Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Wednesday in purgatory

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning still in Manc land suffering on training course. Glad I'm not in politics today. Enjoy your day
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    Morning

Half ride to work. Rear light was flat, glad I had a spare.
    Hit a pothole on the way in which hurt. Need to report that (again).
    Still a bit dark here, but looks like the sky is clear which bodes well for later.

Is it raining in mancland?
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,936
    Morning , not to bad here this morning, looks like we might see some sunshine today, the conservatory roof needs cleaning so that’s todays job, might even manage a bike ride later
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
    No rain just a bit damp, suspect the Mancs stole the rain. Wish I'd bought my bike for some distraction, never mind always the bar.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Sore throat and general aching signify I haven’t actually avoided full on man flu as I thought

Later should be the fun bike with the local club, just depends on the m42 & toll road
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    Nearly went over the bars on the mountain bike on yesterday's night ride. Managed to hold it but I ended up choking and holding my neck/shoulder because of the impact, feels like whiplash this morning. Lame.

Looks like a solo office day, no work completed so far...
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao!

just sorta kicking my heels really: nothing to do and no one to do it with.

bored.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    Sitting in the dentists waiting room for a check up. Wonder what he'll find this time.

Into the office later for more idiot management activities.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Gloomy and a little moist out but at least I managed to wobble in. Road tyres, mudguards and wet lube mean the bike is set for Autumn and winter. Had to replace the little spring clip that holds the pads apart in the rear caliper as I somehow managed to bend that on Sunday so the brake was binding and making a strange noise.
    Bit more sorting stuff out in here and telling customers I'm sick of dealing with them so am bailing. Later is beer and curry, woohoo!
    Better go, I have to make my own tea today.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    veronese68 wrote:
    Had to replace the little spring clip that holds the pads apart in the rear caliper as I somehow managed to bend that on Sunday so the brake was binding and making a strange noise.

I had to replace front and rear pads. Neither were new, but I thought they had plenty of life in them when I checked them the night before the CX race. 40 mins of mud and honking and I was down to the clips.

Mizzly sort of morning. Having a nice cup of Earl Grey now and looking forward to lunchtime.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,013
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sitting in the dentists waiting room for a check up. Wonder what he'll find this time.

Whatever's left of your wallet after last visit is all he's looking for.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Whatever's left of your wallet after last visit is all he's looking for.
    Escaped with a scale and polish. Phew.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    Bloody hell the sun has popped out.
    Much silliness to do today.
    Must try and find a sparky.
    Must get the Porker to the MOT testing station.
    Must follow up big Cheese mega corp and try and get them to communicate with small time haulage company (Jalopy Inc.).
    Must haver more coffee at some point.

Must go.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    veronese68 wrote:
    Had to replace the little spring clip that holds the pads apart in the rear caliper as I somehow managed to bend that on Sunday so the brake was binding and making a strange noise.
    If your pads wear down too far (not even as far as the metal) the spring can catch on the rotor and give you a rotary dokey.
    tlw1 wrote:
    Later should be the fun bike with the local club, just depends on the m42 & toll road
    M42/toll road sounds like a fun club ride.
    Spent most of the day looking at TVR Chimeras. I am a silly person.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    haydenm wrote:
    TVR drivers should always carry a fire extinguisher or three.
    veronese68 wrote:
    If your pads wear down too far (not even as far as the metal) the spring can catch on the rotor and give you a rotary dokey
    Don't think they're worn enough to do that, will replace them just in case.
    TVR's yuegh. Tubular chassis surrounded by fibreglass, no traction control or LSD's.
    Even more flammable than old Porkers.
    veronese68 wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    TVR drivers should always carry a fire extinguisher or three.

Not only would it severely hinder the wedding savings fund, it would also mean I wouldn't need a wedding fund... and I might burn to death
    pinno wrote:
    TVR's yuegh. Tubular chassis surrounded by fibreglass, no traction control or LSD's.

Was looking at a 944 but I think the noise the Chimera would make might be more enjoyable...

I can't afford either.
    haydenm wrote:
    pinno wrote:

Was looking at a 944 but I think the noise the Chimera would make might be more enjoyable...

I can't afford either.

Strategically drill holes in the exhaust of your current motor.

Attach a stiff piece of card to the seat stay of your bike, so that it interferes with the spokes. Hey presto! A powerful motorcycle!

There you go - a whole fleet of head turning transport options at very little cost. 8) :D
    hopkinb wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    pinno wrote:

I can't afford either.

Attach a stiff piece of card to the seat stay of your bike, so that it interferes with the spokes. Hey presto! A powerful motorcycle!

There you go - a whole fleet of head turning transport options at very little cost. 8) :D

It's a 3L V6, should make a pretty big racket, shame it's a diesel. Work would be impressed though...
    hopkinb wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    pinno wrote:

I can't afford either.

You beat me to that. Although I was going to suggest a hammer and a nail.
    I think my near crash yesterday has broken my collarbone, it's very sore right in the middle and it hurts when I move my neck but still feels 'in one piece'. The OH is convinced I need to go to A&E but I can't think of a worse way to spend my evening...
  • webboowebboo Posts: 3,169
    haydenm wrote:
    I think my near crash yesterday has broken my collarbone, it's very sore right in the middle and it hurts when I move my neck but still feels 'in one piece'. The OH is convinced I need to go to A&E but I can't think of a worse way to spend my evening...
    Wait and go on Friday or Saturday night and see how the other half live.
    Good luck with A&E HM, hopefully just muscle strain and bruised rather than bust. Course finished for the day, what to do. I know more beer and mediocre food. You've got to love premier inns and beefeaters.
    Can't be arsed going to A&E,I'll just wear a sling and take ibuprofen until the pain goes away. When I broke my ribs it was more than just a hairline and they said there was nothing they could do, didn't even get any funky painkillers. I'd be more nervous if the pain was at either end or if it was moving about abnormally.

Ah, staying away for work for any period of time makes me feel ill. Too much beer and rich food!
    I bust my collarbone twice and separated my shoulder twice. All 4 times I was given a sling and told to go home.
    haydenm wrote:
    pinno wrote:

I can't afford either.
    It'd be great fun until you killed yourself in it.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

haydenm wrote:
    Can't be arsed going to A&E,I'll just wear a sling and take ibuprofen until the pain goes away.

Which is basically different from A&E in that: you have no X ray but no waiting in queue's to be seen, then sent to X ray, then a wait there, then back to A&E just to wait to see the Doc again and then he/she disappears for a seemingly inexplicable and endless amount of time before handing you a prescription, a bunch of leaflets and advises you not to drive on the painkillers he prescribed.

Saved yourself a lot of bother there.
    TVR,s are the best sounding cars I think. Watched the owners club go up the winnats pass in the peak district with about 20 plus and the sound reverberating around the pass was awesome. Although some Alfa Romeo sports car came by me on the motorway that sounded pretty nice to. Please note TVR Tuscan only.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    haydenm wrote:

How did you do it - direct impact or land on your hand/shoulder?

Any of the following:
    Heat
    Swelling
    Redness
    Movement
    Bruising
    Crepitus

From the area?

Range of movement of shoulder and arm?

Weight bearing?

Pain score 1-10?

Any previous injury to the collar bone?

Anything else started hurting?

Breathing all ok - no pain/restrictions?

When you move your neck does your neck hurt or the collar bone?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.