The cooking thread and what are you having for dinner tonight beansnikpoh?

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    shuuuuuuuut up pinno. i'm like well ally trained me. i've got my own plasters and boots and everrrrything.

#allyas
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    getting back on track: rump steak, 'shrooms, baby potatos, carrots.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    shuuuuuuuut up pinno. i'm like well ally trained me. i've got my own plasters and boots and everrrrything.

#allyas

Is this your work?

fit-for-work.jpg

That guy only came in for an in grown toenail.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    This is a most concerning observation. In fact it isn't concerning at all, it's quite frankly inexplicable.
    I never contradict myself like him.

I think he's so taken aback at the loss of Nina in her lab coats, he's lost it, maybe temporarily, maybe permanently.

You would think that it would slide around the plate a bit. Especially in Wales. There are no straight roads in Wales. Unless of course it was curried goat from Edwyn's top spicy take away. I hear that it is especially sticky.

of course it was on a plate. i don't eat food from cartons. i'm not a peasant see.

why would you not have a plate of curry in your car? seems a bit wierd not to.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Big Harv wrote:
    Do we know for a fact he is in Wales. Wasn't he hiding in someone's garage recently?

Spreading disinformation might be part of his training.

confirmed Big H - I was in Veronese's garage eating his wife's muffins.

i was meant to be in H3s but he moved house or i got lost - one of the two.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Big Harv wrote:
    Do we know for a fact he is in Wales. Wasn't he hiding in someone's garage recently?

Spreading disinformation might be part of his training.

confirmed Big H - I was in Veronese's garage eating his wife's muffins.

i was meant to be in H3s but he moved house or i got lost - one of the two.
    One muffin tastes much like another, I’ve found.
    ETA: I’ve heard some muffins can taste of marmite. Sounds like knife/butter cross-contamination to me.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Some muffins taste of curry.

I like all sorts of muffins. Spice is the variety of life.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

#allyas

Is this your work?

fit-for-work.jpg

That guy only came in for an in grown toenail.

of course not. he still has thumbs that are of the opposible.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Oddly enough we are having curry leftovers tonight, minus the poppadoms and naan bread which lasted about 30 seconds. The delivery guy nearly had a finger bitten off.
    When I suggested we eat them in a car park (on plates of course) Mrs BBGeek gave me an odd look. When I suggested we would be there anyway, this being dogging evening, she said “what about the washing up?”
    Mrs BBGeek: mad as a box of frogs, but hygienic.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloxdy furriners, comin' over 'ere wiv der flavours and spices and that. Take back control of our cuisine. Buxxer, used a furrin word. Bloxdy furriners, comin' over 'ere wiv der etymology and that, pollutin' our pure, not in any way influenced or adopting vocabulary from outside Ingerlaand Ingerlish. Where's me gammon?
  • Pinno wrote:

Mmm...curry muffin :D
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloxdy furriners, comin' over 'ere wiv der flavours and spices and that. Take back control of our cuisine. Buxxer, used a furrin word. Bloxdy furriners, comin' over 'ere wiv der etymology and that, pollutin' our pure, not in any way influenced or adopting vocabulary from outside Ingerlaand Ingerlish. Where's me gammon?
    Gammon flavoured muffin...not knocking it until I’ve tried it :?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Pinno wrote:

the rules state "no anal region"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Pinno wrote:

What's wrong with Wales?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

What's wrong with Wales?

I see what you did there.

Still can't work out how MF ended up with a plate of leftover curry in a car park.
  • I get plating in a car park, wonder what eating leftovers in a car park is like. Asking for a mate.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Small bowl of peanuts for me, more out of habit than desire. Ate myself to a standstill earlier.
    Three of us shared dishes of Keema pau. Prawn kodiwala. Chole puri. Lamb chops. Murgh malai. Mutton fry. Black dhal. Assorted breads to mop up gravy etc. Mango lassi to drink. I kicked off with an old-fashioned at 1 p.m. A lunchtime cocktail is always a treat, though being old means I only had one more, and arrived home by 6 p.m.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Small bowl of peanuts for me, more out of habit than desire. Ate myself to a standstill earlier.
    Three of us shared dishes of Keema pau. Prawn kodiwala. Chole puri. Lamb chops. Murgh malai. Mutton fry. Black dhal. Assorted breads to mop up gravy etc. Mango lassi to drink. I kicked off with an old-fashioned at 1 p.m. A lunchtime cocktail is always a treat, though being old means I only had one more, and arrived home by 6 p.m.

Respect.

It would have been the perfect afternoon had you mentioned curried muffin but nonetheless, that was still good.

It's only 8.55 :wink:
  • Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Respect.

It would have been the perfect afternoon had you mentioned curried muffin but nonetheless, that was still good.

It's only 8.55 :wink:
    +1 from me. Kicking off with an old-fashioned. Decadent. Had some Chimay Blanche to go with the curry leftovers. One of the curries was green in colour with lots of spinach, garlic and coconut. Can’t complain because I ordered it, but strangely tasty.
    Never to late for a bit of curried muffin, though. Better have the Rennie on standby.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Better have the Rennie on standby.

:lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    7 pints of Edwyns home brew and 5 packets of chilli crisps.

FOOD OF CHAMPIONS

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    You will have to munch through a packet of Jacob's cream crackers to absorb all that ale.

When I was in RAF Aberporth, there was this local bitter. Dunno what it was but it was A1.
  • Matthewfalle
    this stuff was rubbish. I feel as sick as a dog.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    this stuff was rubbish. I feel as sick as a dog.

Two fingers - get shot. You'll feel better immediately. Do it over the fence but it's hard to set it alight so don't bother unless you can get the NBC boys to give you a hand.
  • pinno
    Is it post over feeding during xmas? Is it new year health kick or simply mid winter blues that is causing this dearth of posts?
    Was that grammatically correct?

I had Buttered chicken again. I think i'm slowly perfecting it. Even the girls are eating it. Although a much toned down version.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Any informed views on keeping your knives sharp?

Thanks in advance
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    A knife sharpener.
  • slowmart
    no-shit-sherlock.jpg:wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Slowmart wrote:
    Any informed views on keeping your knives sharp?

Thanks in advance

Assuming you have good knives, don't put them in a dishwasher, clean them & dry them after use, and don't keep them in a drawer full of of other bits and pieces then...

A Fallkniven DC521 is all you need. Well, that, a non-slip surface and a sufficiently steady hand to present the blade to the stone at a consistent angle. I also have an Wusthof oval diamond steel for honing. Mine is several years old, but I have taken good care of it (kept in the cardboard sheath). Honing on a steel isn't sharpening, but it will refresh an edge.

Scandi grind knives are easier to sharpen, but they tend to be field knives rather than kitchen knives.
  • slowmart
    Cheers Hoppy, I was concerned about attaining a consistent angle using a whetstone which directed me to consider an edge pro 3 as it seems fool proof and provides a decent cutting edge without having to upskill.

Desmond Tutu