washing machine until valentine's Day.

Fair enough really. Although you don't want it to break down at all. If it does, buy her a washing board and a mangle and then get her a Hair dryer for Valentine's day instead. It's cheaper than a washing machine.
    Haircut in the morning, fluids on the car, lunch then got the cases out of the loft for ten days at the outlaws. Disaster, washing machine decided to leak all over the kitchen floor. Spent the afternoon soaking up, fault finding, cleaning clagg and testing. Hopefully is ok as I really don't want to buy the wife a new washing machine until valentine's Day.

is your haircut as good as mine?

and don't worry about buying her a washing machine. TDV is getting some jump leads.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    TDV is getting some jump leads.

...which she (if she has any sense and she does) will use on you.

I did say to her that this was the only way.