Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Oh God it's Saturday already.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,850
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning sleeping beauty,s, tad cool this morning. Last day at work then a few days off. Family nosebag planned later booked and paid for by eldest lad as a treat for helping him get a job etc. He's even driving so I can a beer or two. Sadly can't have to many as last XC race tomorrow. Trust you've got your thermals ready you'll need em. Enjoy the wkend.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,914
    edited October 2018
    Morning, colder here aswell and a cold strong northerly wind , will be taking the dog out soon then decide if it’s outdoor or the indoor cycling
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Cold here too :(

Going to have a go at running later to see if that will clear the lurgy off my chest

Then some friends are coming over for the weekend, joined by some local friends, it’s going to be excessive
  • mouthmouth Posts: 1,195
    Probably about 3 degrees here, with a stiff, cold breeze. Not a cloud in the sky and a wicked bright beautiful moon. Just hammered the dog around the country park for an hour and never saw another soul the entire route, until the last 5 minutes when a bike trundled past. Nearly crapped myself cos I had my earphones in and the dog went mental.

Plans for the day: running the weigh station at my slimming group, bed (been on night shift), then afternoon tea followed by a beer or 6 tonight in front of the TV. Sadly the wife doesn't work weekends, so she'll likely pick Logi Baird's finest offerings.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,619
    Morning
    Girlfriend has just tried to asphyxiation me by using a whole can of deodorant in lieu of a shower.

Tail walking at parkrun later but thinking of running there and back which could make the walking a bit chilly.
    After that, a bit more fencing.
  • Windsurfing today. Brrrrrr
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    tlw1 wrote:
    Going to have a go at running later to see if that will clear the lurgy off my chest

Hang up side down for a day or so.
    Morning
    Girlfriend has just tried to asphyxiate me by using a whole can of deodorant in lieu of a shower.

It's that antiperspirant stuff they use innit. Fine on the skin but choking off it.
    Tail walking...

What the hell is that?
    Windsurfing today. Brrrrrr

:shock: In the Thames estuary?!

When I woke up in the morning light, it was Chilly but sunny but a little bit windy.
    However, I am going to wear a few dozen base layers amongst other apparel, man up and go for a wobble wobble. Toots are off to Gr Grandma's. She is going bats and the result is that the girls think she's great.
    Forecast suggests that the wind will drop at roughly 11am. If it does, it will turn into a lovely day, lovely day, lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

There's an absolute frenzy at the bird table: Coal, Blue and Great Tits having a squabble over the nuts.
    I tried to suggest to them that this was simply burning useful energy but they didn't listen.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,003
    What's a "Sauturday"?
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
    What's a "Sauturday"?

It's shallow fried as opposed to poached or boiled.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,914
    pinno wrote:
    Forecast suggests that the wind will drop at roughly 11am. If it does, it will turn into a lovely day, lovely day.

So I decided to go out , winter gear on, I managed 14 miles then the heavens opened up , so I cut down a cycle track and made my way the 12 miles home, frozen and drenched, I knew I should have set the trainer up
    Its still raining here with some hail stones mixed in, lovely day indeed, end of rant
    pinno wrote:
    Forecast suggests that the wind will drop at roughly 11am. If it does, it will turn into a lovely day, lovely day.

So I decided to go out , winter gear on, I managed 14 miles then the heavens opened up , so I cut down a cycle track and made my way the 12 miles home, frozen and drenched, I knew I should have set the trainer up
    Its still raining here with some hail stones mixed in, lovely day indeed, end of rant

None of that here - crispy dry. I hate being wet and froze. Hope you had a nice hot shower - there's nothing like it after a ride like that.
    Just waiting to digest. I ate too much. Once that goes down, i'll be off.
    Upside, the wind is dropping and the roads will have probably dried up a little.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    Had a good lie in which was needed. Weather still total pants here - luckily headed back to the tropical South after lunch and there's football on the radio to keep me amused on the A1.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks, very slow start was had. Think I’m still half cut, hangover hasn’t kicked in yet and I’m a bit wobbly. Good day yesterday, lots of fun was had. Started with a walk along the river to Richmond then drinking all day. Think I got home some time after 10 so it was a 12 hour session.
    Not doing much today.
    Not very tropical down here Stevo
    Tail walker is the equivalent of the broom wagon, except I don't give lifts back to the start just phone for the ambulance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks, very slow start was had. Think I’m still half cut, hangover hasn’t kicked in yet and I’m a bit wobbly. Good day yesterday, lots of fun was had. Started with a walk along the river to Richmond then drinking all day. Think I got home some time after 10 so it was a 12 hour session.
    Not doing much today.
    Not very tropical down here Stevo
    Relatively it is. Could see snow on the Cleveland hills this morning.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,539
    Binned off planned sportive ride with daughter #2 due to a) pants weather forecast and b) both of us bleepin' tired in favour of a shorter ride this morning without having to get up in the dark and travel. Started out sunny and cold, turned grey and cold, and we made it back just ahead of the forecast rain. Got a hilly 50 in, pleased with that. Might see if can do the 2nd half equivalent tomorrow.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,850
    Well spotted, and rectified.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,210
    'noon

why is it so cold? go away for a couple of days and the weather does this, though at least it isn't raining, i can see it'll be winter kit time in the morning

hope you've all been good
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    sungod wrote:
    ...hope you've all been good

What?!
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
    Don't forget to put your clocks back people.
    Big Harv: Do you write those very useful and informative nanny state digital roadside display notifications for a living?
    pinno wrote:
    Big Harv: Do you write those very useful and informative nanny state digital roadside display notifications for a living?

Certainly not. Mine would say "don't drive like a coont". Which probably disqualifies me.
    I'd just hate for any of you to miss an extra hour's kip.
    I see. Fair enough.
    If I become PM, i'll give you a job in the Roads dept.

#votepinno
    Yes sir!! Vote guaranteed and job accepted if I can have money for road repairs.

#newagenda
    I will however, be pursuing a slightly different penalty point system.
    For loud music (played at anti-social levels including certain pieces by Wagner, except trad, jazz, some opera and classical), not indicating, speeding within the 30 mile limit and other minor offences, offenders will be subject to listening to Barry Manilow for up to 6 hours and repeat offenders, should be assessed for mental health.

All pedestrian crossings should have a button placed no higher than 5cm so that hedgehogs can access this facility.

Sunday shopping will be banned so that roads are less busy for cyclists.

I hope that you will deliver these policies.

#votepinno
    Big Harv wrote:
    Certainly not. Mine would say "don't drive like a coont". Which probably disqualifies me.
    I reckon people would heed that warning if it was there, more so if you starting adding random number plates at the end of the message.
    #newdealforscotland?
    I've had enough annoying digital roadside displays for one day. Time for a curry then another Dads taxi job.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Big Harv wrote:
    #newdealforscotland?

Won't pursue this one if you exile Mr Rees Mogg to France and place BoJo in the chimpanzee enclosure at Edinburgh zoo - permanently.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,850
    You forgot to insist on Corbyn and his motley crew being sent to Syria on a permanent basis.
  • mouth wrote:
    Probably about 3 degrees here, with a stiff, cold breeze. Not a cloud in the sky and a wicked bright beautiful moon. Just hammered the dog around the country park for an hour and never saw another soul the entire route, until the last 5 minutes when a bike trundled past. Nearly crapped myself cos I had my earphones in and the dog went mental.

Plans for the day: running the weigh station at my slimming group, bed (been on night shift), then afternoon tea followed by a beer or 6 tonight in front of the TV. Sadly the wife doesn't work weekends, so she'll likely pick Logi Baird's finest offerings.
    Wasn’t the “Dog and Hammer” the pub frequented in Viz by Baz and the Fat Slags?
    Just a walk today after a burger van brekkie stop. Had a bike ride last weekend which left me fighting for breath and it’s getting worse so had some medicinal cider, beer and wine. I think some port might help. A doctors appointment is likely in about 2020 here, ho hum.
    Extra hours kip tonight but if my twaunt neighbour is out starting all his vehicles again at 0600 I will murderise him.
    Ecrasez l’infame