Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

It's Thursday and nearly Friday to.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,239
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning, more decorating and sparky time things then night ride. Weather just grey. Sadly back to work tomorrow. Nearly the end of the wkend for some. Boo.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,408
    WFH - lots of politics expected today, so :(

Out later for a decent night out
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,260
    Morning, a bright and dry start here, I’ve just done the weekly shopping, having a cuppa now, out on the bike soon
    Have a good day
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,138
    Morning

It's gone a bit nippy outside - shorts but long sleeves cold. The sun's making an appearance too although according to the forecast it's not going to be for long.

Something's going down in town today, signs up everywhere saying the main road is shut for an hour. Pothole filling contest maybe.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,044
    Morning, bright start here, came in on No.2 bike with daft new gearing, can confirm, its daft gearings a little more spaced but liveable, chugs up hills quite nicely.

Thistle, same they closed random roads here causing merry hell probably making holes for the potholing contest. Existing ones wont be filled I read somewhere our local council dont consider a pothole to be an issue until its at least 50mm deep which is concerning.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 45,353
    A decent pedal in was had, but will be ditching the bike to worship the God of Scrumpy up in town this evening and ride home tomorrow evening. The work email storm is still in full flow on various things which is testing my powers of delegation and tempting me to be nasty to idiots.

In other news there a family wedding been announced and it looks like we're off to Arizona next November. Should be different.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Step83 wrote:
    I read somewhere our local council dont consider a pothole to be an issue until its at least 50mm deep which is concerning.
    100 mm here where I work. At least someone took a screenshot of their tweet before it was deleted: https://imgur.com/gallery/WIMhS
    Step83 wrote:
    I read somewhere our local council dont consider a pothole to be an issue until its at least 50mm deep which is concerning.
    100 mm here where I work. At least someone took a screenshot of their tweet before it was deleted: https://imgur.com/gallery/WIMhS
    :lol:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,498
    It's thursday - and that's my new friday .... in just over 1/2 an hour I'm off ...

it's more restful at work though ... come monday I'm knackered!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,540
    Me stuck in a bleedin' internet caff in Ayr whilst some blokes put some shiny low rate rot steel on the porker. It might look like an exhaust when they finish,. Here's hoping.
    Someone stinks of urine.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,408
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    In other news there a family wedding been announced and it looks like we're off to Arizona next November. Should be different.
    Been there a few times, my favourite was for a weekend :)
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,044
    Step83 wrote:

I think our councils both employ Brian's skills. I'm sure I put this up before but this is one the council deemed to not require attention

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... thole.html
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Been there a few times, my favourite was for a weekend :)
    Not sure where in Arizona yet...but it would be fly out Thurs, fly back Sunday.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

£350 lighter but I now have a ss exhaust all the way through. It's certainly de-restricted her a little.

I have no idea why I typed that. No one's bloody interested :roll:

What's Hoppy Hoppy Hoppy having for dinner?
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,701
    Pinno wrote:

What's Hoppy Hoppy Hoppy having for dinner?

Sausages & fried eggs. Nowt else in the fridge. Eggs will be on a bit of toast. Apple afterwards.

I do have a £50 voucher to spend at an online butcher. I might do that tonight, for Saturday delivery.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,701
    What about you Pinno?

Anything good?
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,402
    Time for a drink, me thinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqC_m3yUDU
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,239
    You lot are boring tonight at least I had a triple chocolate muffin with my Americano at the nightride cafe stop.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    oxoman wrote:
    You lot are boring tonight at least I had a triple chocolate muffin with my Americano at the nightride cafe stop.
    Sorry, been busy supping scrumpy down the pub :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,064 Lives Here
    Evening folks,
    Been running the bar at the scouts firework display. Quite busy which is good, solid most of the beer and not all to myself. Does make me laugh when people complain about paying less than it would cost in a pub and all of the profits go to the scout group their kids attend.
    Classic car show at the NEC tomorrow. I suspect it will be just the same as the last one and the ones before that.
    Managed to turn the 10 mile commute into 24 miles this evening which was nice as it was quite a pleasant evening, followed by some free pizza.
    True to the thread title, it's nearly Friday.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Been running the bar at the scouts firework display.
    Aren't they a bit young for that?
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Classic car show at the NEC tomorrow. I suspect it will be just the same as the last one and the ones before that.
    I guess they don't bring out many new ones each year :wink:
    hopkinb wrote:
    What about you Pinno?

Anything good?

Chicken Curry with Chapati's (Home made).

Followed by Greek Yoghurt with just a dribble of Cherry Yoghurt.
    Veronese68 wrote:

Heaps of MG's? No ta.