Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Your Thursday my Friday again.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning Slackers. Last day on shift for a while as training in Manc land next wk. Pick shiny bike bits up later from PO then CX night ride.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,936
    Morning, mild and misty this morning, if it stays fine I will be clearing some rubbish out of the shed to make room for the garden furniture
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    Morning slackers,

Taking the car in to the local stealer as it's had a recall notice which needs sorting before I sell it. Hopefully I can avoid any bills before it goes.

Then into work to deal with idiots.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    Morning

Been at work for a while and it's still dark outside.
    Trying to work out my next move.
    Morning

Dark at ten past eight? Are you in Jocko land?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao fellas

blowing a billion miles an hour wind out there so drinking coffee in the car delaying going into work.

tired around the edges so nice easy day planned.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Morning

So it wasn’t you I saw Cycling towards the cemetery this morning?
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Hybrid commute and passed a nice looking lady so good start to the day

Work is not fun today, but later out at jazz night that serves decent beer
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    tlw1 wrote:
    So it wasn’t you I saw Cycling towards the cemetery this morning?
    Nah, not guilty gov. Went for a run and caught the train....just.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dark at ten past eight? Are you in Jocko land?
    No, deepest darkest Cheshire. I think it was just cloudy, it's quite bright outside now.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    Foot off the gas a bit now, take a few breaths, plan for the minion.

Now, what to have for dinner tomorrow night, as Mrs H3 gallivants with her chums in the Balearics? A big old chunk of steak I feel, with some nice mushrooms sautéed in the steak pan while the meat rests, flamed with a touch of cognac, then finished with a small slosh of cream and a handful of tarragon. Oh yes, that will do nicely.

It's still bl00dy hot down here. No knee or arm warmers required this morning.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    Nice morning, still, hazy and bright. I didn't realise it was quite so warm until I went to pick up some firewood last night, I rushed home and went out on the cx bike, well worth it. Today will be spent with spreadsheets until mtb with a friend this evening. Weather is going to turn, should be fun
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning Slackers. Last day on shift for a while as training in Manc land next wk. Pick shiny bike bits up later from PO then CX night ride.

You're not taking any shiny things with you to Manc land are you?1

Foggy wobble ahead of me. Must get winter trainer sorted.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Laters.

Sorted as in set up? or sorted as in purchased? I have an Elite novo smart lying about if you want it for a hefty discount from rrp...
    hopkinb wrote:
    Foot off the gas a bit now, take a few breaths, plan for the minion.

Now, what to have for dinner tomorrow night, as Mrs H3 gallivants with her chums in the Balearics? A big old chunk of steak I feel, with some nice mushrooms sautéed in the steak pan while the meat rests, flamed with a touch of cognac, then finished with a small slosh of cream and a handful of tarragon. Oh yes, that will do nicely.

It's still bl00dy hot down here. No knee or arm warmers required this morning.

oooh. sounds nice. salad alongside? vino?

need pics of potential minions.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
    Pinno I won't even take my car to Manc land let alone nice shiny bike stuff. TLW your supposed to follow nice looking females not pass them.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    currently kicking heels - need to go to a certain building. currently in that building is the entire head shed of the world.

there is no way at all i am going anywhere near that building at the moment.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Bit of a dull start to the day, had to drop female child off in Worcester Park then the invalid to Twickenham. This meant I spent the best part of 2 hours sitting in traffic. No wonder I prefer to ride my bike.
    Still waiting for them to sort out if I'm moving or not, getting a bit fed up with it to be honest. I said I want to go but I don't want to lose the equivalent of my bonuses, not difficult you'd think. The problem being I earn more than the others and tend to get bigger bonuses. Not big bonuses, but a nice little extra that can pay for bike stuff. This place could give lessons in how to disincentivise staff.
    Supposed to be CX training again tonight but have to pick the Mrs up again and do a bit of running around, not sure if I'll manage it at this rate.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Morning, misty one up my way in the woods the more mist by the puddle at work, no need for arm warmers etc today nice gentle spin in.
    Work ahoy talking to yanks later which is going to be tiresome. Coffee, fish an potatoes on the menu today.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    haydenm wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Laters.

Sorted as in set up? or sorted as in purchased? I have an Elite novo smart lying about if you want it for a hefty discount from rrp...

No ta. I have a set of rollers. I meant give the WT a once over and pump up the tyres.
    Bloody windy but bloody good wobble. Got blown home at silly speed with little effort. Which is just as well as I din't have much effort to put in by that time.

Did you ride barefoot TLW nutter?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    pinno wrote:
    Got blown home at silly speed with little effort.

Heh. Blown.

The internet would be a sad place if someone didn't chuckle at that.
    I'm also hoping that it rains heavy enough to clean all the mud off my car before I get shouted at at work, no one has mentioned it so far which is a good sign...
    Hehe, its nearly cider o'clock. Followed by curry o'clock :) And work from home tomorrow.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    Telly off, spot of minimal Italian techno off soundcloud on the proper speakers, Robert Macfarlane's second book on the British landscape, can of budvar. Nice.