Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Monday maybe the start of something.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,466
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning Slackers, no bimble in today as woke up to late so driving in for a change. Suspect I'm going to be subjected to a day of stupid as boss is in all day for a change. Looking very dark outside, even needed lights on way home yesterday evening. Try to explain to storeman that when I order stuff I want it yesterday and not next year, might make him wait till summer for his new office heating. Might work. Why's everyone gone gaga over Darceys knickers. Pervy sods.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,180
    Morning,

Light enough while riding in although the sun hadn't come up when I set off. Meant I got to see a cracking sunrise.
    Same as usual today. Might do some job hunting :roll:
    oxoman wrote:
    Try to explain to storeman that when I order stuff I want it yesterday and not next year, might make him wait till summer for his new office heating. Might work.
    I bet if he orders the heating it will come yesterday.
    oxoman wrote:
    Why's everyone gone gaga over Darceys knickers. Pervy sods.
    I've missed that, probably for the best.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,291 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Slightly delayed start as I had to drop the invalid at her work on the way in, obviously this meant I had to drive in. Quite bright and sunny out but a bit fresh. Glad September's gone, hopefully October will be a bit better.
    Tried to enter a CX race but the website wouldn't let me, bloody stupid idea so I suspect the website is trying to protect me. Have you entered yet H³? Need to go and see the old dear later and do some more paperwork. Hoping for a quiet day with not too many idiots, a forlorn hope I suspect.
    oxoman wrote:
    Why's everyone gone gaga over Darceys knickers. Pervy sods.
    I've missed that, probably for the best.
    I've missed that too, where should a pervy sod look?
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,162
    Morning, something is starting an thats a cold, started brewing Saturday decided to go play chase on Sunday with the cat A guys now its a full blown cold an my legs ache. Urgh

Large coffee an lots of tissues ahoy.

Whos Darcey?
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Who is Darcey? Do I want to see her knickers?

I haven't entered yet the CX race yet V. The gutache on Fri and Sat knocked me for six. Back in the proper land of the living today though. I'll have a bash later. Are you lying about your age to get in the V40's race? I need to google cx tyres. Obvs I don't want to be spending a fortune.
    hopkinb wrote:
    I haven't entered yet the CX race yet V. I'll have a bash later. Are you lying about your age to get in the V40's race? I need to google cx tyres. Obvs I don't want to be spending a fortune.
    Yes, lying about my age so the rest of you can laugh at me as you lap me, also gives me another excuse for being so slow. I have a selection of tyres if you want a pair, ABFG might want a pair too. The G Ones you have will be fine if it's dry though. Stevo could enter, they even allow MTBs. Although his downhill rig would be a bit slow I suspect.
    Might go to the CX training on Thursday evening, followed by a pub for isotonic Best Ever Exercise Recovery drinks.
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Morning all, leaving at 3 today to drop my car into the garage - or that's how the story goes - actually got a third interview for a job, Should hopefully just be a case of convincing the head of the department that I'm worth employing! First two have gone well and apparently it is the second one that gets rid of the people they don't want so fingers crossed.
    Would mean I could actually cycle to work again which is something I am very much missing!

I don't know who darcy is either?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,357
    gallery-1538243389-darcy-bussell.jpg

A bit of an anti-climax really.

Jeezo, it's chilly.
    Still sorting after moving boxes of god know's what.
    Waiting for Porker part (again). Would like to take said car and drive down the road to Aldi to have a look at the Merino base layers. I think a 50 mile round trip by bike along the A75 is probably not a good idea.

Must eat more.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    Pinno wrote:
    A bit of an anti-climax really.
    Jeezo, it's chilly.
    I bet it is in those knickers.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    Pinno wrote:
    Waiting for Porker part (again). Would like to take said car and drive down the road to Aldi to have a look at the Merino base layers. I think a 50 mile round trip by bike along the A75 is probably not a good idea.
    Sounds like you've got more chance of getting there by by bike than you have in that car.

Busy day on the corporate hamster wheel today, following the principle that pain in the arris work issues are like buses. Several have turned up at once. That's life, I shall have to delegate harder. Later will be finalising my order with the car dealer and hope they can build the bloody thing in time for Christmas.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Later will be finalising my order with the car dealer and hope they can build the bloody thing in time for Christmas.

May have missed it, but what did you decide on Stevo?
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Later will be finalising my order with the car dealer and hope they can build the bloody thing in time for Christmas.

Must be some sort of kit car.

gu0qd7texuf8gatykpsy.jpg
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I haven't entered yet the CX race yet V. I'll have a bash later. Are you lying about your age to get in the V40's race? I need to google cx tyres. Obvs I don't want to be spending a fortune.
    Yes, lying about my age so the rest of you can laugh at me as you lap me, also gives me another excuse for being so slow. I have a selection of tyres if you want a pair, ABFG might want a pair too. The G Ones you have will be fine if it's dry though. Stevo could enter, they even allow MTBs. Although his downhill rig would be a bit slow I suspect.
    Might go to the CX training on Thursday evening, followed by a pub for isotonic Best Ever Exercise Recovery drinks.

I entered successfully in the 40-49 category. I will keep an eye on the weather forecast. I saw that they (KW) do CX training on Thursday nights. Might be a giggle if I can get a pass.
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

gu0qd7texuf8gatykpsy.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,617
    Work meh and race concerns equals shite sleep and frustrating day
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

New Mazda?
    TLW1 wrote:
    What's your race TLW?
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Yes, lying about my age so the rest of you can laugh at me as you lap me, also gives me another excuse for being so slow.
    Wouldn't you be better lying to get in the V80-90s so you can win it?
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Yes, lying about my age so the rest of you can laugh at me as you lap me, also gives me another excuse for being so slow.
    Wouldn't you be better lying to get in the V80-90s so you can win it?
    I think I'd struggle in the girl's under 8s class. :oops:
    No expectations means no disappointment. :mrgreen:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What's your race TLW?
    Ultra marathon :shock:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    This sounds so wrong!
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What's your race TLW?
    Fook. Is not a non-ultra marathon enough?
    Start drinking EPO instead of cider. Sleep in one of those oxygen tents. Turn your ankle and cry off. Those are my tips.
    Good luck!
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

AMG Merc. It was a close contest with the F-Type Jag but practical requirements related to kids, parents and bikes means the 'Shaguar' will have to be the next one.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

New Mazda?
    Begins with an M and it has 5 seats but that's where the similarity ends :)
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

gu0qd7texuf8gatykpsy.jpg
    To be fair they do have to build it for me :D Hoping they will get it sorted in time for it to be a Christmas pressie to myself.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    This sounds so wrong!
    Now you mention it :oops:
    That’s not what I meant.
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What's your race TLW?
    Start drinking EPO instead of cider. Sleep in one of those oxygen tents. Turn your ankle and cry off. Those are my tips.
    Good luck!
    What’s wrong with cider?
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What's your race TLW?
    Good luck!
    What’s wrong with cider?
    Nothing in isolation. EPO will help more with training for an ultra marathon though. Obviously cider can be fuel during the race! And as a recovery drink. :D
    I can give him some steroids. Hell, I think we could all chip in with whatever we got in the medicine cupboard to keep him going. Crowd drugging. It could catch on.
    Pinno wrote:
    I can give him some steroids. Hell, I think we could all chip in with whatever we got in the medicine cupboard to keep him going. Crowd drugging. It could catch on.
    Some of your drug cupboards I imagine are more sinister than others
    'Some'?! I resent that.