Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Tuesday,s running start.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,850
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning, eldest son decided to try running for a change so I took him out after 4 months off myself. Must be mad. Weather cool and breezy. Bike stuff to do later. Enjoy
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,914
    Morning, blowing here this morning, lawn to cut later on,the car has to go in for an annoying rattling noise to be sorted out, that’s about it for today
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,889
    WFH so should have enjoyed ale last night, but I abstained and therefore had a shite sleep

Might go out with a new local cycling club later if I finish in time
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,618
    Today's my Friday. Got 3 days of gardening planned, although I'm sure it will turn into faffing around with the occasional bike ride.

There's something up with the turbo on my car. I plugged it into my laptop this morning datalogging on the way to work but typically the problem didn't occur. Hoping some turbo cleaner might sort it.
    tlw1 wrote:
    Another new club?
    Do they run TTs or hill climbs?
    There's something up with the turbo on my car. I plugged it into my laptop this morning datalogging on the way to work but typically the problem didn't occur. Hoping some turbo cleaner might sort it.
    tlw1 wrote:
    Another new club?
    Do they run TTs or hill climbs?

Let me know if you need some bits for the car

The club is from the bike shop that opened last year in the town towards you
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    Morning, cold and sore throat today, losing my voice. Want to get grip tape on the new bars of the CX tonight and go for a quick spin though. Might go for a bacon roll in a minute. Yawn.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    Seriously dull here. Even duller than me. It's windy too. It's even windy outside so looks like a roller session.
    Toots and OH away to the Science museum, so it's just me and the cat. I hope they aren't mistaken for specimens.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Mmmm, bacon roll sounds like a good idea. Science Museum Piña? I take it there's one nearer to you than the one in Kensington, that would be a long day trip. I do like the Science Museum.
    My colleagues have started complaining about the customers that have been handed over which pleases me greatly. Should probably get on with sorting out my stuff as I seem to have accumulated a lot of sh!t over the years.
    took the Mrs to the hospital yesterday for a check up on her leg. All seems to be healing as it should, just more time for it to get sorted and gradually building it up again. All very dull and frustrating for her. I just want her to get back to running around after me as it should be.
    Coffee machine is warming and tea has been drunk.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Pretty unimaginative week so far, yesterday consisted of a run and an early night. Today will feature sales reps, metal parts and more sleep.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Today will feature sales reps, metal parts and more sleep.
    Use the metal parts to beat the sales reps then you can sleep peacefully.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,015
    Morning, IV line for coffee added due to non sleep. Get to play the fun game of which container are Mexican border control going to block later, joys.

Side note my main light decided to not be a light for longer than an hour at the weekend, Im sure there used to be some huge thread somewhere about these methods of illumination, is it still about?
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,069
    step83 wrote:
    Get to play the fun game of which container are Mexican border control going to block later, joys.

You getting involved with the cartels again Step83? I've warned you about that. :wink:

Been dealing with idiotic questions from Japan all morning. I don't mind questions if they are relevant, and the answers provide illumination for all concerned. These are not this kind of question.

Off to hunt for grub in a minute.
    Surely that should be 'irrumination'?

@Step:

viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12660193
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    hopkinb wrote:
    Been dealing with idiotic questions from Japan all morning. I don't mind questions if they are relevant, and the answers provide illumination for all concerned. These are not this kind of question.
    I see you're getting into the swing of things Hoppy. There is a art to answering Japanese questions which involves giving the least info possible info and minimising stupid follow up questions. Occasionally you might need to point out what is relevant as well.

Busy day here...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    pinno wrote:
    Surely that should be 'irrumination'?

@Step:

viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12660193

Danke,

Though I'm imagining that being said in a minions voice now.

I'm with Steveo, had to deal with some the other week, short simple answers don't give them a way to think of a question off the back of your question.
    hopkinb wrote:
    You getting involved with the cartels again Step83? I've warned you about that. :wink:

No where near as exciting, were moving a pile of telemetry kit from Austin Texas to Mexico City. Obviously a pair of large rather dented containers which have literally been round the world attract customs attention. Worst was moving it to Russia they held both for three days, I'm hoping as were actually in with the bulk of the F1 boys it'll go through fine.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,618
    tlw1 wrote:
    Got a shiny turbo for a 2009 Corsa lying around? :roll:
    tlw1 wrote:
    The one with the coffee shop in the bike shop that closed down or the one on the other side of town?
    Either way the guys I've met from there are pretty quick (but I only see them at races).
    tlw1 wrote:

I flogged a lovely TD04 19T recently I was going to whack in my old car, it wasn't shiny mind
    tlw1 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    The one with the coffee shop in the bike shop that closed down or the one on the other side of town?
    Either way the guys I've met from there are pretty quick (but I only see them at races).
    Send me you reg on pm. The second one (by the car park)

Didn’t finish in time to play tonight :(
    ^ You'll only pass it on to that Welsh bloke.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,069
    pinno wrote:
    Surely that should be irrumination
    Aye. The ingrish pronunciation can be ropey. Waaay ahead of my Japanese though. It's actually fascinating that the expats all mispronounce and add syllables to synthesise phonemes that obviously don't exist in Japanese.