Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Saturday swimming against the waves

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning, currently windy and very wet around the Midlands. Currently considering first parkrun in a while since getting plantar problems, suspect I might give it a miss and have something pig based instead. Chilling out all day hopefully.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    family are all off for the MILs birthday, so doing the Park run with the barman who served me all the ale last night and is half my age - this isn’t going to be fun

Then some chainsaw fun followed by using the fun bike and Pub with pals
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,568
    Flu jab, then initial session with a chiropractor to assess wtf is going on with my collarbone / shoulder - feels like momentary dislocation, nerves go into electric-shock-type bang, with consequent acheing and general badness.

Would have ridden to both but weather here is poxy, and tomorrow's forecast is worse so looks like planned long ride with daughter #2 won't happen either. Bah.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    Sitting outside a cafe in Beckenham with a bacon sandwich and a coffee trying to remind myself that it's mid October but it's 23c. More global warming please.

Going round to talk bollox and drink more coffee with a mate later, followed by going for a run with Stropteen. Reckon there must be a lad at her new 6th form that she likes if she's doing extra exercise. Chainsaw and hockey mask on standby for if a spotty oik visits.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,221
    pleasantly warm ride first thing

just been to stock up on port and bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    Mild hangover made 10 times worse by leak in roof after high winds and an electrical short to the outbuildings... somewhere. I thought that the two things would be connected but they are not. I am pretty sure I know where it is and it will require excavation of some very hard concrete. Bollox. That f*cking Callum and it won't stop raining.
    Banging head whilst banging concrete.
    So instead of enjoying the peace whilst the toots are away to Gr. Grandma's...
    Out comes the SDS drill.

More whingeing later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    pinno wrote:
    Mild hangover
    This is a first for you, isn't it?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    Bicycle re-shod, re-pedalled, the worst of the crud wiped off the chain and some lube applied. Going to have to fettle the front brake due to different wheel, but then I'll be ready for the fun and games tomorrow a.m.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Turns out my legs are still mucked up from last weekend, bright side I beat the barman

Bored of waiting for my new phone to be delivered - going to gamble on the tracking of the van being correct and go out on the fun bike
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    Afternoon
    Peeing down with rain here all day, apart from an hour where I went out for a ride and got soaked because I was out for longer than an hour.
    Wish I'd ordered that boot dryer thing yesterday.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Afternoon from the Shire, very blowy but weirdly warm, confusing but dog seems very chuffed with it as the winds blown down some "sticks" (see branches/trees) for her to carry or least try to.

No pedal owing to high winds and deep section wheels are not fun, other bike is sans back wheel after spraying. Planning to ride tomorrow see what occurs.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
    Good god i should have titled today as slow saturday or dead saturday, has everyone been blown away by storm Callum.
    Reduced to OH's taxi duties as she,s gone out with the girls from work, should be interesting later as hopefully she will be slightly tipsy when i pick her up.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.