Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Midweek Sunday for me.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,239
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning, Stuck at work today. However it's my midweek already as off for 2 wks come monday evening. Managed to wobble in after last night's Xmas party, eldest will be a bit fragile I suspect :lol:
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,408
    Today won’t start with beer for breakfast! Need to collect the car from town and then over to my parents to collect the kids. The rest of the day is undecided
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,138
    Had a lie in (or couldn't be bothered getting up).
    Girlfriend has gone out so got some peace and quiet. Could do with fixing some bikes, and riding some bikes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,537
    I could do with a wobble but first I have to solve the 1 toot bouncing off the wall and 1 toot slightly off colour conundrum...
    Meanwhile Mrs P is 'a little fragile'.

Bollox.

It's chilly but sunny.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 45,350
    Currently trying to help Stropteen with her Chemistry homework and dredging the memory banks from when I studied it. Hopefully will be able to avoid a few jobs later on when Mrs. 666 is back.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Afternoon degenerates.
    Xmas party in November? Shocked, I am.
    Stevo, just wibble on about covalent bonds. Job done. I loved chemistry at school and would have enjoyed studying it further had I not left to get a job :D. Could have made a fortune making MDMA, but hey ho.
    Day of pottering and stuff so mundane I won’t go into detail. On the plus side, the bar has been open for a couple of hours. Work am tomorrow then a funeral in the pm.
    Have a nice day.
    Ecrasez l’infame
    Stevo, just wibble on about covalent bonds. Job done. I loved chemistry at school and would have enjoyed studying it further had I not left to get a job :D. Could have made a fortune making MDMA, but hey ho.
    Good guess BBG, I'm about to exactly that - and ionic bonds. Just reading her online study stuff and its all coming back (I did a bloody degree in chemistry so I should be able to remember something).
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,064 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Feeling a tad worse for wear after being out in Wombledon with school friends last night. Lying low is definitely the order of the day.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,044
    Afternoon people,

Full of some grot ive picked up spent most of Friday night an Saturday trying to eject my lungs via my mouth thus far it has failed, all I've managed is to put my back out
    Dog is making a great heated footrest though. Annoyingly I'm surrounded by bike goodies which I'm in no fit state to fit, OH is keeping the wood burner fed with some seasoned Oak. Reminds me need to order some more Fir for next winter. Something for when I'm not Ebola ridden.

Stevo, I kind of miss doing that at school, our teacher (Mr Trotter) had Mercury in one of his fingers and was forever showing us how to make explosives. Always a fun testing out things.
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo, I kind of miss doing that at school, our teacher (Mr Trotter) had Mercury in one of his fingers and was forever showing us how to make explosives. Always a fun testing out things.
    T'was good fun. I liked the illegal pyrotechnics and the practical joke opportunities :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,138
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    T'was good fun. I liked the illegal pyrotechnics and the practical joke opportunities :)
    I missed out on this by choosing physics instead, I don't recall a single demonstration/experiment working for our teacher.
    We did pinch some magnesium though and rolled it into a cigarette for someone :mrgreen:
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    home well before expected.

huzzah!

no one died.

huzzah!

tdv flew out this afternoon and is now (obviously) out of the country.

boo!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

huzzah!

no one died.

huzzah!

huzzah!
    FTFY? :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,248
    Conifergeddon18 part 3, done. 3 big ba5tard conifers, inc one forked fxxxer with crossed and grown together stems, down, chopped up and mega bonfire to disappear the debris of those plus from parts 1 and 2, done. That was an 8 hour shift, on a Sunday. Several beers await.
  • orraloon wrote:
    Conifergeddon18 part 3, done. 3 big ba5tard conifers, inc one forked fxxxer with crossed and grown together stems, down, chopped up and mega bonfire to disappear the debris of those plus from parts 1 and 2, done. That was an 8 hour shift, on a Sunday. Several beers await.
    Have you set them on fire with fire and thrown them into the neighbours garden?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,248
    orraloon wrote:
    Absolutely. 'Tis the only way.
  • orraloon wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    AKA the MF way 8)
    Ecrasez l’infame
    orraloon wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    AKA the MF way 8)

thou doth flatter. much thanks 8)

but yeah, smash then torch the blighters and lob over the fence.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Stevo 666 wrote:

huzzah!

no one died.

huzzah!

huzzah!

maybe :)

would be good to meet up with this fabled tdv thou. i understand that she is the fabled pureyor of lists and chores. like a Greek goddess but only sterner.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Stevo 666 wrote:

huzzah!

no one died.

huzzah!

huzzah!

would be good to meet up with this fabled tdv thou. i understand that she is the fabled pureyor of lists and chores. like a Greek goddess but only sterner.
    I know what you mean. Wish mine had a job that takes her abroad :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• Stevo 666 wrote:

huzzah!

no one died.

huzzah!

huzzah!

A goddess what gets sterner? Help me, where can I worship?
    Ecrasez l’infame
    to be frankly honest and not flippant, none of the MFs actually know where she is. She could be getting some p & q in the loft for all they know.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • to be frankly honest and not flippant, none of the MFs actually know where she is. She could be getting some p & q in the loft for all they know.....
    MF, your satnav gone haywire or do we in BB need to talk censored ?
    Ecrasez l’infame
    all good - we've just lost track of where each other is because life has gone mad crazy. i know its not an away - away trip so quite cool about it all.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    anyone else watching Fury Road?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • anyone else watching Fury Road?
    I mistyped as “furryroad” and am consequently in heaven...
    Ecrasez l’infame
    anyone else watching Fury Road?
    I mistyped as “furryroad” and am consequently in heaven...
    Imagine what happened three years back when the wife and I were looking for a black cockapoo.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,701
    I thought the mfs went to get shot at in the cold, and tdv imploded in fury. But now the mfs are back, and tdv has fecked off.

Wales is confusing.

No excitingness here, just some low grade alcoholism. Barely even worth mentioning.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,537
    ...come back Manc33, all is forgiven.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!