Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Tuesday is my Friday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,465
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning slackers trust you bleary eyed lot are living the dream. Bloody cold ride in this morning, some strange white stuff on cars and it ain't coke. See the spammers returned again. Enjoy the rest of the week.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,616
    edited September 2018
    Today is my Tuesday :(

Long commute for 2nd day in a row, wonder if it will be no ale too
  • Morning, from a very cold Lincoln frosty here as well, the central heating came on this morning , at least the house was warm when I got back with the dog, on the plus side the sun will be out all day again.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    On the train into a chilly Big Smoke. Lots to do today but its a 4 day week for me and I'm out tonight for free food and drink hosted by advisors in the pretence of discussing Brexit - I do like these corporate jollies :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,180
    Morning

Cold but no frost. Nice ride in again and glad I got the winter gloves and long sleeved top out.
    Not sure why I've bothered coming to work, nothing productive is going to happen again.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,291 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    It's only Tuesday here as well, nothing Friday about it unfortunately. Bleedin' chilly out there first thing as well, still in the car so was glad of the heated windscreen. Whilst I doubt I will be very productive at work they pay me for turning up at least. I might pretend to do some actual work to make them feel better about it.
    Was over at the 'rents place last night trying to get our heads around the state of the old man's finances and the whole probate thing. What fun, more of the same tonight I suspect. Older sister goes back to Italy on Thursday so will have to ramp up the keeping an eye on the old dear at that point. Down side of older sister leaving is younger sister may turn up and try to 'help' more.
    Neighbours didn't come to talk to us last night after the desperation to talk to us at the end of last week. I suspect they may be a little embarrassed after the latest episode, especially if they overheard my conversation with the people the other side of them. I still want to murderise them to death and will certainly be ripping several strips off them when I do talk to them. Smiting is too good for them.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Morning all.

Successful ring resizing last night. Although it'll take a week to return so she's a bit uncomfortable about it... *wink wink nudge nudge*

My office is moving from a 10 minute commute to a 34 minute commute although the new place has a free pool and sauna. Not sure what good a 12m pool will be though, might buy a tether thing for training
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,357
    Chilly, grey and windy and that's just the condition of the contents of my underpants.
    The weather is the same.

Today will be mowstly odd jobs. Was going to cut the hedges but it's 'orrible out there and a fair chance of rain.

I noticed SG has posted on other parts of the forum but no here. I'll have words with him.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,291 Lives Here
    Pinno wrote:
    I noticed SG has posted on other parts of the forum but no here. I'll have words with him.
    Don't worry, I 'll do it for him.
    Scorchio, spoke to a tabbie but he wouldn't share his pineapple. Coffee and cake before retiring to bask for the rest of the day.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,361
    scenic moonset over montaña roja before dawn, then off for a lumpy 90k, rode into a bit of early morning mist up in the volcanoes, dropped the temperature into the low 20s, brrrr, scorchio after that though

had a free cafe solo from the nice lady in the cafe under the volcano, also a donut, looped down through soo then back up to volcanoes via la santa

like me, the tabby is saddened by the pussycats killed in the road and not in a good mood with humanity, stupid drivers, i mentioned the general problem of the stupid, the tabby recommended turning them into dog food - the stupid are mostly fat, so they aren't good for pussycats, but dogs will eat any old censored

lunch beckons, followed by a bask
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Not too bad here, pretty nice day (I quite like cold mornings!)

Day off tomorrow for the interview so trying to research/prep on the sly here today, Interview isn't until the afternoon so planning a nice lie in tomorrow!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    scenic moonset over montaña roja before dawn, then off for a lumpy 90k, rode into a bit of early morning mist up in the volcanoes, dropped the temperature into the low 20s, brrrr, scorchio after that though

had a free cafe solo from the nice lady in the cafe under the volcano, also a donut, looped down through soo then back up to volcanoes via la santa

like me, the tabby is saddened by the pussycats killed in the road and not in a good mood with humanity, stupid drivers, i mentioned the general problem of the stupid, the tabby recommended turning them into dog food - the stupid are mostly fat, so they aren't good for pussycats, but dogs will eat any old censored

lunch beckons, followed by a bask

I do like Lanzarote, not been for a few years now, not since just before mini stared school in fact. I really must try and get some time there in the next 12 months, hire a bike too.. However, I think this year's winter holiday is skiing with my brother and his mob at my aunt and uncle's place in the frozen north, and my mother-in-law has a friend who is lending his place in Andalucía at Easter. Mrs H3 has also got designs on next years summer holiday too.

Boss has gone to Japan, leaving me to hold the fort. Hence I predict total corporate collapse within 3 days, so there might be some cash to make with a judicious shorting of my employer. At least it looks like a nice week for it, despite having to don warmers in the mornings. That reminds me, I must buy some full-finger gloves.